161. Dastardly Danny X Reader: Before the Dine-in and During the Break-in

Author's Note: adding this reminder again just because Mud Dogs are implied to be around their early or mid 20s; the reader will be around that age (I'm still following the guidelines of this book so just expect my usual fluff and whatever)

Inside The Grand Nexus Hotel...

After receiving a client's order to steal back a priceless heirloom at an underground restaurant. Everything seemed in order except...

The reservation required two people to enter the establishment.

"It doesn't help that almost everyone here is on a boring business trip." Leonard said noting a few coworkers typing away on their laptops.

"And you know me, I can't really sit down for a long period of-"

The electric eel yokai paused as his electricity quickly created a neon like lightbulb above his head for a brief second

"Say Danny,"

"I lost track of how many times (Y/N) managed to get us out of trouble."

"And wouldn't it be better if you got to know them."

"While me and Leonard sneak by security and snatch the heirloom." Mickey said as the rat yokai tipped his hat, conflicted at the plan.

"Unless they say no, then we're ditching that-"

One of Danny's ears twitched hearing (Y/N)'s ringtone on his phone as he instantly picked up the call.

"Hey D, I'm at the hideout now and I have something that will really help out with tonight's heist."

After a few seconds, silence fell during the call as Danny froze unsure what to say.

"Uh... Danny are you there-"

"Oh! that's great news (Y/N)!"

"Me and the boys were just reading over the client's order one last time."

"We'll be over there before you can say, 'which wristwatches are swiss wristwatches'!" Danny said as (Y/N) replied with an okay ending the call.

Danny pinched the bridge of his nose with a sigh.

"You two better wipe those smug grins off your face once we meet up with (Y/N)..." Danny said hearing the guys trying not to crack up at him.

"We'll try but, the way you ended that conversation with a tongue twister."

"Man Danny, your crush on (Y/N) never gets old!" Leonard said as Mickey fell off his chair with a hearty laugh.

Timeskip to the Mud Dogs' hideout...

After Danny explained the current situation, (Y/N) nodded taking out one of the two lapel pins from a glassless jewelry box. Putting on the accessory, as the hoodie's color changed into the exact pigment of Danny's purple zoot suit.

"I couldn't get the other two pins but, it should be here by the end of this week."

"Apparently, blue and orange are the popular colors at the moment." (Y/N) said as Leonard spoke up.

"Thanks (Y/N) but, since the heist is in a few hours and you're going with this plan."

"You cool with borrowing Daniel's clothes?"

"He's better at keeping the fancy attire all prim and proper." Leonard said.

"Sure, I'm fine with that!" (Y/N) said blissfully unaware of Danny internally screaming with a blushing face.