114. Raph X Female!Blind!Reader

Requested by WhatTheActualTycoon

Physical Abuse warning for the reader's backstory in this oneshot

Raph wore his red hoodie and finally found the room to the computer lab in April's high school, carrying a backpack filled with her assignments. However, he spotted the leader of the Purple Dragons, picking on a girl who clutched the laptop near her chest. Not willing to give up the borrowed device towards the dangerous teen hacker group. Raph stepped in time before Kendra could grab the laptop by force, causing her to nearly trip as she saw the large turtle with a slight glare at her.

"Shouldn't you catch up on your assignments..."

"Since Donnie mentioned, you guys used to be on house arrest for breaking into that one tech vault." Raph said as Kendra scoffed returning to her tech club.

Before (Y/N) could thank the kind stranger, one of her classmates rushed over as the guy constantly repeated a lot of apologies at her. (And one of the few concerned individuals at her well being.)

The guy didn't seem scared of Raph's appearance as he thanked the big guy for saving (Y/N) while she gives back the laptop to her friend.

"Normally I don't ask a stranger to help out but, you were kind towards (Y/N) while I was away for a few minutes."

"I don't think I'll be able to drop (Y/N) at her place but-"

Raph got the gist of the friendly classmate's tone as the turtle smiled.

"I got ya covered and I'll be happy to help out!"

"Gotta stand up against those bullies!"

"Is there anything else I need to know about?" Raph asked as the classmate briefly mentioned the other details while (Y/N) felt a glimmer of hope throughout the entire day.

Timeskip to after school...

Raph felt bad for his new friend but, refrained on bringing up the topic of her blindness. Hearing (F/N) almost getting mad about (Y/N)'s father, throwing boiling water into her face when she was little and other unfortunate incidents. Raph and him shared the discussion before the last class of day while (Y/N) was in a separate classroom. The turtle almost became trapped in his own thoughts, noticing the scars near her face until (Y/N) grabbed his attention, holding tightly to his arm.

"I know I already said my thanks but, still thank you."

"I'm slowly getting better, knowing there's good people like you and (F/N)."

"And I might have eavesdropped that one conversation you two had before the bell rang..."

"I got an unexpected hug from another classmate who also overheard it."

"Before we went back to class but, please don't tell (F/N) that I heard the conversation..." (Y/N) pleaded.

Raph loosened up as he told her not to worry as the teens head to (Y/N)'s apartment.

2 weeks later...

(Y/N)'s uncle used to be worried around the large turtle but, eventually saw past Raph's appearance, seeing how gentle he is with (Y/N).

Raph froze with blush on his face as the girl slept on his shoulder while her uncle entered the living room with an amused reaction.

"I appreciate the weekly visits of you checking in on (Y/N)."

"And I'm pretty sure she would say the same thing."

Her uncle let out a content sigh as he continued to talk.

"I haven't seen her this happy in a long time..."

"Since she talks about you and your brothers' shenanigans whenever she hangs out at your place."

"Keep this up and you'll get my blessing to date her." (Y/N)'s uncle chuckled just as (Y/N) slowly woke up, hearing the hearty laughter as the older man left for work.

"Did my uncle say something, Raph?" (Y/N) asked as she sat up, rubbing her forehead after taking another unexpected nap.

"Uh, he's okay with my whole situation now."

"Since I stop by your place, more frequently before the night patrols start..." Raph said as his face heats up thinking about the last statement her uncle said.

(Y/N) breathed through her nose trying to hold on to her composure.

"That's good because last week I sort of had an argument with him."

"Like he's always overprotective ever since bad luck seems to follow me where ever I go."

"Especially towards new people."

"And sometimes a bit stubborn as well..." (Y/N) said stopping herself before she gets agitated, remembering the unpleasant argument.

Raph comforted the girl shifting the conversation to a lighter tone.

"Luckily, he grew out of the 'judge a book by it's cover'."

"Or shell in my case." Raph said as (Y/N) snickered.

After an hour, Raph was about to exit near (Y/N)'s bedroom window until Mikey and Leo appeared.

Raph spoke up not wanting to leave out (Y/N) as he calls out to them.

"Any reason you guys are here?" Raph asked as Mikey eagerly replied.

"April needed Donnie's help on another coding assignment."

"So Donnie couldn't show up today but, we decided to visit (Y/N)."

"Knowing that, Raph might eventually skip out on the night patrols." Mikey said with a carefree smile, slightly hinting his oldest brother's crush on (Y/N).

"I don't think Raph would really do that." (Y/N) said with concern in her voice but hesitated to question the brothers.

Leo interrupted Mikey as he fake coughed.

"Good thing the girls guided you home, (Y/N) because," Leo said as he sat near the window sill.

"Raph immediately blushed seeing your smile."

"Almost frozen stiff until Mikey and Donnie started to tease him."

"Just wanted to let you know since you're worried about the big guy." Leo said as he looked out the window, beginning to watch the bustling neighborhood.

Raph rubbed his neck but, relaxed after hearing (Y/N) giggle, acknowledging his crush on her as she affectionately held onto his hand.

__________________________________

Edited March 30, 2020

I was supposed to upload this yesterday but I took a break from my assignments (gonna wing my other exam that's due today [I only read up to chapter 9 but hey it's better than none; considering this sudden change to online classes])

I couldn't really add the full angst from the prompt so hopefully this will suffice  

 Leave comments or criticisms