40. Donnie X Female!DJ!Reader

Requested by LuckyJean_13 (for a friend)

"The last week of summer."

"And I get sick from a convention that I didn't even want to go to." (Y/N) said sneezing into a tissue as she threw it away in the trash can by living room couch.

The door knocks afterwards as one of her parents went to get the door for her.

"(Y/N)! Your friends are here to check on you!"

"I'm letting Mikey and Donnie in as I go out for today."

"I left tonight's dinner in the fridge."

"Bye!"

Her parent left as (Y/N) sank in the couch close to blushing.

She was looking forward to her new part time gig as a DJ at her uncle's club for teens her age. She even planned on confessing her feelings to Donnie there before then. She sighed as the two turtles wore their outfits (in the episode Al Be Back) with surgical masks sitting across from her.

"I hope you get better soon (Y/N)!"

"Donnie's going to livestream the event so you can see the fun in the comfort of your apartment!" Mikey said as she smiled.

"Thanks Mikey."

"Please-"

A cough briefly interrupts her not noting the sad look from Donnie's face.

"Stick to the recommended playlist and focus on that." (Y/N) said uttering a curse word under her breath.

"Don't worry (Y/N)!"

"I'll definitely keep a close eye on D!"

"And next time I'll bring one of my homemade soups regardless if you're sick or not." Mikey said now standing up with Donnie doing the same.

(Y/N) lets out another cough as she feebly sends a thumb up at the two before taking another nap.

Donnie's heart hurts witnessing a sick (Y/N) with an event she set her sights on.

Outside (Y/N)'s apartment, Mikey locked her door securely as Donnie was left with his thoughts.

The last time he was sick, (Y/N) tended to him when he collapsed from overworking himself. He laid his bed displeased at Raph's scoldings until (Y/N) brushed aside the large snapping turtle.

"(Y/N)! You'll get sick if you take care of him." Raph shouted.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes getting one of Donnie's rolling chairs as she sat in it while giving space to the sick turtle with a get well basket in her lap.

"You and possibly Leo will get sick with those attitudes.

"At least Mikey's helping me with the hot soup."

"I don't think a 'I told you so speech' will help the brains of the group recover faster Raphael.(Y/N) said as the oldest turtle folded his arms.

"Don't blame me if you or Mikey get sick." Raph said leaving the room unimpressed.

(Y/N) shrugged as she began to sort of the basket with stuff she needed while Donnie stared at her tinted pink.

He was thankful he didn't have the usual rat flu from his dad Splinter or there would have been a lot of awkward discussions from him.