151. Raph X Baker!Reader

Requested by Wubdubs

Around late evening near the end of the night patrol at a rooftop building...

The scent of baked goods distracted Raph on his way back to the lair. He spots someone riding an electric moped that carried the paper bags filled with fresh food, going in the opposite direction. He accidentally loses his balance on the rooftop building, falling on his face and crashed near the trash cans. The loud sound stopped the vehicle, prompting a person to investigate the scenem lightly pushing the device into the alleyway.

Raph immediately hides behind the dented trash can. Using it as a hidden shadow and closes his eyes as the individual speaks up.

"I can see you."

"Uh...No you can't!"

"I dealt with rude customers who are more scarier compared to you. I'm the only one here so your secret is safe with me."

Raph got up from his hiding place.

"Hey! I'm not that scar-y...uh..." 

Raph stopped speaking, noticing the trash can finally landing on the ground as (Y/N) continued the conversation, not scared of the large snapping turtle.

"Why were you trying to hide from me?" (Y/N) asked as Raph rubbed his neck.

"Most humans wouldn't approach a large mutant turtle."

"And I got distracted by the fresh food you were carrying in your bike."

"Accidentally doing the opposite of a stealthy ninja."

"Falling and smashing into a garbage pile..." Raph said as (Y/N) searched through their bag for a mini portable freezer, taking an ice pack out of it and handing the cold bag to him.

"You can borrow this for a few days and..."

(Y/N) gave him a basket containing chocolate chip cookies along with a business card, listing details and the address of the bakery they work at.

"By the way, I'm (Y/N). You can pay me back when you see me there." (Y/N) said as they drove off.

3 days later and 2 hours before closing time...

Raph saw a few yokai and mutants exiting the bakery. Thankful, those were the last customers restoring the slow day atmosphere as (Y/N) lazily sat behind the counter. They waved at Raph just as he entered the building. Returning the basket filled with an ice pack he borrowed from them.

"I ended up using the ice pack for my brothers when they were still sick."

"But, they're better now. Eating most of the cookies after I left the lair." Raph said giving the exact change as (Y/N) smiled.

"Awww, hopefully you had a few cookies for yourself."

"You know how siblings act when it comes to sharing snacks." (Y/N) said.

"Don't worry, I did."

"And my pops managed to sneak one while I wasn't looking."

"So, it wouldn't be a surprise that most of the cookies will be gone, by the time I head back home." Raph said as (Y/N) got out of their seat.

"Sweets are the best with the people you're comfortable with."

"Family, friends, or even as a special award for getting through the day." (Y/N) said as Raph nodded in agreement.

"Me and my brothers tried recreating the recipe from your cookies but,"

"It ended up burning to a crisp when we forgot to check on it..." Raph said as (Y/N) chuckled.

"I'm free tomorrow so I can give some pointers on the recipe."

"Does late afternoon sound good?" (Y/N) asked as Raph felt a bit of blush on his face.

"Y-yep! Also a good thing that there's no night patrol as well!" Raph said placing his hands on his hips in a confident pose to hide the sudden stutter in his voice.

The next day near 6 pm at the lair...

(Y/N) studied the picture of the cookie dough. Eight pieces before yesterday's failed batch scorched to crumbling bits.

"If the cookies turned out okay, it would looked like 'everything mixed together at once'."

"I didn't see the bits of chocolate either but, its easy to fix that step with the extra chocolate chips I brought with me."

"However, you guys did great though. And the secret to this recipe includes chilling the cookies up to 24 hours." (Y/N) said as they started setting up the ingredients.

1 hour later...

After cleaning up the kitchen, the other three turtles head out. Slightly bored of having to wait for the cookies for another tomorrow. But, the trio kept an eye on their dad when (Y/N) said, Splinter might pose as a possible challenge and suggested it as undercover ninja training.

(Y/N) held onto the container packed with freshly made cookies while Raph searched for the best hiding spot in the refrigerator.

"Any luck Raph?" (Y/N) asked as Raph sighed.

"The last time I wrote 'DO NOT EAT' on a batch of poison pizza puffs,"

"My brothers thought, I was keeping it to myself."

"Also, it might be too suspicious to hide the cookies behind one of Mikey's veggie leftovers." Raph said as (Y/N) placed the container on the kitchen counter.

"I'll write the note then."

"After all, I'll be taste testing one of the cookies that you guys made, on the second try."

"And I'm definitely looking forward to try it." (Y/N) said as they wrote large letters on the sticky note.

After 24 hours...

A grin appeared on (Y/N)'s face, delighted by the savory cookie.

"A lot of love were put into these and not to change the subject but,"

"There's an event happening next week."

"I sort of need the extra help-"

Leo interrupted the conversation with a sure, adding on to the suggestion of...

"Me, April, and Donnie can cover the delivery duty while,"

"You, Raph, and Mikey handle the baking stuff."

"Also,"

Leo threw a see-through container that held dinosaur cookie cutters as (Y/N) caught the box.

"Raph thought of the dinosaur shaped cookies. So, ask him about that." Leo said as Raph blushed, being put on the spotlight while (Y/N) looked right at him.

(Y/N) giggled as Raph went into detail about the idea.

And on the day of making those cookies for the event, the two teens share a closer bond while Mikey updated the others about the soon to be couple in a discreet manner.

__________________________

Edited September 13, 2020

I sort of changed part of the dialogue from the original prompt but other that an okay oneshot none the less

Leave comments or criticisms