92. Leo X Chubby!Female!Reader

Requested by nycmariajose17

April sends a video to Leo, on her break from her pet store job.

(Y/N) struggles trying to get a ton of kittens off her lap as she shouts at April to help her.

"Look on the bright side (Y/N)!"

"The kittens stay nice and warm and-"

April and Sunita happily scream when one of older cats sat on (Y/N)'s shoulder, licking her face.

Leo paused the video before it ended, with a thought 'if (Y/N) had a superpower: it's too much cuteness' as he held his knees to his plastron turning pink.

Ever since the girls introduced (Y/N) to the guys, all the turtles strive to see (Y/N), to be more positive about her weight.

Leo slowly gained a crush on her when he was the only turtle not to mention her weight. Gradually taking an interest, listening to her talk after starting one of his ice breakers.

However, at the most inconvenient times, Mikey always snatches her away, not even realizing that he's doing it (or what Leo's jealousy thinks it is).

Splinter coined the term Baking Buddies at the two teens, often being the self proclaimed judge for food tasting as his son groans while (Y/N) snickers.

Leo wasn't sure what to do but hates feeling jealous whenever he catches himself, glaring at his youngest brother.

One Saturday afternoon...

Leo couldn't think of any hang out activity with (Y/N), slightly drained of his recent jealous glare. Someone taps his shoulder as he looks over, recognizing (Y/N) waving hello to him.

Leo falls out of his chair only for (Y/N) to catch his hands, saving a more clumsier plunge than his usual ones. He spots the reusable shopping bags as he speaks.

"I thought Mikey was going with you." Leo said as he readjusts himself on the seat.

"There's kind of a brawl with him and his dad."

"His Dr Delicate Touch persona just appeared after I left the kitchen."

"And-"

(Y/N) points to the intense jenga game as Donnie tries to remove the piece from the wobbly tower while Raph watches in horror. The girls crouch staring at the purple turtle hoping he slips up. Leo and (Y/N) sighed in unison at the group.

After Leo changed into a well fitting outfit, the two teens portal to a supermarket (Y/N) is well familiar with as she gets a shopping cart placing the bags inside. Leo follows beside her as they enter the building.

"I don't want to be nosy but,"

"Is there a special occasion with what you're making?" Leo asked.

"I lost a bet to Mikey just before Splinter barged in the kitchen."

"Mikey was definitely ticked off seeing his dad and held a fake smile as the two held a civil conversation." (Y/N) said.

"Any thoughts on what it might be?" Leo asked.

"Either Mikey's fed up with his dad, showing up unannounced."

"Or not explaining the bet in full details." (Y/N) answered.

Halfway getting the ingredients, Leo stopped by the party decorations section wearing a few silly ones making his crush giggle. The giggles continued back at him when (Y/N) said at least four food puns holding the said items in her hands.