chapter 130

Olly's POV

I'm tired and I'm cold.

We were standing outside in the cold as a blue pickup truck pulls up to the apartment with a box load of fireworks like it's a production.

"Uncle Jerry!" everyone around me exclaimed and clapped. I went along with it as well because I just want to blend in.

"Here's some aspirin for your head," Payton hands me and I slapped it out of her hand.

"I'm not taking a damn thing you give me," I glared into her eyes and I could sense her trembling.

"Olly, what is it now?" Nicole comes over.

"She tried to give me aspirin and I don't trust her, that's what," I nearly spat and Nicole sighed. She can't argue with me on this. She knows she can't win this one. Her sister literally got me drunk and here I am with a big gummy bear craving.

"Payton, please. Just stay away from Olly for the time being. You started off the wrong the way," Nicole pinches her brows at the center of her forehead and Payton curses as she walks off.

"There, is that better?" Nicole hands me bottled water and I drank it dry.

"My hero," I smiled with my breath being visible.

Nicole returned the same smile and we stood there like that for some time.

"I have a public service announcement. I have a PSA," uncle Jerry goes around the empty apartment complex parking lot with a few cars here and there. It's somewhat new, but the spaces are nice.

"I have a remote that controls the timer on some of the fireworks and I cannot find it. I didn't set it up correctly when I loaded them onto the trucks and if I don't find it now, my truck is a ticking bomb," he shares his announcement that startles Nicole's family.

"We should gather up all the kids and get things situated before the worst could happen," I lean over and tell Nicole.

She nods and passes the word to the rest of her family members and they all gather up the kids. Jiggy wags his tail next to me as we look around the parking lot to see if Jerry dropped the remote somewhere. He wasn't specific about when and which fireworks were about to go off.

A few minutes had passed and Jerry comes rushing out with a trinket in his hand waving it in the air, "found it and just in time too. Let's turn this bad boy off before it's world war three," he laughs at his own joke.

Other adults and Nicole watched him press buttons on the remote but he's getting more frustrated.

"It's not working," he scratches his beard and takes off his hat.

"Oh dear," an old woman holds her scarf tightly as she grew more worrisome.

"I can't find Xavier!" Payton comes down the stair case pale as ever.

"Where was he last seen?!" The woman with the scarf looked like she was about to faint.

"He ran to the truck and Jerry showed him all the fireworks. I haven't seen him since that," Payton tried to catch her breath.

We all turn our heads to the side to look at Jerry's car and see a little boy on the driver side banging on the windows across the parking lot.

"Xavier!" The old woman cried.

Nicole held her as comfort and everyone else grew in fear. I'm not having this.

"Jiggy, stay," I ordered him.

He didn't obey at first, but the third time he did when I left him next to Nicole and I sprinted towards the truck.

"Who is she and what the hell is she doing?!" I hear jerry exclaimed.

I paid no mind. I'm doing something. That's all that matters. I can't just stand around as the worst is yet to come.

"It's stuck I can't get out!" the boy banged on the glass with tears in his eyes.

"I'll find a way, I promise," I placed my hand on the window and placed his the same spot on mine.

"Hurry," his lip quivered.

I continuously yanked on the handle as the door would jerk the entire truck and all the objects would rattle.

"Come one," I gritted my teeth pulling one more time until the handle comes off and I get projected in the air and landed on my back.

I get back up on my feet with the door handle in my hand the boy looks so hopeless.

No, no, no, no.

I don't even know how much time I have. I started crying under stress not knowing what to do. We can't call for emergency responders because that's not even going to be fast enough. He needs to get out of here now.

I climbed into the back of the truck and started shoveling fireworks out the back. But it was useless! He has so many back here and I can't even differentiate the ones that would go off on a timer.

I hop out and went back the driver's side of the door took look at the boy as he was crying along with me.

"Go to the other chair behind you in the passenger and stay there, I have one last idea," I rolled my sleeves and clenched my hands.

He nods and climbs to the other side and waits frantically.

I took a running start and shoved my shoulder against the glass multiple times and it wouldn't budge. I never said I was strong, I have agility and speed. I'm strong enough to ko someone with a few punches to the face but not this strong.

After my 5th time running into the car I hear a slight crack and my ear danced to the sound of progress being made. But then my ear also caught a faint beeping sound from the end of the truck.

I don't have time to wonder whether or not that's the timer for the fireworks. I need to get this boy out of her.

"Stay right there, i almost got you," I looked at him he and nods.

I made a right hook with my arm and elbow my way in into the window and once I busted a hole, I jabbed a couple more times with my elbow to widen it and unlock the door.

I was hyperventilating climbing in and quickly grabbing him as glass was flying in every direction and my body was aching every time I moved.

There was a theee interval beep and then a long beep followed along. I didn't hesitate to turn around and pick up the boy in my arms and turned to make my back face the car as I kneeled and shielded him from the explosion.

He cries into my shoulder and I topple over him from the excessive force of the fireworks going off, deafening our ears.

My vision was blurry as countless fireworks go off and I look down to see the boy unharmed. I felt accomplished that he's okay but something caught my nose...

I turned around to look at the flaming truck and from the bottom I catch a dripping liquid catch a flame..

Gasoline.

I quickly pick up the boy by the collar of his coat and push him in front of me but all he could do was toddle. Goddamnit.

I pick him up and ran away from the vehicle to avoid the blast radius as much as I possibly can and a loud explosion lifts me from my feet and I spin to my side and I hit my head on the pavement as my back lands on the road and they boy remains close to my chest..

<><><><><><><>