Chapter 120

Olly's POV

I'm driving down the express way in a fucking golf cart... I sure hope someone's recording this. I plan on making a senior year recap for the four of us.

The sun set was shining in our faces as the pink skies and orange rays skater led across the clouds and then... police sirens.

"Ollyyyyyyy," Mariana started.

"This is some serious GTA shit right now," Matt held onto something.

"If you're not going to chase me like the way the cops are chasing this golf cart, I don't want it," Cindy finally decided to buckle up.

"We're in the middle of a speech chase and your ego is all you can refer back to?" I look at her square through the review mirror.

"Olly, baby, honey. I'm having a midlife crisis and you really FUCKING shouldn't hold me accountable to what I say until further notice," she moves some hair out of her face.

"Dude, just focus on driving. Here," Matt hands me his set of Beats headphones and blasted some music for me to concentrate on driving to.

It's not a stick shift but I went to the side lane and sped up a little bit, found a lane to hop back in to and managed to shimmy towards the middle again and to the far left.

I look up in the mirror and I realize I got the cops out our sight, but their flashing lights are still noticeable from a distance... if I can maneuver the way I just did one more time, we'd be safe.

I slowed the vehicle to make way to change back into the center lane, accelerated my speed a little bit more to find another opening to change into the right lane.

It didn't take long for me to spot the exit ramp on the very right that's coming up... if I can just-

"EVERYONE HANG ON!" I yelled.

I stomped and swerved onto the ramp that got us off the highway so we could make our route home... we actually lost a lot of squad cars. Only two remained on our tail, but they were from a distance.

Going up the ramp, I started to notice a change in the way the golf cart's speed was going... we've ran out of gas.

I slipped off the headset and started pushing from behind, it was no use, I needed a lift.

"Matt give me a hand! Cindy take the wheel!" I called we all both nodded eagerly to take positions.

Cindy adjusted the review mirrors to see if the cops were still on to us. "I estimate a good 20 seconds to maintain our head start and find a good place to lie low in," she grips the steering wheel.

"Matt, on 3. We shoulder it in sync," I assert him a look and he nods eagerly.

In one tackle, the golf cart bucks down the ramp at massive speed and me and Matt immediately hop on it.

I climb my way through to the drivers side and have Cindy scoot over. Mariana's in shock pretty much and I know how uncomfortable she is when it comes to driving. I know better than to put her behind the wheel.

"With a car chase like this, I'm sure there would've been a helicopter by now," Matt looks over our shoulders and I can see flashing light coming from the sides of the other cars as we continue to go downhill.

"How the hell are we gonna stop with no gas!?" Cindy screeches.

"The battery and breaks still work damnit shut up and let me drive!" I slam on the breaks and swerve off the exit into the beach... home again. Finally.

I pulled into a trashed neighborhood and Matt helped me pushed the golf cart into the junkyard and cover it up with other shit.

The girls leaned against an abandoned RV trying to catch their breaths.