81. Leo X Female!Babysitter!Reader

Requested by ohno_skateboardkid

Before the turtles head inside the turtle tank, Leo sees (Y/N) in the distance.

(Y/N) runs up to him in a pleading manner without saying his usual hello. 

"You have to help me babysit my little sister!"

"And please don't use your excuse of 'this whole situation'!" (Y/N) said as Leo calms her saying he'll do it.

After a brief good bye, Leo wears a blue hoodie creating a portal to (Y/N)'s apartment as the two teens leap into it.

Donnie calls April why (Y/N) didn't ask for their help.

April responds saying (Y/N)'s little sister is a bit vicious with her words. (She'll make a rude comment about Raph looking too scary, Donnie with his fake eyebrows, and Mikey with his tooth gap). She's almost out of the toddler stage but always asks a lot questions.

The boys felt fear for Leo, silently wishing him good luck.

At (Y/N)'s apartment, the little girl overhears the bumpy landing in the hallway and stares at Leo wearing casual wear.

"Is this your turtle boyfriend?" (S/N) said innocently as Leo turns white.

"(S/N)! Be nice! You made last month's babysitter cry with your rude comments!" (Y/N) said frowning at her sister.

(S/N) doesn't listen as she hops on to a chair proceeding to remove Leo's hoodie hat after seeing the bandana tails sticking out.

(Y/N) catches sight of her sister's actions stepping in front of Leo.

"No you don't-"

Leo quickly uses the remote to the living room tv causing (S/N) turn to her attention to a random cartoon. She heads over there losing interest at her previous task. While she's distracted, he pulls (Y/N) away for a quick side chat

"Usually, you being the serious one is funny but,"

"You two don't really get along, do you (Y/N)..." Leo said as (Y/N) looks away but responds back to him.

"Considering she's used to living with my dad on a daily routine."

"Along with the ongoing tensed atmosphere between my mom and him..." (Y/N) whispered as she holds her arm with slight sorrow on her face.

Leo was the only one aware of (Y/N)'s family and how stressful it is on the poor girl. On a surprise visit, he heard what seemed like loud shouts between two adults and saw (Y/N) blocking out the noise with her headphones sitting on the fire escape stairs. He felt pain seeing her tears running down her face. Instead of asking what's wrong, he tried his best to cheer her up shifting away from the family drama.

Slowly growing attached to her well being.

"Well since you asked for my help, I'll take charge for the night."

"You did say your dad was going to pick her up at midnight right?" Leo asked as (Y/N) nods.

 Leo sits on the couch as (S/N) continues to gaze at the bright screen.

"You haven't said a thing after watching this show."

"Can you tell me a bit about it?" Leo asked as (S/N) gasps shocked at the turtle unaware of the series.

10 pm...

(Y/N) struggles to stay awake observing the two having fun.

"Oh wait, (Y/N)!"

"Is there a specific bed time for (S/N) or just at random?" Leo asked.

"She'll eventually sleep from exhaustion..." (Y/N) said as (S/N) calls her sister a liar.

Leo tries something as he heads over to (Y/N)'s location.

"Why are you with the meanie?" (S/N) asked as Leo replies.

"It's not nice to call your sweet sister with those rude names."

"And she's usually my partner in crime when it comes to silly situations." Leo said.

"He's definitely your boyfriend." (S/N) said as (Y/N) pouts at her little sister with his arm around her shoulder.

The doorbell rings waking (Y/N) up as (S/N) sprints to the door now opening it.

Leo lets go of (Y/N) once he spots a serious man outfitted with a boring business suit as (S/N) hugs him. (Y/N)'s father hoists his small daughter on his right shoulder as he speaks glancing briefly at Leo then back to (Y/N).

"Your mother didn't say anything about bringing a friend over..."

"But I could see why since (Y/N) still clings on to help from others similar to her mother-"

Leo suppressed the glare on his face towards (Y/N)'s father. His legs begin to move forward canceling out the fear of his turtle appearance being revealed.

"Hey! Back off with scolding!"

"It's not any of my business."

"But if the adults actually took time to let their own daughters interact with one another,"

"Outside of the babysitting duty,"

"They would be good sisters if you and (Y/N)'s mom communicated in a way that does not involve,"

"Yelling or any form of trash talk!" Leo said nearly raising his voice.

The two sisters remained speechless by Leo's statement. (Y/N) holds back her tears gently yanking him away as her father sends a glare at Leo.

(S/N) hops off her father's shoulder, running after the teens as she attempts to hug both of them. (Y/N) only manages to squeeze her little sister's hand as Leo changes his stern expression to a more gentle one ruffling up her hair.

(S/N) goes back to hold her father's hand as he displays a stunned reaction while the two exit the apartment.

After a few minutes, (Y/N) gradually falls asleep on Leo's lap mumbling a thanks before she closes her eyes. Unaware of the soft stare on his face as he carefully holds her hand.

2 weeks later...

The atmosphere switched to a lighthearted one as the girls facetime with their phones. Adjusting much better like Leo assumed.

Leo recognized (Y/N) blushing as he looks over to notice (S/N) in overexcited gestures.

"Just sweep (Y/N) off her feet on a date!"

"Even our mom is rooting for you Leo!" (S/N) yelled as the mother cackled behind her daughter.

Leo snickers watching (Y/N) escaping out of the room ending the call abruptly. 

(Y/N) forgot about Leo's portal skills as he appeared following (S/N)'s instructions.

"I'll still dote on you the most,"

"And it's great your mom supports me doing so" Leo whispered near her ear as her blush covers her face not used to a flirtatious Leo.

____________________________________________________

Originally typed December 3, 2019; Edited December 11, 2019

Hopefully a flirty Leo at the end makes up for the tiny angst in this oneshot

Leave comments or criticisms