Chapter 168

Chiharu's POV
(ab goddamn time)

My parents were out in the backyard doing tai chi by the koi pond and their favorite music was relaxing them as well as the sound of the waterfall.

I hate being the foreign exchange student.. but Olly and her friends really make up for that. Especially Cindy.

I didn't feel like studying anymore- what's the point? I learned this two years ago. And America is suppose to be the nation in the most advanced technology, what the hell is this?

Economics? Literature?

Where's biochemistry, Calculus, engineering- well Olly takes that she said I shouldn't risk my gpa. The learning procedures are different here and I'm grateful for her tip.

Sometimes, I don't think the smart ones are really smart. They're just... I don't know... really appreciate insight.

I see a pink car catch my eye from my window and I immediately hop to my feet, she can't just come by unannounced!

My parents would make me stand on my knees on top of a pile of dried rice and whip my ass with a bamboo stick.

I dashed down the steps and flew out the front door to meet up with Olly.

"Hiiiii," she gets out the car and I grab her door before she closes it.

"You can't be here," I forced a pleasant smile almost gritting my teeth.

My head will literally be cut off by my family's samurai katakana blade.

"But you can come with meeeee," Olly smiles.

I stared into her green eyes and I found myself smiling too at her invite. She's always been so nice to me, I always question it but maybe it's meant to be.. but I can see it in her eyes, she's upset about something. This is the only opportunity I see that shows I can return a favor of her kind gestures by letting her vent to me. It's the least I can do.

"Okay, but where are we going? It's windy and I should've brought a jacket," I looked down at my loose fitting jeans and air forces. I'm m standing out here in a white cropped top T-shirt and standing in the shade feels like winter and standing in the sun feels like July.

"Here," Olly reaches back into her car to toss me a red and black racer jacket that has a vintage black and red Ferrari racing jacket.

Even I know vintage can be expensive..

"I can't wear that, that looks really valuable," I cross my arms and my eyes yearned to have something like that...

"You can give it back when the day is done," she insists. I know better than make a big deal about it, if Olly's insistent, just go with it.

"It looks better on you," she comes near me and pulls out my hair from the back end and I catch a whiff of her scent.. she smelled- sweet.

I shook my thoughts away, that's Mariana's girlfriend. But who's to say it's wrong for keeping your thoughts to yourself- even if it's about how attractive your friend is and your other friend is dating them.

"You should keep it," Olly takes a stand back to fully look at me. My eyes shifted to the reflection of her car and it actually looks good on me- I know better.