159. ROTTMNT X Chubby!Reader: A Change in Clothing is Always Nice

Requested by Cantholdmenow

Warning: Insecure thoughts of negative body image

"Okay (Y/N), you can remove the eye mask now." Raph said as (Y/N) saw the turtles in front of them.

Inside a closed boutique store that slowly lit up as (Y/N) tensed their shoulders. Hating the sudden idea of trying out clothes that are not baggy and comfortable to wear.

One of Donnie's tech arms hovered above (Y/N) as the device held a new video game of their favorite series. Causing (Y/N) to slightly glare at Donnie as he begins to speak.

"This game can be yours if you're willing to comply to try the outfits we picked out for you." Donnie said as Leo added another comment.

"Just four outfits okay (Y/N)." Leo said pointing to Mikey carrying the hangers that covered the clothing with a fabric of the turtles' favorite color.

It didn't take long for (Y/N) to sigh, realizing the guys took the time to plan out the outfits over the usual night patrol. Mikey beamed with enthusiasm as (Y/N) took the hangers, heading to the nearest changing room. He helped out opening the door before leaving one last piece of advice.

"We went with the order orange, purple, blue, and red."

"Just to start with something close to your comfort level."

"So you don't feel intimidated by this surprise." Mikey said as (Y/N) nodded going inside and placed the other hangers on the seat then closed the door behind them.

After a few minutes, (Y/N) only had their undergarments on. Staring at their large figure reflecting in the changing mirror. Silently covering the stretch marks near their thighs and lightly pinching the large belly fat.

(Y/N) often wished they had a better figure but, felt scared to lose a certain amount of weight by themselves. It doesn't help that most people get the wrong idea and don't realize the person's feelings during this stressful process. Focusing more on suggestions than simple words of encouragement and helping along the way. They wiped away a few of their tears. Always tired of having this insecure feeling.

(Y/N) quickly changed into a bright orange printed t-shirt with a cartoon character and jade green a-line shorts paired with a white bow belt. Immediately opening the door, surprising the four turtles as (Y/N) looked at the ground still clutching on the handle.

"Its been a long time that I haven't tried new clothes."

"I guess I have a slight fear of mirrors..." (Y/N) said too afraid to look at their friends.

A wave of guilt fell on the three turtles except for Mikey who got up from his seat.

"I thought the white bow belt was a great fit to your sweet personality."

"Along with the cute animal mascot on the t-shirt." Mikey said showing the picture on his phone as (Y/N)'s eyes widen at the pretty accessories.

Causing (Y/N) to slowly relax waiting for another response.

"The outfit definitely looks like something out of a lighthearted magical girl anime."

"Mainly at casual wear before you have to fight off the monster of the week." Donnie said.

"And the bow can easily be their weapon to restrain the bad guy."

"I've seen (Y/N) throw a handbag at the thief's head and it knocked the guy out cold."