160. Loathsome Leonard X Reader: Awkward Meetings

Author's Note: First time writing a x reader for the Mud Dogs so hopefully I got Leonard's character right (I got a bit inspired by bootyyy-shaker9000's headcanons on tumblr along with other content about these guys)

Since the guys are implied to be around their early or mid 20s; the reader will be around that age (I'm still following the guidelines of this book so just expect my usual fluff and whatever)

The next two oneshots will also focus on the other Mud Dogs then I'll go back to my regular requests (and if people show interest in them; I'll happily add them to the third and last rottmnt x reader I'll be working on)

Also using a prompt from tumblr at nerds-are-cool

"We keep accidentally running into each other I'm not a stalker I swear"

  Anyway onto the story!

Nearby one of the Hidden City apartments... 

(Y/N) was about to close the elevator door until a tall, dark-blue haired, ogre yokai rushed in, hitting the basement floor button. The doors locked into place with a slight muffled cursing on the other side of the entrance.

Leonard held onto the handrails, catching his breath as he looks up for an emergency exit. Just as he spotted an opening, (Y/N) spoke up grabbing his attention.

"This is the fourth time we keep meeting up like this."

"Not that I'm counting though." (Y/N) said as Leonard raised an eyebrow at them.

"What do you mean by that?" Leonard asked as (Y/N) tried to explain themselves.

"Well, we haven't really talked but, I met your partners in crime."

"Mick was hiding in one of the large rolling hampers just as I entered the laundromat."

"And the other time was when I had to vouch for Danny."

"Just so, the other tenants wouldn't be suspicious while you guys were laying low until this month ends."

(Y/N) rubbed their neck slightly embarrassed of the last explanation.

"You weren't in a good mood when we were both walking down the stairs."

"So I left you alone." (Y/N) said as they heard the bell chime of the elevator reaching its destination.

Leonard cursed under his breath taking out his switchcomb weapon in a defensive manner.

"As much as I want to add onto that conversation,"

"By the time I'm out of this elevator, you better make up another lie, if you end up getting caught by one of the guards." Leonard said readying his stance as (Y/N) nodded with their back by the elevator buttons, waiting for the door to open.

A guard slowly checked the elevator now startled by Leonard's surprise attack, lunging at the bear as (Y/N) pressed a random level, following the yokai's advice.

After a few minutes, (Y/N) stepped out speed walking to the nearest door that led to a group of stairs. Immediately sitting on the first step, relieved to avoid any nearby guards.

("I really had to start a weird conversation instead of introducing myself to Leonard...") (Y/N) thought to themselves with a flushed face.

Near the basement floor, Leonard sneezed after placing the knocked out bear behind the disposable trash cans.

1 week later near 5 pm...

Before (Y/N) could return to their apartment, they heard a familiar voice calling out to them.

"Uh, you're (Y/N) right?"

"Mick couldn't stop talking after I told him that you managed to slip past the guards."

"Even though, a lot of them were on break while I was fighting the onikuma guard."

"Are you feeling alright after last week's sudden situation?" Leonard asked as (Y/N) turned around to answer.

"Yeah I'm fine but, the fact that one guard was out patrolling the area."

"Really says a lot about the management in that fancy apartment." (Y/N) said as Leonard chuckled.

"A bunch of lazy good for nothings."

"But, can I ask why you were there in the first place." Leonard said.

"I helped out one of my old roommates, moving her stuff to that building."

"I left just as you were about to rush into the elevator." (Y/N) said.

"You're oddly calm being the only human here."

"This apartment used to have a reputation of scaring them away because of the loud frat parties." Leonard said as (Y/N) giggled.

"I was definitely afraid for the first few days but,"

"I'm not going to complain over a cheap rent."

"This place isn't perfect but, its better than nothing." (Y/N) said.

"That's understandable."

"I overheard that, it'll be a while for your next roommate to show up." 

"And you're by yourself at the moment..." Leonard said as (Y/N) hummed with a bittersweet smile.

Leonard contemplated for a brief moment then later placed his hands into his jean pockets.

"Me and the Mud Dogs might visit your place during the weekend."

"Just to say thanks for watching our backs and maybe, hang out for a bit..." Leonard said as (Y/N)'s eyes light up at the idea.

"I don't mind if its a surprise visit from you guys just,"

"Give me a call in case something happens." (Y/N) said as they give a paper with their phone number.

Leonard lightly blushed taking the note as (Y/N) held onto the handrail.

"Leonard, just be careful out there..." (Y/N) said as they walked up the stairs while Leonard felt his face heating up in a deeper shade of pink.

Timeskip to the Mud Dogs' hideout...

Dastardly Danny quietly pilfered the note sticking out of Leonard's pocket while the ogre was eating leftovers. Malicious Mickey looked over the rat's shoulder, placing his flippers on the table counter. 

"Looks like, someone's not so loathsome around (Y/N)..." Danny said as Leonard spat out some of the food, annoyed at the rat and electric eel.

"Bro, did you actually ask (Y/N) for their number?" Mickey asked as Leonard slumped in his seat.

"More like, they gave it to me."

"And, I guess you guys told them my name before I went over to their place for today." Leonard said lightly glaring at Danny's smirk.

"You're not one to start a conversation or willing to introduce yourself in a friendly manner. "

"However you seem to be a tiny bit happy getting that piece of paper..." Danny said as Leonard snatched the note back in his possession.

"I triple dog dare you to call them right now!" Mickey said as Leonard groaned ignoring his friend's suggestion.

But, the ogre wouldn't be lying, slowly developing a crush on (Y/N)...

_________________________________

Edited January 25, 2021

I'm definitely proud on how this turned out (only had to change the first draft once)

Leave comments and criticisms