109. Leo X Reader: Enamored Feelings

Requested by xXXHarmoniaXXx

(Y/N) decided to visit the turtles during the night patrols. They notice the light blue turtle in the distance, by himself still occupied with his thoughts. And unusually silent, compared to his laid-back attitude. (Y/N) called out to him as he looked at his friend, heading towards his direction.

Leo fake smiled in an attempt to cover his gloomy mood as (Y/N) speaks.

"Out on another solo mission, Leo?" (Y/N) asked.

"You could say that."

"And it's just another boring stake out at some random place..." Leo said.  

(Y/N)'s phone rumbled for a few seconds and saw Raph's name on the screen with a text message.

Raph: (Y/N), have you seen Leo

All four of us were supposed to go together on tonight's stake out mission

But Donnie lost sight of his communicator a few hours ago

If you see him

(Y/N) stopped reading the text and cancelled the call. Focusing their attention on a light conversation with Leo. Knowing to confront him after listening to a bit of his venting.

Leo noticed (Y/N) turning off their communicator as they walked ahead with gestures to follow them.

25 minutes later...

Leo stopped by the entrance to an abandoned apartment complex as he looked around the various plants, covering some of the rails or windows.

"I haven't been to this place in a long while."

"But, it helps me relax while tending to some of the plants around here." (Y/N) said.

"Huh... so that's why you turned off your communicator."

"I guess you have this whole place to yourself." Leo said as (Y/N) chuckles.

"I mean a few people also know about this place."

"Some bring a few gardening tools to let out some of the steam from the busy city life." (Y/N) said as they refilled a spare watering can beside them.

Almost close to one hour...

The two teens wandered around for a bit as some of Leo's worries slowly went away. Listening to his friend's voice as they give advice on a few missions, where he wasn't himself on those particularly days.

(Y/N) concluded their speech after realizing the watering can was empty. Before they could get up from their crouched position, Leo pets their head with a carefree smile.

"Before we head out,"

"You don't mind sticking around while I apologize to my brothers,"

"Since Raph will probably do the whole 'I told you so' spiel." Leo asked unaware of (Y/N)'s blushing face.

"Y-yeah, no problem!"

"I just need to return this and we're off!" (Y/N) said as they ran off in a hurry, holding the can near their chest.

Timeskip to Leo getting scolded by Raph...

(Y/N) held onto his sword as a safety precaution, gripping onto the handle as their face blushed once more while reflecting on Leo's unexpected gesture.

This caused the two other turtles to crowd around (Y/N), curious about their friend's flustered reaction.

"By the way you're acting,"

"I assume Leo did something that caught you off guard..." Donnie asked as (Y/N) looks away.

"I'm not commenting on that but,"

"Leo isn't the type of guy that would easily have a crush on someone..." (Y/N) muttered that last statement as Mikey caught what they said with a frown on his face.

Leo spotted (Y/N)'s sadden face, partially paying attention to his oldest brother's conversation as Mikey spoke up.

"That's not what I heard from April, when me and Leo were helping her with the groceries." Mikey said causing Leo to straight smile with his face turning red from embarrassment.

"Like, I swore he was like Donnie for the entire trip, talking about his new crush."

"And April narrowed it down to just saying."

"It's (Y/N) isn't it..."

"Since the girls are dating each other while-"

Donnie immediately places (Y/N) in front of Mikey, hopefully to be spared at one of the surprise pranks from Leo. Eventually grabbing his brother out of the almost tensed atmosphere, running away from the teens.

Raph takes the odachi sword from (Y/N)'s hands, following his siblings in a calm manner leaving the two teens alone. 

Leo groans rubbing his forehead for a few seconds until hearing (Y/N)'s laughter.

"So, we're not gonna talk about, how Donnie just dashed out of here."

"And almost ditched Mikey." (Y/N) said as Leo relaxed his shoulders.

"He may or may not get a pass for that."

"Unless, you want to contribute on some of the payback pranks at my brothers." Leo suggested as (Y/N) playful nods no letting out a hum.

"Is it okay if I try something?" (Y/N) asked as Leo nods.

(Y/N) places their hand underneath Leo's chin, delicately caressing it as the turtle sends a grin back at them. They snicker gradually pulling away their hand as they spoke.

"I guess we're both even on the pda thing." (Y/N) said as Leo turned pink, remembering why his soon to be partner blushed in the first place.

Bonus:

A few days later during the weekend...

Leo checked his phone while hanging out at (Y/N)'s room, waiting for one of their breaks at a random assignment. He smiled at the photo with a flower filter that displayed him wearing a (f/c) flower crown while (Y/N) wore a light blue flower with small red highlights.

(Y/N) sat by his side, slowly stretching their arms.

"I see your brothers photobombing in the background." (Y/N) said as they enhanced the picture while the trio's faces displayed goofy reactions.

"Better than those most couples do."

"Just standing around with a smile." Leo said.

It didn't take long for the couple to start laughing, thinking about the memes where the third person does something else while the couple kisses each other.

________________________________________

Originally typed February 22, 2020; Edited February 29, 2020

I'm not really sure if I did the prompt correctly but some of it is implied (I'll make changes if it's necessary)

Also excited for next month (I ordered happy home designer for my b-day just to get into the animal crossing spirit [since I can't afford the switch and new horizons ; w ;])

Leave comments or criticisms