13. ROTTMNT 1 Year Anniversary

Saturday July 20th 2019: 2 pm in the living room...

"April, Can you stall the guys until 6? I'm still decorating the lair for the surprise party." (Y/N) said with the phone on their right shoulder as they placed the banner at the end of the room.

"No prob (Y/N)! I got you covered!" April said.

"Thanks! I really appreciate it! Talk to you soon!" (Y/N) said as they turned off their phone and sighed afterwards.

"A lot of work for one person to handle..." Splinter said as (Y/N) jumped surprised at the rat.

"Didn't see you there Splinter. I'm really thankful you let me do this for the guys." (Y/N) said smiling at him.

"No problem at all! It's good for my sons having another friend and for April's sake too!" Splinter said.

(Y/N) rubbed their neck feeling proud but remembered something.

"I almost forgot!"

(Y/N) held out a separate clear container with food to him.

"I'm not sure you already ate lunch but this is just the sneak peek of the food I left in the kitchen before April brings your sons back to the lair at 6."

Splinter took the container and thanked them as they continued to their decorating mode to the kitchen.

"Heh. They're a bright kid, that (Y/N)." Splinter said as he sat in his chair turning on the projector with the opened container by his side.

____________________________________________________

4:30 pm at the bottom floor of the skate ramps...

(Y/N) took a swig of their favorite drink while sitting down taking a 30 minute break.

"Hoo boy..." They said now looking at the skate ramps around them.

A sweatdrop appeared on (Y/N)'s head feeling a bit overwhelmed how to tackle this issue.

(Y/N) never liked the obstacle courses because of school's definition of physical education (AKA P.E.). They were used to the some of the physical training their turtle pals showed them but kept forgetting to ask Donnie or Raph about it. Curse the endless pile of homework/assignments towards a typical high school student.

(Y/N) examined the timer on their phone. Only 15 minutes left, they then laid on the floor losing motivation.

"What seems to be the problem (Y/N)?" Splinter asked a floor above them as he hops down to meet them.

(Y/N) sat up after hearing him as exhaustion began to set in on them.

Splinter didn't say anything afterwards but scanned the area around him with the lack of party ornaments.

"Hmmm... Is this the last place you wanted to spruce up, (Y/N)?"

"Yeah... But I'm scared that I might mess it up with my lack of obstacle training." (Y/N) said embarrassed.

"I'm sure the purple one will achieve some type of machine suited for you and for the others as well." Splinter said confidently.

"For now. Extend your break time to 5:30! My sons and April would be worried at the state you're in."

"You wouldn't want to ruin the surprise party by overworking yourself." Splinter said grabbing the bunches of party streamers in one hand as he started to work on the ground floor.

(Y/N) glanced at their phone's screen as a mirror. They were too excited to sleep about the plan and only sleep for (1-5) hours as a result. They shrugged but acknowledge his advice and headed to the living room to take a nap on the large beanbag.