Chapter 132

Olly's POV

I hate hospitals... the sound of the machines pissed me off and I saw my dad worried but hopeful which is very strong of him. Nicole is still a sobbing mess and I see Mariana, Matt and Cindy sitting outside all concerned.

Cindy and Mariana were dressed up for a party and Matt... well he's in his pajamas which is very Matt for him.

The doctor makes eye contact with me through the open blinds and they became fully attentive to tend to me.

"Hey Olivia, how are we feeling?" They check my temperature and massage the back of my neck where it aches.

"It's olly, I just want to go home," I groaned savoring the massage as I eased back into my bed.

"You will, after you get your prescriptions. We already have your pain killers setup, we just have to wait for you to have you inhaler a set up and ready for use," he clicks his pen.

"Inhaler?!" I look at my dad he nervously smiles.

"When you blacked out, you were already suffering a potential mild concussion, but because your nostrils were blocked from crying so much, oxygen couldn't flow properly and it put a strain on your head and it actually made matters a little tricky. Details might seem vague from recent events, but they'll comeback one day at a time. Just nothing crazy over the next few weeks. Your lungs collapsed as we tried to provide you oxygen, so that's what the inhaler is for. Whenever your chest feels heavy, just whip it out and breathe," he explains briefly and I feel like every word went over my head but at the same time, I understood.

"I pretty much have temporary asthma?" I looked at the hospital wrist band.

"You can say that. Just for a few weeks. If school is overwhelming, we can contact all your teachers and inform them. Some occasions it takes months to recover from the condition you're in, so don't rush it. Mental health is far more delicate than physical health," he informs me and scoffed in disbelief.

"I'm disabled," I muttered and stared up at the ceiling light.

"It's only temporary, Olivia," he tries to be nice.

"It's Olly. how long til I can go home and sleep?" I corrected him.

"Right, you should be able to go home right aboutttttt..." his voice dies down as he looks at his watch and quiet knock catches out ears.

A nurse comes in with a white packaging and hands it to the doctor and he checks the label on the packaging.

Satisfied, he hands it to me and smiles, "you can go home now. Remember what I told you about your inhaler," he walks out the room and hands my dad the clipboard and I watched my dad's face go pale.

"Ugh, about damn time," I start yanking on cords and rushing to get out of the bed in my hospital gown.

"Hey, what's wrong," I walk over to hug my dad and he kisses my head.

"I- I can't pay it... I'll be in debt and have to file bankrupt," his eyes went Googly all over the papers and he gets frustrated.

"Not unless.. I call your mother," he sighs and curses.

"Jim that won't be necessary. My parents volunteered to cover majority of the bill and hospital expenses. The rest of my family chipped in as well with medical expenses whatever Olly lost from the wreckage," Nicole places her hand on my dad's shoulder and he squeezes it with tears in his eyes.

"As a man, this should be shameful. Accepting money from a woman because I can't provide what I need for my kid.." he sighs.

"Your a man realizing you can't do everything on your own," Nicole slips her hand out of his grasp and walks towards me.

We didn't share any words but our eyes met. Her eyes were bloodshot from crying and her face is still pink. A smile curved her lips weakly and her thumb strokes my cheek tenderly. With that, it's as if she telepathically told me everything she wanted to say and only my intuition could provide me the answer.

And just like that, she gets up to leave the room without saying a word and an elderly couple walks into the room... I recognize the scarf on the old woman for an odd reason.

"You saved my god son tonight," the old man held out his hand I gave it a firm shake.

"I don't even know you, yet I have love for every part of you. Thank you! The least we could do was help out with medical bill," The woman weakly exclaimed and hugged me.

"It's nice to finally meet you Mr. and Mrs. Waters," I smiled sorely from the stitches and bandages on my head.

"A knight in shining armor indeed," Payton pokes her head in and winks a kiss at me before coming in to hand me a bouquet of flowers and leaves quietly.

"Happy New Years Olly," the old woman holds my hand with both of hers and I felt a skip in my heart finally meeting these two.

"I hope you have a sweet tooth because I'll have Nicole dropping off plenty of goods to your house as your recover," she reaches for her cane and makes her way out.

"I can just drop off beer and call it club soda. You've earned it," Nicole's dad blurts and my dad laughs along side with him.

<><><><><><>