75. Donnie X Gender Neutral!Reader

Requested by felix_oppa0

Themes of LGBTQIA (Not too graphic but acknowledging it as a good thing for times of comfort)

I really recommend criticisms and feedback (because I want to improve my awareness on these types of subject)

Short mini talk: Even though I haven't talked to a best friend of mine since the end of middle school; They go by they/them pronouns at this point of their lives (And I'm really proud to see them on tumblr at random times because of their change)

And honestly I feel better informed about other peoples' perspective on that subject (with common sense included) 

But moving forward to the future years and onward; just be aware of other people's feelings along with maintaining your own (in of course a safe environment)

Plus it's never worth wasting your time and energy being rude and belittling one another

With that said, I hope you guys enjoy this 0 v ^  

(Y/N) just dropped off a delivery bag for one of their relatives as they spot the turtles on their usual night patrol. The guys instantly recognize their buddy, heading to their location.

Raph ends up tripping on an uneven concrete path sending a dry cleaning bag in the air with two clothes flying out of it. Donnie grabs Sunita's dress as (Y/N) catches April's dress.

(Y/N) freezes in place staring at the yellow dress with widen eyes.

Flashback

On a car trip attending the second wedding party for a relative of theirs...

(Y/N) felt uncomfortable wearing that exact same dress in (f/c). Not physically tight but unpleasant thoughts swirled around them mid way through the trip as they entered the venue with a well decorated interior.

Those thoughts surged ten fold after listening to the officiant as she spoke the traditions expected of a regular marriage.

By the time it was over, (Y/N) ran out of the suffocating building as tears fell from their face while their legs fell to the pavement holding their arms around them.

(Y/N)'s mother drove their child back home before returning to the reception party.

"You know (Y/N), your cousins are at the party."

"They were wonder-"

(Y/N) didn't respond back and only wanted to get out of the dress.

One hour later inside their apartment bedroom, (Y/N) threw the dress at the floor glaring at it for a few minutes.

Thankful, (Y/N) outgrew the dress after a few months and donated it to a random thrift shop.

End of Flashback

(Y/N) snaps back to the present hearing a bit of Donnie's voice. Without thinking, (Y/N) shoves April's dress back to him as they ran away from the turtles.

Raph takes the dresses away from Donnie as he speaks.

"You're the closest to (Y/N)..."

"We'll catch up with you later." Raph said as Donnie nods hoping (Y/N) hasn't gone too far.