86. Donnie X Female!Shy!Short!Reader

Requested by koalaprincess123

(Y/N) wasn't fond of most of her classes. As a result, bad grades piled on the poor girl. The girls usually help her out but as of now. Their busy schedules took up most of the time, unable to assist her.

Sunita snaps her fingers as she speaks, thinking of an idea.

"I'm sure Donnie has time between his tech stuff to help you out (Y/N)!"

"Plus, he can explain certain assignments in full detail." Sunita said.

"And if he starts going into speech mode about something else,"

"Just throw this-"

(Y/N) stood up from her seat placing her hands on the table noticing the object in April's arms.

"April! You know he's afraid of beach balls!" (Y/N) shouted as the girls snicker.

Week 1

(Y/N) nearly hid in her jacket glancing at the X marks as Donnie finished labeling the last one on her homework sheet. She wanted to snatch it away and leave but, she's not risking losing lunch for additional studying time. Her shyness always held her back to ask a simple question not aimed at her teacher. Especially when April or Sunita weren't in those classes.

Donnie gives the paper back as she takes it. She grew nervous with how direct this particular turtle is as she begins to look over the comments.

However, she blinks seeing the purple notes with good feedback describing

(Your work shows you understand it but it's okay to get confused at explaining word problems, Instead of I will do *insert verb here* go for I *insert verb here* for a stronger sentence structure, and other nice comments)

(Y/N) stops reading the front page once she saw Donnie adding his contact info on her phone, also giving it back as he speaks.

"I've been too busy to properly introduce myself but, I think this presents an opportunity to get to know one another." Donnie said confidently as (Y/N) nods, not questioning her friend about this sudden shift in the conversation.

Week 2 

When the two teens stepped out of the lab for a break, Mikey accidentally throws a beach ball towards his older brother. (Y/N) catches the hurling object before Donnie detects it.

Raph quickly heads over as (Y/N) delivers it to him while he hides the item behind his back. Donnie hears the slight panic in Raph's voice as he looks over at his brothers with (Y/N).

"Should I be concerned on what it is you're hiding behind your back Raph-"

"It's nothing! Not like a beach ball, if that's what you're thinking!" Raph said as (Y/N) winces into her jacket collar while Mikey whispers a 'nice save' towards her.

Donnie rolls his eyes heading in a different direction as Mikey continued the conversation.

"How do you know Donnie's fear of beach balls?" Mikey asked.

"April's usually the one that pokes fun at his fear."

"Even using it as a way, if he talks too much out of the study conversation."

"She mentioned that before Donnie helped me out with my recent grades." (Y/N) said.

"So you only know him from the girls' side?" Raph asked as she nods.