Chapter 50

Olly's POV

"So, your mom is... perky," Nicole breaks the silence as we wait in line to make a spare key.

"My tits are perkier than her overall persona," I scoff and Nicole snorts.

"You're something else, I assure you of that," Nicole sighs with a smile.

"I'm not sure how to thank you. Really. I've always wanted a dog. Matt's always busy with cheerleading because he's on the varsity squad and it's year round because they do competition in between seasons. He's like a brother. Other than him, it gets pretty lonely," I nibbled at the sleeve of my hoodie.

I keep finding myself opening up more and more to her and I don't even know where we stand. I need to stop. And we're alone... in public. This is new- or maybe I'm over thinking it.

"When I talked to your dad about the skateboard, the way he described her before she left does not match who she is at all," Nicole followed up.

Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure a custom arbor skateboard costs some serious cash.

"You never told me how'd you manage to had it customized within hours," I looked up at her and she bit her lip while she rubs her ring finger.

"I pawned Michael's ring," she mumbled nervously and blushed red.

"Nicole..." I gasped.

"Hey we're next," she quickly changes the subject.

<><><><><><><>

We were out for hours finding the perfect shit for Jiggy. I never owned a live creature. So I want to make this count.

"Olly, the yeti dog bowl is literally $30 more than the average dog bowl. Is that really necessary?" Nicole slouches over the buggy with exhaustion.

"Quality, Nicole, it's the quality. What happens when he starts teething? Which reminds me, toys. But with a cheap dog bowl like that, it'd be collateral damage within a month. I doubt he'd chew this up and it's slip proof," I justified my reasoning.

Nicole didn't say anything. She just rested her head on her palm and looked at me dreamily with the biggest smile.

"What?" I tried to hide a smile as I rearranged the cart.

"Something about you and your care for other people and animals. I like it," she laughs off her thoughts.

We were getting ready for check out until we walked past some collars and dog tags. One caught my eye and I became drawn to it.

It was a leather collar with a brass gold buckle and the dog tag was gold plated and shaped like a bone.

"That's a pretty collar. You have good taste," the man behind the front counter smiled warmly.

"I should've bought my puppy to try it on. He's the one who has to wear a collar for the rest of his life," I chuckled and continued to look.

"Ha ha, that's a good one. Hey, you seem like a little trendy; good skin, nice complexion, well groomed, nice personality, and easy on the eyes. Quite the package. We have a pound and it's loaded with pets and animals. Shout us out and I'll customize the collar for you for $40 bucks," he scratches his beard.

I smirked at him and he looked hesitant. He has no ideas who the hell I am and it's fucking Thursday. Nobody's doing shit.

"Olly what's the hold up?" Nicole walked up to me.

"Just watch and learn," I licked my lips as I typed on my phone.

"Hey you!" I shouted from across the dog collar section to a golden blonde girl. She looks at me with big eyes and pointed at herself.