132. Mikey X Female!RainbowBoaMutant!Reader

Requested by Lordexplosionmrder

In the lair...

(Y/N) gave up trying to removing the old skin still stuck on her forearms. She really wished the shedding process happened around six weeks instead of three. As she exits the bathroom, Mikey walk towards her, carrying his sketchbook.

"(Y/N)! I just finished my sketchbook!"

"You wanna take a sneak peek before I show this to others?" Mikey asked holding the sketchbook out to her.

"Um... sure." (Y/N) said.

After a few seconds, (Y/N) grips onto the sketchbook and looks at her scales.

"I still can't believe it's been three months since I got bit an oozesquito..." (Y/N) said in a somber tone as Mikey frowned.

Flashback

During the first week of her new appearance, (Y/N) stayed with the turtles. She focused on other tasks in the lair, trying to suppress the negative stigma at snakes and it's other variations.

By the time she had to shed her skin for the first time, the girls were happy to help out while the turtles were out and about. With a break from the regular night patrol.

After a couple of hours, the guys noticed (Y/N) slightly embarrassed by the girls' compliments as April yanked the guys to where (Y/N) was seating.

Donnie was almost too close to (Y/N)'s personal space as he spoke.

"So that's why herptologists called this particular boa, a rainbow one."

"Because after shedding the old skin," 

"The new scales reflect the light in a rainbow like hue." Donnie said now stepping back as the brothers nodded, seeing the scales at a certain angle.

Mikey felt inspired seeing (Y/N)'s scales radiate in such a bright way but, her fake smile expressed the opposite. Still getting used to this whole situation and a bit afraid of something else.

He decided not to bring it up while the atmosphere was still light hearted.

It didn't help that sudden interruptions prevented him from asking the question. If she was actually okay.

Near the end of the month, Mikey thought of an idea to fill up one of his smaller sketchbooks with the colored sketches of her scales, in hopes to cheer her up.

As time progressed into the second month, he was nearly flustered after wrapping up one of the drawings. Really wanting to see a geniune smile from (Y/N) as he laid on his hammock bed, feeling the blush on his face.

Flashback End

(Y/N) finally noticed the silence in the air and recognized Mikey's sad expression.

"O-oh! Sorry about that..." (Y/N) said as she quickly opened the first page.

Her eyes widen realizing that the drawing displayed her scales after the first week of shedding. Mikey ignored the anxious thoughts as the pages were flipped through, in a fast yet careful manner until stopping at the last page. She held onto the sketchbook now looking directly at Mikey.

"Wait... Why are all the drawings referencing my scales?" (Y/N) asked as Mikey gulped.

"I couldn't really ask you if you were okay while everyone was complimenting on your scales..."

"And if I did, the others would easily get worried..."

"So instead, the artist in me decided to cheer up (Y/N)!" Mikey said as (Y/N) hugged the sketchbook tightly.

"You're not afraid of me being a snake mutant..." (Y/N) said as Mikey sent a reassuring grin as he hid his arms behind his shell.

"(Y/N), you're still the kind hearted girl towards a lot of reptiles."

"Especially, saving that one rainbow boa from a bunch of bullies..."

"And..."

Mikey let out a sigh as his flushed face turned into a deeper pink.

"It didn't feel right to draw a smile on the drawings of you..."

"While you were still getting used to this whole situation..." Mikey said hearing his own heartbeat as he saw (Y/N) with tears of joy on her face.

Now showing a sincere grin he missed so much as she goes over to hug him.

After the heartfelt hug, she grabs his hand while carrying the sketchbook under her arm.

"Let's go Mikey!"

"You wanted to show the others about the drawings, right." (Y/N) said as the turtle nodded, almost stumbling on his words

(Y/N) leaded the way out of the lair as Mikey's blushing face stayed throughout the whole night.

A few weeks later: 9 pm near a playground...

Mikey tried to find (Y/N) during a hide and seek game. He sat by the edge of the sandbox, thinking where else (Y/N) could be hiding. As she slither in a stealth like manner right behind him.

"Got you!" Mikey said now turning around and pointed at (Y/N) as she hid her body back into the sand.

She blep her tongue at him in a happy manner.

"You still have a bit of grey paint on your shell."

"When you won yesterday's match,"

"Disguising yourself as a rock. With some bush like features." (Y/N) said as Mikey snickered.

"What can I say." 

"My art skills create the creative camouflage!"

"Although, kudos on holding your breath underneath the sand." Mikey complimented as (Y/N) blushed, closing her eyes with a soft smile.

"Not to interrupt the lovely conversation but,"

"We need to head back to the lair." Donnie said as Mikey sent a slight glare at his older brother.

"Just because, I lost track of the time while going out with (Y/N)."

"Doesn't mean, it will happen all the time." Mikey said as (Y/N) sweatdropped.

"Mikey, we kind of forgot to bring the stack of pizzas from last week."

"And Leo was able to help us out since he's buddies with Señor Hueso." (Y/N) said as she looked at Mikey with guilty eyes.

Mikey sighed admitting defeat as the couple followed the purple turtle.

After arriving back at the lair...

When the couple was finally alone, Mikey loosen up mentioning he can't stay mad at (Y/N), giving her a reassuring hug.

Although, (Y/N) knew under that sweet gesture, he was planning a payback prank as his brothers noticing a mischievous glimmer in his eyes.

____________________________

Edited June 13, 2020

Leave comments or criticisms