22. Donnie X Female!CountryGirl!Reader

Requested by LuckyJean_13 (2/4)

(Some slight cowfolk dialect but not too much)

(Y/N) accidentally bumped into a person and nearly dropped her phone as the two teens fall down.

"Sorry city-slicker!"

"I've been trying to find my folks who went ahead taking a bus."

"Leaving me behind while I was too busy searchin about yokai whereabouts in this city." (Y/N) said as she got up in her cowgirl attire holding her hand towards Donnie.

Donnie stood up on his own wearing his purple hoodie.

"Ah New York! What a town." Donnie said to himself.

"Pardon?" (Y/N) said raising her eyebrow confused at the purple individual.

"Wait. Yokai whereabouts?"

"I thought you cowfolk are into the country life with horses and other western stuff." Donnie said.

(Y/N) glared at him placing her hands at her hip.

"Not all the time!"

"Besides, I got into the yokai stuff because of a series that pokes fun at it instead of just having one tiny area that screams cowboy land and that junk."

"Not naming the popular franchise but."

"Ooo! It gets my blood boiling with how whiny the fans are not trying a different monster game." (Y/N) said folding their arms.

"Uh. Sorry. I think?"

"No but seriously."

"You shouldn't poke around the actual yokai stuff." Donnie said.

"Oh sure! It really sounds like you know about it though.." (Y/N) said almost close to Donnie's space bubble.

"Personal space please!" Donnie yelled as he felt his shell back toward a wall.

(Y/N) noticed that the stranger had green skin and kind of looked cute after backing off.

"Thank you!" Donnie sighed.

(Y/N) hummed as a response before lightly scratching her right boot with the other before talking once again.

"Name's (Y/N)!"

"And your name is!" (Y/N) said as she put her hands in her pockets.

"Donatello. Donnie's more convenient." Donnie said.

____________________________________________________

Wandering around a busy street at 2 pm...

Donnie studied the GPS directions on (Y/N)'s phone while (Y/N) followed behind him. He took a seat at a nearby cafe frustrated giving the phone back to (Y/N).

"Who wrote down these directions..." Donnie said rubbing his forehead annoyed.

"Eeeyyeah.. My parents are the old fashioned type when it comes to directions..."

"They both word things differently.."

"And still I don't get it..." (Y/N) said tipping her hat down embarrassed.

"Great.. Just great..." Donnie muttered under his breath.

(Y/N) didn't want her new friend upset trying to help her and thought of an idea.

"I don't mind a couple of hours of you showing me around."

"This town you once recalled New York.." (Y/N) said attempting to cheer up the turtle.