35. Leo X Female!Musician!Reader

Requested from chu1luc

(Y/N) performed with the saxophone version of the song "Piano x Forte x Scandal" by OSTER project (featuring MEIKO) which attracted the attention of a turtle wearing a blue bandana as she turned around hearing him make a clumsy landing.

"You know that song's a bit suggestive near the end after reading the official English lyrics." Leo said as he got up.

She hummed amused at the him as she shrugged her shoulders still holding the instrument.

"It's always the catchy songs plus,"

"The song used to be an instrumental until the artist brought the song to life with the voice synthesizing applications, aka one of the underrated queens known as MEIKO." (Y/N) said.

"Relax. I'm just a fan of those robots singing since my brothers tend to listen them."

"Once in a while." Leo said.

A week later...

Leo frequently visits (Y/N) at various parts of the city. The park, abandoned lots, warehouses, heck even near the junkyard Repo Mantis owns.

Usually he would be suspicious about that place but he loves hearing the assorted melodies she plays with that savvy instrument.

He almost fell asleep catching himself close to snoring. He briefly apologized as (Y/N) shook her head not bothered her friend's actions.

"How's the night patrols Leon?" (Y/N) asked.

"Could be better but..."

"Ugh! Donnie doesn't want to give up searching on the Rival Thieves that showed up last week." Leo groaned.

"Hmmm.."

"One or two groups." (Y/N) said.

"Apparently two but they're both bad guys after the same thing."

"Stealing flashy jewelry and whatever's valuable to them." Leo said.

"Any updates so far..." (Y/N) said.

"Yeah... I don't think I'll be able to make it to tomorrow's hang out (Y/N).."

"Sorry about that." Leo said guilty.

"Awww! Don't worry about that!"

"I'm busy too! Besides,"

"I have to help out with my friends' project so I have to cut today's music session short."

"Good luck apprehending those burglars!" (Y/N) said now taking her saxophone back in her case as she waves good bye at him.

An card fell out of her pocket as she walks away to the rooftop door with her headphones on while carrying the saxophone case.

"(Y/N)!" You dropped-"

The door slammed as it interrupted Leo's words.

"This..." Leo said.

He then studies the card for a few minutes reading the words aloud.

"Something -win-"

Part of the words were smudged but the word win stuck out the most. He took a deep breath and exhaled as he stored the card around the sash near his fanny pack trying not to overthinking like Donnie heading back to the lair now.

___________________________________________________

Tomorrow 1 hour before 10:20 pm...

"OkaySo a semi-quick summary of the two thief groups that are about to reach some mall with an emerald decorated with seven distinct shapes inside a case."

"'Abhorrent Burglars' primary goal is to steal the gem around 10:20 pm. 20 minutes after the store closes."

"The other group 'Reclusive Swindlers' have been rumored to be there as well to prevent those guys from stealing it as undercover security guards."

"But one thing that caught my eye was the new recruit of that Swindler group was pinpointed to a neon sign billboard and with a modified saxophone instrument waiting for the signal-"

Leo tuned out of the rest of Donnie's speech anxious to discover his new friend part of a that group. He was glad that Raph decided to split up before heading out of the turtle tank so he could track down (Y/N) by himself.

He hopes he could sway (Y/N) to get out of that crew.

(Y/N) plays the tune of "Why Does It Have to Be (Wrong or Right)" by Restless Heart with her altered saxophone. Near the mall, the electric lock of the jewelry store opens as the Abhorrent Burglars begin to sneak in. One of the Reclusive Swindlers shined the flashlight on the other group awaiting their leader's commands. However they released item when a huge animal from above tackled a subordinate in the shop as the two other swoop behind the Swindlers.

"(Y/N)! Cease your performance!"

"There's been a-"

(Y/N) presses a key on a constant note as she froze seeing Leo slightly upset as the portal disappears behind him. She withdraws her instrument with a similar look as the two teens stood in the stillness of the bright light beside them. 

"You swear those guys actually stick with their reclusive theme." Leo cautioned after the fourth time after a few minutes of a mini discussion before portalling to the mall.

"When the leader went with a name of a specific cartoon character saying the word swindler and just a cool sounding name for the adjective..."

"It's kind of troublesome.."

"Don't even get me started on the CEO having a rhythm game like security system."

Leo finally laughs his doubts away at (Y/N) now proceeding to make a portal.

45 minutes of a fighting scene summary...

The Mad Dogs and Reclusive Swindlers teamed up and foiled the plans of the Abhorrent Burglars. After delivering the bad guys to a police station undetected, the relaxed leader forgave Raph for some of her injured members as his brothers aided medical assistance.

Leo observed (Y/N)'s outfit taking a breather from today's stressful events. She had a diamond checkered pattern near the collar of the wool car jacket and underneath a (f/c) short tulle dress with leggings of same pattern of the collar.

The older woman recognized Leo's red face unsure to compliment on (Y/N)'s attire. She smirks as she walks over to (Y/N) placing her elbow on the girl's shoulder.

"See! You didn't have to fret about your boy-"

(Y/N) covered her leader's mouth with her hands startled beginning to turn red.

Leo froze never seeing this side of (Y/N) who's usually laid back. Granted he's been trying his one liners on her but now. 

"You definitely have to introduce us to (Y/N)."

"It's common courtesy Leonardo" Donnie said in a sophisticated tone as his brothers snickered

"You guys are so embarrassing!" (Y/N) and Leo yelled in unison.

___________________________________________________

Both songs are mentioned into this oneshot! YAY!

(I'll take a break from the song oneshots or any musically themed; please understand)

Leave comments or criticisms