49. Donnie X Female!Reader: Chic Look

Requested by 15Queen35

One of the few times April made friends with a co worker, happened to be a girl two years younger than her named (Y/N). Even though April's job lasted two weeks, the two stayed friends and eventually became room mates the day after she got fired.

6 days later, (Y/N) was about to leave April's place for the evening until spotting four turtles breaking down the door. Then the group went with plan H hoping it works as April sighs embarrassed at her friends. After April introduced (Y/N) to the turtles, they got along just fine.

Except for one purple turtle who often believed she was too busy to hang out with his brothers. (Y/N) always wear formal attire of either a blouse in her (f/c) with a dark medium size skirt or a suit fitted with a pair of heels. He assumed the girl wasn't into the proper uniform as she light scratches her cheek with a half smile whenever she answers one of his brothers' questions before she heads out after another short hang out session.

One Saturday evening...

 "You guys ready for a sleep over!"

"Because I brought (Y/N) along on the all nighter!" April said as she drags (Y/N) over to the turtles.

(Y/N) waved hello wearing a loose fitting tank top and baggy pajama pants with a (f/a) backpack plushie.

"(Y/N), I thought your pajamas would be pretty."

"Like a nightdress." Mikey said.

"Or a robe." Leo said as (Y/N) laughs.

"I never thought you guys were the fashion police."

"I usually wear causal stuff at home when I have free time away from the family business."

"I mean there's still a strict dress code at the place but man almost everyone there is like a child at heart."

"Anyway enough about me, let's get this party started!" (Y/N) said while the others cheered as Donnie's eyes widen not expecting this outcome.

9 pm...

"So the cute type of handwriting is a way of rebelling against the tradition of the adult lifestyle..." Raph said still not getting the message as Mikey, Leo, and April groan while (Y/N) grins at him.

"Well Sanrio makes a living off of cute mascots..." 

"Another example would be the Teddy Bear Town you go for your teddy bears Raph."

"The only adult thing is the high prices on those cute plushies." (Y/N) said.

"I think I kind of get it."

"Thanks for the example (Y/N)!" Raph said as she gives a thumbs up sipping on her favorite soda. 

("Oh thank goodness it's over...") Leo whispered.

"Punk has different styles in other countries..."

"As long as someone can express themselves without harming others in the process.."

"It's an amazing thing that can bring people together." (Y/N) said as pillows get thrown at her while she now retaliates with her own at the three teens tired of her speech.

Raph shielded (Y/N) as she thanks him not noticing Donnie heading to the kitchen to get a refill of his drink.

Donnie didn't talk when (Y/N) appeared with April during the sleepover. He's still trying to piece together his previous assumptions about (Y/N) and today with her interactions around the others having some type of meaning. He almost gets a headache as he gulps down his drink. He was about to head back until recognizes her as she now has a messy hairstyle while she catches her breath from the pillow fight battle.

She waves her arm at Donnie with a smile surfacing on her face.

("Wait. Why is my heart beating fast..") Donnie thought to himself.

"You made the right decision getting a drink because it's kind of hectic over there."

"April won with long pillows strapped to her arms and your brothers surrendered after I left." (Y/N) said as Donnie snickers for a few seconds and now covers his mouth.

("Did she really have to do a head tilt as she's looking at me?!")

"I'm gonna check on the others now..."

"Good night though!" (Y/N) said as she left the him alone returning back to the living room.

("This is what you get for fully judging a person based on assumptions...") Donnie thought to himself hitting his head near the fridge for a few seconds until going back.

 Midnight...

The all nighter ended in a bust because of the intense pillow fight but (Y/N) and Donnie stayed awake despite a quiet atmosphere perfect to sleep in.

Donnie used his goggles to analyze the sudden movements in the night mode feature. He spotted (Y/N) using her phone as a flashlight while she adjusted the others' sleeping positions to more comfortable spots.

(Y/N) sat on the floor almost feeling the fatigue as she sighs. She wasn't sure how to approach Donnie since he wasn't as close to her along with removing his battle shell. She gets her plushie backpack in her arms about to doze off.

Donnie coughs getting her attention hoping the others didn't wake up from the noise.

(Y/N) takes her phone shining the phone on him as he winces. She speaks softly a sorry as the two head back to the kitchen.

Donnie remembered the spare night light in one of the drawers in case of a midnight snack or recovering from a nightmare as he plugs the device in the electrical socket.

When the light faintly illuminates the room, (Y/N) observes Donnie exhaling as he speaks. 

"I let my assumptions get the best of me."

"Since I hardly got to know the real (Y/N) until yesterday evening."

"I apologize for the any hostility like behavior, (Y/N)." Donnie said.

"You're a bit harsh on yourself Donnie."

"I never believe in the whole first impression thing."

"So don't beat yourself up about it."

"Friends?" (Y/N) said holding out her hand.

Donnie shook his head no saying something as he gripped on his purple bandana.

"I don't know how certain relationships work but,"

"Seeing glimpses of your real self..."

"I might be pushing it but I want to be mo-"

"More than friends..." (Y/N) said as she took his hands with a tender smile.

Donnie only placed his chin on top of her head as his reply along with latching on to her hands while she continues to smile.

_______________________________________________

Around 11 am...

The others saw (Y/N) in Donnie's arms as the couple continued to sleep with the two long pillows around them.

"Never really thought he had a crush on her until today." Raph said.

"For once, Donnie actually looks peaceful in his sleep." Leo said.

"But we really need to wake them up,"

"They missed breakfast!" Mikey whispered.

"Give the two another hour of sleep and if they don't wake up,"

"Then start getting large kitchen utensils for a rude awakening..." April said as Leo timed his phone waiting for that to happen as Mikey and Raph sighed not fond of that activity.

_______________________________________________

Originally typed on August 24-25, 2019; Edited on August 31, 2019

I shouldn't have taken this request but the prompt for this oneshot (so cute and creative as well!!!)

Leave comments or criticisms