78. Donnie X Reader: Wholeheartedly Authenticity

Requested by PancakesYum2

"What's with the present Donnie?"

"Today isn't my birthday." (Y/N) said checking the neatly wrapped purple box.

"Well, it doesn't haven't to be a special occasion but."

"Just open it and see." Donnie said as (Y/N) removes the gift wrap and opens the box.

Out appears a turtle nendoroid like robot as it's eyes lit up in (f/c) looking at (Y/N).

"I-it's not going to blow on me right Donnie..." (Y/N) asked.

Donnie's excited expression went away, slightly upset by his crush's assumption but, kept calm afterwards.

"There's an instruction manual in the box and Mikey helped illustrate the visual details."

"You don't like-"

"No no, it's a sweet gift!"

"I'm just afraid if my parents find out that it's not a figurine,"

"I might get grounded for a while..."

"I'll still keep it though!"

"Since you took the time to make this, so thanks!" (Y/N) said placing the robot back in the box.

After a while, his brothers felt an uneasy atmosphere between the two teens. And once (Y/N) left the lair, Donnie retreated back to his lab contemplating about the gift he made for (Y/N). Mikey checks on him seeing the purple turtle almost curled up in his bed still hurt by (Y/N)'s comments.

"So they didn't like the gift?" Mikey asked as his older brother shrugs.

"Don't know Michael..."

"Considering they know about my usual fixes..." Donnie said close to hiding in his blanket.

"Should I-"

"Please don't use your alter ego on (Y/N)..."

"I'll make frequent once a week visits to their place."

"Just so they won't be responsible of any damages caused by my gift." Donnie said as Mikey nods now exiting his brother's room.

Donnie ends up taking a nap afterwards, skipping lunch as the time reads 5 pm.

He focused on another task to keep his mind off of today's events. Looking forward to next week of those once a week visits

Time skip to that fateful day...

After locking (Y/N)'s bedroom window, he heads to the door peeking behind it.

He hears an older woman's voice calling out to (Y/N).

"I guess that's their mom-"

Donnie blushes full pink just as (Y/N) bolts out of the bathroom wearing new pajama pants and towel around their chest.

He holds his head mentally saying "Concentrate on the words right now!!!"

(Y/N) frantically stutters trying to explain about the tiny flying robot. But (Y/N)'s mother holds out her hand as the robotic turtle lands safely with the whisk broom and dust pan in its hands.

"I was wondering why the place was so clean."

"You should learn from this turtle since you only do a few chores." (Y/N)'s mom said as a sweatdrop appears on (Y/N)'s forehead.

("At least this year, I know how to do the laundry for my bed.")

("And putting it back together too.") (Y/N) muttered returning to the bathroom.

Donnie sighed afterwards as he closes the door now escaping through the same exit.

When (Y/N) wrapped the towel around their hair, they realized Donnie was definitely hurt by their comments going straight to the point of his usual mechanic mishaps.

They stepped out just as the tiny robotic companion flew back to their room to recharge.

Something stops (Y/N)'s door as it makes a sound. (Y/N) crouches spotting a wrench with a purple note saying 'If discarded, please return at this precise manhole cover, no questions asked'.

(Y/N) frowns placing their friend's wrench in their bag then changes out of their pajamas into something decent.

Their assignments can wait as they locked their bedroom window carrying the bag going to the lair.

Time Skip to the lair...

Donnie nearly exits his lab going back to retrieve his wrench at (Y/N)'s bedroom until he stopped seeing (Y/N) looking at him as they hold out the missing object with a sad expression.

"You could have just said you were upset on why I didn't like the robot at first..."

"Even your brothers noticed how I acted like a jerk switching to a different conversation..."

"Sorry Donnie..." (Y/N) said as Donnie takes his wrench back.

"Apology somewhat accepted..." Donnie said as (Y/N) winced detecting a sort of favor the turtle wants.

The next day, (Y/N) wore a traditional maid uniform with the robotic turtle companion wearing a cosplay version of it.

"Those two always cycle back and forth with the apology favors." Raph said.

"Quick question, Mikey."

"Did you and Donnie constantly argue about the maid outfit differences?" Leo asked remembering one squabble between the two brothers with him not getting a wink of sleep that night.

Donnie slowly walks out of the living room as he listens to Leo's question. Mikey blank stares at the purple turtle as he does a shushing gesture. Mikey raises his voice just enough for (Y/N) to hear as they learn how to make tea from Splinter now pouring their first batch into a cup.

"Donnie was gonna go with the traditional one for the robot so (Y/N) could wear the cosplay version of it..."

"And the girls still have the spare outfit..." Mikey said not caring about being a snitch this time.

Splinter held the teapot seeing an intense stare from (Y/N).

"You got five minutes Donatello!" Splinter shouted as his son ran out climbing up the sewer ladders.

April removes the manhole cover as Donnie hops out of the hole running past his two friends without a casual hello.

Sunita spots (Y/N) with their hand close to a claw form as she hugs her friend squealing at the cute outfit.

(Y/N) loosens their sharp gaze surprised by the hug as April snickers.

"To be honest (Y/N),"

"Donnie would have been a blushing mess if you wore the other one,"

"Like he was close to a nosebleed covering his snout."

"Seeing the adorable knee-socks pairing with the skort."

"We had to step in, siding with Mikey on the traditional attire." April said.

"Otherwise, I don't think he could keep his eyes off other-"

(Y/N) covered their ears blocking out another one of the suggestive comments as the girls continued to talk.

_________________________________________________

Finished around December 4, 2019; Edited December 7, 2019

I nearly struggled on this one but sometimes suggestive thoughts around the PG-13 level help a lot (heh)

Leave comments or criticisms