82. Donnie X Female!SoftshellTurtleMutant!Reader

Requested by Skyler_Power696 

Donnie still not fully awake gets a call from his girlfriend (Y/N).

"I usually don't do calls on the phone but,"

"After saving one softshell turtle back to a proper pond,"

"I didn't notice the oozesquito transformation before the little guy swam off..." (Y/N) said as Donnie equips his battle shell telling her to stay there, now heading to her location.

Almost close to four weeks...

(Y/N) still held her high-strung and carefree attitude. Which distressed Donnie immensely.

April helped out, confronting (Y/N)'s parents about the sudden news. Despite her new appearance, they still acknowledged (Y/N) as their hyperactive daughter.

In a phone call with Splinter, he reassures the parents that (Y/N) is in good protection and will look after her with his sons also partaking in that role as well. Splinter even cracks a joke mentioning one of his sons being the same type of turtle which eased a bit of worry for both parents starting to chuckle as they spoke.

"At least you don't have to worry about the whole meeting my parents thingy." (Y/N) said blissful unaware of the deeper subject meaning as Donnie blushes hiding half of his head back in his shell.

Moments where Donnie forgot to recharge his weapon and other unfortunate incidents increased his overprotective level nearly matching Raph's. But (Y/N) ends up saving him in the end with minor injuries as he tends to them tiredly scolding at her.

After seeing Donnie trying to calm her down on a daily basis, the trio smirked with their own suggestions as he ignored them at any mention of pda.

And yet he feels bad that (Y/N) always initiate the said pda vibes whether it be (surprise hugs, nuzzling his neck, and hand holding).

He huffs out tinted pink slightly ashamed of himself. Not fulfilling the parts of the boyfriend role.

During a pillow fort sleep over, everyone fell asleep except for him as (Y/N) slept on his lap. Surprisingly she doesn't move around in her sleep, opposite of her usual personality. Which causes his eyes to shine reminding how cute she is.

3 days later...

(Y/N) found a (f/c) gemstone that copies a weapon's ability for a day.

And Leo's odachi sword became of victim of it.

(Y/N) ended up traveling to three separate dimensions with the (f/c) portals still intact as the six teens split up trying to find her.

Donnie and Leo spotted (Y/N) with the duplicate sword equipped to her waist as she played with a yokai child.

("Dude I think that's a ghost one because of the wisp like tail...")

("How are you going to get her out of this?") Leo asked as his brother blushes heading to (Y/N)'s direction with an idea of his own.

The child hides behind her as (Y/N) lights up seeing her boyfriend.

Before she could introduce the kid, Donnie shuts her up with a kiss lasting only a few seconds then pulls away barely keeping his composure. 

"B-babe, you're kind of at a 15 than your usual 7,"

"Can you maybe set it down to a 4, please?" Donnie asked disregarding Leo nearly throwing up in the background.

The yokai child blinks as the three teens disappear back to the lair with others returning as well.

(Y/N) fully blushes as she begins to hide in her shell.

The others stare in shock while Donnie covers his mouth.

After a while he goes to Splinter for advice explaining the current situation. Splinter sighs shaking his head as he spoke.

"No wonder it's been unusually quiet this afternoon."

"Along with that being out of your comfort level for that level of pda." Splinter said.

"Like I had any other options!?"

"I really hope she doesn't hate-"

"Overthinking again purple one..."

"And no way would she ever hate her boyfriend doing a stunt like that."

"Even though you should have asked before but, that's not the case for this situation."

"Just talk to her Donatello..." Splinter said patting his battle shell as Donnie takes a deep breath heading to his lab.

(Y/N) still hid in her shell residing on his bed as he sits by her. She moves around slightly but starts to speak.

"I-I think that was our first k-kiss!" (Y/N) stuttered causing Donnie to blink.

"Wait... Did you actually kiss me before the oozesquito stung you?" Donnie asked.

(Y/N) angrily pouts for a few seconds as she emerges out of her hiding place.

"I was planning to kiss you after returning the regular sized softshell turtle."

"But with that oozesquito bite, I just had dreams of you kissing me."

"So that thought went away until now."

"Recalling a lot of dreams and some..."

(Y/N) didn't add on to that comment as her face covered in blush remembering a few intense make out sessions not safe for work.

Donnie didn't want her to faint so he changes the topic.

"So you're not upset by the surprise kiss..." Donnie asked.

(Y/N) hummed with the blush in a lighter tone.

"I don't like associating numbers with my level of energy but besides that,"

"I'm willing to experiment some of the kissing techniques I saw from my dreams"

"If you're interested-"

Donnie covers his head with a pillow not speaking to his girlfriend as (Y/N) giggles stopping the conversation for today.

The next day...

(Y/N) went over to April's place letting her boyfriend take a breather from yesterday's events.

Donnie laid on his skateboard close to taking a nap until he heard his brothers talking.

"I feel like (Y/N) has another trick ever, since Donnie kissed her."

"And she might be planning it over at April's place." Mikey said.

"You could say that since she's been going to the Mystic Library lately."

"She checked out a few books and that's all I know." Leo said.

"Plus, (Y/N) tends to do her own thing."

"Hopefully that doesn't mean anything." Raph said innocently as Donnie glides back to his lab with the skateboard on his plastron while the trio went in a different direction.

A mix of unease and excitement stirred in this turtle's mind as he works on another blueprint.

_________________________________________________

Originally typed November 26, 2019; Edited December 12, 2019

Almost got stuck after the kissing scene; also credit to the requester because what Donnie said in the prompt is gold (but I had to change some of it; I'm still getting a grasp on those types of nicknames hence another reason why I used it)

Leave comments or criticisms