Chapter 125

Nicole's POV

"Olllyyyy could you keep it down?!" I shout at my bedroom door as I continuously hear clatter from the kitchen.

I hear a loud clank as something was being dragged across my wooden floors. I swear it, she's going to die if there's even the slightest scratch on my polished floors. Never once did jiggy scratch my floors and he has paws.

I heard another loud screech and I had it.

I threw a mini fit and marched out my bed room door... im killing her. She's going to die. She's- making food?

My coffee table and two chairs were set out on the patio basking in the sun as Olly is in the kitchen cooking- I don't even know. It just smells amazing.

"I made steak bento boxes!" She sings as she carries out the dishes and pours us both a cup of green tea.

"Where did you learn to cook like this?" I stared breathlessly at the presentation of the meals.

"I watch a lot of anime series with Mariana and one day out the blue we decided to try and cook Japanese food together as a date and uh- I thought you'd like to have a try..." she scratches the back of her head nervously. I wonder if she's hesitating because she remembers that me and Mariana have never once been on good terms.

I'm not sure why, but normally whenever I'd hear anything about Mariana, I just want to rip her head off at times because she's always right and always making an impact on Olly's life in a positive way and it's hard to hate someone's girlfriend who's being a good girlfriend....

"That sounds fun. Just not 'golf cart speed chasing on a highway and escaping the cops' kind of fun," i joked with a friendly smile.

Olly was surely speechless as her eyes sparkled and reflected the warm yellow sun as the still cool winds sent a bigger chill down my spine.

"Really?" She smiles up at me.

"Consider me jealous she's able to have a public relationship with you. I'm trying to be nice, but I still prefer that you'd be with me," I said plainly and thanked her for the food and ate comfortably.

Olly stuttered for a bit and remained quiet.

She's learning. She knows that there are some things you can argue with me on and then there are things you shouldn't even bother opening your mouth on. And me being determined that I get her back is something she knows she cannot deny me.

She's too analytical to ignore the possibilities. Especially with the saying 'nothing lasts forever' especially when it comes to high school romance. That's why I've been somewhat laid back when her and Mariana found themselves in a comfortable position; it's only a matter of time before drama gets involved and it goes to shit.

Call it hateful thinking, but majority of the highschool sweethearts I've seen don't even last that long in the real world after a few years after graduation...

Holy shit this is good food.

"Olly?" I popped my head back up only to see her with an empty dish- no words can describe how predictable she is.

"Mhm?" She gulps the last bit of her food.

"What's so interesting about anime?" I sparked up a fairly good conversation.

"Nicole, Japanese cartoons are wayyyy better than American cartoons. There's so much action and beautiful settings in anime. And the food looks even better! And there's always a unique back story to the main characters. I don't know, it's just not something for everyone. Also, there are a lot of genres of anime. Surely there could be something for a more... mature audience" she contains her excitement.

"What's your favorite category?" I took into fair consideration.

"The ones that have a lot of fighting and mage craft, and other magical whatnot," she said plainly.

"So mature audience to you is anything without fire balls being projected from someone's hands?" I rolled my eyes at her.

Her and her fictional tales, but then again, she did blow up my ex husband's car and crippled him. If I've learned something about Olly, it's that anything is possible when it's to her concern.

"How's jiggy?" I changed the topic. She's right about it not being for everyone. I'm more of a soap opera person. If there's an anime show like that, I'll give it a try.

"He's not a puppy anymore, he's huge!" She exclaims and I giggle.

"His mind is still like a puppy. All he wants to do is play and take naps on my lap. When I leave in a bit, I plan on taking him to the beach for a few hours and take him back home for a bath," she gathers out dishes.

"R-right. I did say you'd be home this afternoon..." I realized my happiness of Olly being in my apartment was short lived.

Without hesitation, Olly comes back to take off the sweatshirt I gave her and walk to the dryer to get the clothes she washed and dried last night to put on.

"Look forward to school starting?" I showed her way out. It was so hard to not stare at her body. I guess I'm a pervert because she's clearly been doing something additional; her abs are sculpted to the complexion.

"Nah, just looking forward to get on your nerves more at school," she chinks a goofy smile that warmed me.

Only I'd know the special meaning behind those words.

"Can't wait for you to be in my office to tell me what stupid idea you thought was so glorious you thought I'd just let you get away with it," I scoffed a short laugh and shook my head.

"You sure are talking a big game Nicole. I'm about to test whether or not you can put your money where you mouth is, because I can surely recall getting away with any and everything I've committed since the first day. You'd say detention but I was getting plenty of attention," she smirked at me and she hesitated with a shocked look across her face.

I don't think she intended to smirk at me the way she did, let alone saying what she said. But just acknowledging that she gave me that signature smirk she'd once gave on a regular basis, gave me butterflies.

"Bye, Nicole!" she blurts while rushing out with her face somewhat pink.

"Hmmmmm. Tsk tsk tsk," I shook my head with a pleasant smile. Words cannot begin to describe what's going on in my own head right now.

<><><><><><><>

AN: yall read so goddamn fast it's not even funny😭 I thought if I get a head start by publishing half of the story line (over 100 chapters), I could update at a comfortable pace BUT NO💀

But hopefully I'll get another update in tmr and probably 5-6 chapters on Monday bc I have no school😌

Another thing, is it just me or is this capable of being an actual show???