62. Mikey X Reader: Art Overload

(Y/N) carries their finished artwork on their back as they descend the sewer ladders close to the lair.

Mikey noticed them now running to their direction.

"Hey, (Y/N)! Long time no see!" Mikey said sending a smile towards them.

(Y/N) only manages a half smile and they respond.

"Same to you Mikey." (Y/N) said as they stepped on the ground now removing the artwork from their back to show him.

"Whoa!"

"This looks amazing (Y/N)!"

"I hope your art teacher likes it!" Mikey said as the half smile on (Y/N)'s face disappears.

"I dunno Mikey."

"I'm kind of mixed about this..." (Y/N) said as they breathed through their nose blocking out of the mini meltdown they experienced this Monday.

Mikey's face displayed concern as he recognized the blank expression on (Y/N)'s face.

"I only heard this from April but she saw you out of the art room for a few seconds,"

"She was about to ask until her classmates showed up for questions about something else."

"She told me about that in case you want to talk about it."

Mikey pauses for a few seconds until he resumes talking.

"If you're up to it..." Mikey said as he grabbed onto his arm.

"Thanks for asking Mikey."

"I really appreciate it and I'll tell the same for April when I see her next time." (Y/N) said as a grin resurfaces on Mikey's face. 

"No problem (Y/N)!"

"Just let me know when it gets too personal and I won't ask anymore." Mikey said.

The two teens stop at the arcade as they sit by the one of the gaming seats. 

(Y/N) takes a deep breath as they talk taking the controller in their hands.

"At first, I looked forward to explaining topics I've written down on a flashcard."

"I even asked my mom to help me as she read the words as a question." (Y/N) said as Mikey examined the screen displaying (Y/N)'s reflection.

(Y/N) usually kept to themselves but after almost a year, Mikey thought of them as a close friend eventually harboring a crush.

Moments where he sees (Y/N) in a melancholy mood, he wants to hug those feelings out of them. But he holds back considering boundaries between the two teens. He would be crushed if he ever upsets (Y/N) and thought it was best to take notes (sketches in his case) how to approach them. And so far, he's proud of his achievements but wishes to say his crush to them hoping they don't reject him.

Mikey's silent response caused (Y/N) to interrupt their conversation.

"Did something happen Mikey-"

"Nope! I sort of daydreamed for a bit."

"Sorry about that..." Mikey said as (Y/N) chuckled for a bit.

"It's fine, sometimes it helps." (Y/N) said as they sighed.

"Skipping to the start of Monday..."

"I just feel neutral after getting called out by my art teacher saying I didn't do the work when I clearly did..."

"She only listened to a classmate who mentioned miscommunication at the last minute last Friday and I got the credit back..."

(Y/N) gritted their teeth in anger averting their gaze from Mikey.

"And that art piece I showed to you,"

"I didn't want to work on it after it was already due last week..."

"All because this class was the first one not meeting the requirements..."

"So we had extra time of 40 minutes to work on this stupid assignment..." (Y/N) said as they put the controller back in its original place.

(Y/N) reclined their back to the chair shutting their eyes only expressing resentment but felt surprisingly better compared to that dreadful Monday.

Mikey's face displayed a mixture of rage and sadness but held back for the sake of his bestie.

"If that teacher ever gets bitten by an oozesquito,"

"She immediately gets a stern conversation with Dr. Delicate Touch!"

"The nerve on that woman!" Mikey said as (Y/N) chuckles.

"Surprisingly I thought of you after my classmate explained the situation."

"As my meltdown happened,"

"And I usually stay on those negative thoughts but the tears stopped flowing..."

"So thanks again Mikey..." (Y/N) said presenting a genuine smile to him.

Mikey froze as he turns pink holding tightly on the controller.

"I'll quickly head to the store getting a thank you slushie for you Mikey."

"My treat!" (Y/N) said winking at him as they got out of their seat going on a quick trip to the nearest convenience store.

The other brothers enter the arcade after (Y/N) leaves.

"So did you confess to (Y/N)?"

"Because your face is all pink-"

Mikey hides in his shell not responding to Raph's comment as he waits for (Y/N)'s return.

"I can feel the romance in the air..."

"Since (Y/N) had a bit of pep in their steps."

"Almost skipping to be precised..." Donnie said as Mikey glares at his older brother.

15 Minutes later... 

(Y/N) returns with the orange slushie noticing Mikey hiding in his shell as Leo scrolled through his phone bored by the conversation between Donnie and Raph.  

"Should I be aware of what's going on while I was gone for a bit?" (Y/N) asked.

"Nope! But I'll portal you guys out of here."

"Just so you don't hear any more dating suggestions." Leo said as he puts away his phone now grabbing his sword.

"Wait dating suggest-"

(Y/N) blushes as the portal interrupts them while Mikey reappears about to chase Leo and ends up bumping into (Y/N) by accident. The three teens exit out of the portal near a beach boardwalk that shows the halfway sunset.

Leo waves good bye as he exits the scene with a portal back to the lair leaving the two teens sitting on the sandy floor.

Mikey shakes his head thinking of a plan how to get back at his brothers until he recognized (Y/N) holding out the slowly melting slushie towards him. He mumbles a thanks taking the drink as he sips the cool beverage. 

(Y/N) locks their left arm with Mikey's right as the couple blushes in unison. Mikey huddles closer to them as they gaze into warm sunset.

Mikey didn't get to do the typical confession approach but he knows one thing. (Y/N)'s bright smile at him confirms they share mutual feelings for each other.

_________________________________________________

Originally typed October 30, 2019; Edited November 9, 2019

I used a terrible Monday I experienced that last week (I really feel better after typing this oneshot)

We all need a bundle of sunshine like Mikey in our lives

Leave comments or criticisms