174. Donnie X Female!Reader: Flinch by Flirting

Requested by BlueberryCheetah

Warning: some slight suggestive themes

During the weekend close to 2 pm...

The turtles and (Y/N) managed to convince Donnie into playing the 'Make Me Flinch Challenge'. However, the group had no luck in making him flinch after the first three rounds.

"You guys know pineapple pizza is my least favorite."

"At least go with anchovy if you really intend on making me flinch."

"Because of the fish smell." Donnie said crossing his arms with a neutral expression. 

Raph almost dropped the fishing rod after Mikey jumped biting onto the pizza slice hanging on the fishing line.

And after popping close to thirty small balloons ranging from a fast to slow speed. Donnie faked yawned reequipping his headphones.

"This doesn't phase me with how much I listen to dubstep." Donnie said as Raph chewed gum trying to avoid extra ear pain from the recent noises.

Donnie's ego started to show as Leo shuddered at an audio recording of a poem. With the words describing a romantic scene between two lovers.

"That's what, only five seconds than the usual one Leo can stomach at a love scene."

"I'm feeling a bit generous so how about a five minute break before the last round..." Donnie said walking away as the turtles saw (Y/N) beginning to seethe.

"I'm almost tempting to toss a beach ball right at his smug face..." (Y/N) said surprising Mikey as he tried to reason with her.

"It wouldn't feel right since Donnie's afraid of those." Mikey said as she got up composing herself.

"I have another idea." 

"Just wait and see." (Y/N) said now staying quiet until Donnie returns.

Timeskip to 5 seconds in the last challenge...

"Are you just waiting for something to happen or-"

Donnie noticed her walking around him as she spoke.

"I never noticed that you have a bit of muscle..."

"It makes sense since you carry stuff around the lab."

"Along with knowing how to properly defend yourself with a bo..." (Y/N) said keeping her distance as Donnie blinked thrown off by the sudden compliments.  

"You're not going to even explain the challenge?" Donnie asked keeping his guard up as (Y/N) innocently stepped forward.

"You usually don't shy away from compliments."

"Always so... Calm and collected about everything..." (Y/N) asked as Donnie started to blush spotting the timer at around ten seconds.

With her still at a slow pace but, nonchalantly inching towards Donnie's personal space. Causing his heart to beat faster than usual when her arm lightly brushed against his as she went in another circle. Now stopping in front of him as he felt her fingers lightly walking up to his shoulders. His eyes widen as she whispered in an alluring tone prompting his face in a deeper shade of blush.

("You wouldn't happen to enjoy this sort of intimate moment?")

(Y/N) changed her expression with half lidded eyes and a frown as Donnie stayed quiet for an additional five seconds.

("Donatello, its rude that you're not answering the question...") (Y/N) said with her fingers gently reaching underneath his chin. 

Donnie gulped in an attempt to slow down his heartbeat as he spoke.

"How about, we call this a draw for today!"

"After all... Shelldon is due for another upgrade so-"

Donnie immediately dashed back to his lab and closed the entrance. With his brothers somewhat speechless on what just happened. 

"Did you really have to flirt with Donnie just so you could win?" Leo gagged as (Y/N) glared at the automatic sealed door.

"And ruin the surprise, despite the fact he just ran away."

"It doesn't really count as flinching..." (Y/N) said as she placed a hand on her hip unimpressed at the sudden draw.

"(Y/N), you might have gone overboard and a bit too close for his personal space." Raph said as Mikey nodded in agreement.

"If you explain to him that his ego eventually got on your nerves."

"He'll accept your apology." Mikey said as (Y/N) sighed hiding any subtle signs of annoyance.

"You guys already saw enough with the challenge ending on a sour note."

"Just focus on something else while I'll deal with Donnie." (Y/N) said as the turtles complied splitting up to do their own thing.

When knocking on the door didn't work, (Y/N) started to text him.

I'm still annoyed you acted like a showoff when it got to Leo's turn.

But... It definitely got out of hand with the pda...

Leading up to that question I said to you...

I really don't want to pull the "I'm sorry card" but I'm not sure how to make it up to you...

(Y/N) sent the message now turning her attention at the door as it opened. With Donnie by one side of his work desk quietly reading the text.

"I'm willing to accept the apology under one condition." Donnie said.

"And that is-"

Donnie raised his arm while placing his hand at the metallic doorframe. Almost above (Y/N)'s shoulder completely surprising her. With him almost copying the same trick she used on him.

"I would prefer future 'intimate moments' between the two of us..."

"To stay in the privacy of the lab or at your place."

"Do we have a deal Miss (Y/N)..." Donnie asked with a sly grin.

Satisfied of seeing her blush as she uttered a brief 'fine'. Donnie dialed down his bad boy persona switching to a soft expression as he spoke. Backing off as (Y/N) loosen her shoulders.

"Its probably best to stay away from these challenges for a while."

"But, it was pretty funny seeing all three of my brothers, horrified by the stunt you pulled off."  Donnie said as (Y/N) snickered.

"Just keep that ego to a minimum the next time there's another challenge." (Y/N) said as Donnie sent another half smile at her.

"It depends if I want the extra attention from you." Donnie said as (Y/N) groaned causing him to laugh.

____________________________

Edited April 30, 2021

I was sort of on a roll with the additional details mentioned in the prompt

Anyway leave comments or criticisms