99. Leo X CatMutant!Reader

(Y/N) paced around their own room unsure how to confront this new situation. Most of the stray cats that (Y/N) took care of, very once in a while, now follow them after last week's oozesquito bite. The cat outside their closed window displays the breed (Y/N) really likes as (Y/N) shares the same physical features.

(Y/N)'s ears perk up finally making up their mind wearing a trench coat, scarf, and hat as they head to the lair.

Just when they were about to open the manhole cover, Leo removes it spotting (Y/N) in the outfit.

"Out on a sneaking mission, (Y/N)..." Leo said in a teasing tone annoying (Y/N) as they pout.

"I don't get why Mikey likes the whole trench coat outfit."

"Not to ruin the good mood but..."

Leo's amused expression changes as (Y/N) hides both of their sleeves together in a worrying manner.

"It's serious huh..." Leo said as (Y/N) nods.

At the ground floor with the sewer ladders beside the two teens, (Y/N) slowly takes off their hat and scarf, revealing their new appearance as their cat ears pop up. They gripped onto the hat closing their eyes but, shook up when Leo raised them up high.

"I know the whole oozesquito thing is serious."

"But you're even cuter as a cat-"

"(Y/N)'s a cat now?!" Raph shouted as the other two brothers recognize a flushed face from (Y/N).

When April was done with her work shift, Sunita and her had similar reactions to Leo and Raph's. Mikey had to step in protecting (Y/N) who wasn't used to the sudden attention.

"That concludes the new rumor of various cats in one area."

"Around the coordinates near (Y/N)'s apartment." Donnie said as he searches through the gadget on his left wrist, recognizing the cat sleeping outside (Y/N)'s bedroom window.

Leo looks over his brother's shoulder as he speaks.

"I always see that one around (Y/N)."

"Still lame that their parents wouldn't adopt the helpful little guy." Leo said as (Y/N) shortly remembered waking up to the cat licking their face when they recognize their hands now paw like.

That particular cat was the only one present when the others ran off, scared of the mutation process. 

"I remembered that was the first one (Y/N) nursed back to health."

"So it makes sense that he follows (Y/N) around." Mikey said.

(Y/N) notices a confident grin from Leo as he comes up with a fool proof plan.

"Well, I assume their parents think (Y/N)'s still wearing a cat costume." 

"Since they haven't notice the cat instincts acting up."

"Let's settle with Operation: Convince (Y/N)'s Parents with a New Feline Friend!" Leo said as the others nod in agreement.

3 days later...

The cat laid on (Y/N)'s lap observing with sleepy eyes at the teens' shenanigans. With two of the turtles (primary Leo and Donnie) with the presentation in well dressed business suits as they explain to (Y/N)'s parents, the benefits of having a cat in the household. The others watched while managing the slideshow bit.

Both parents thought the presentation was amusing and will decide their answer by the end of the week. This delighted the teens, hoping (Y/N)'s parents will keep the cat.

Around Friday, Leo and (Y/N) spotted the cat clawing at the manhole cover.

"Won't Splinter freak out over an actual cat? " (Y/N) asked as Leo crouches opening the lid snickering a reply.

"I haven't seen the cat bring something that wasn't a small animal at your place."

"It'll be fine, don't worry about it."

"Also the fact he hasn't clawed Raph's face, also means he's chill around us."

"And speaking of chill..." Leo said as the cat climbed on his shell now perching on his shoulder.

Leo felt a tiny bit of blush on his face when (Y/N) awed at the cat.

"I'm still jealous he does that with you." (Y/N) said as they climb down ahead of Leo.

"He's more careful around you."

"His claws are more sharper than most of the stray cats." Leo said trailing after them.

Leo's eyes widen as (Y/N) went to his side, scanning for scratch marks.

"I don't see any scratch marks but, just to be safe."

"We're clipping some of the nails."

"Because of one of the claws is close to overgrowing." (Y/N) said as the cat curled his body to Leo's neck.

"(Y/N), he won't perch on your shoulder if you keep mentioning stuff like that to him." Leo chuckled as the cat remained close to Leo throughout the whole night.

2 hours later at (Y/N)'s apartment...

(Y/N)'s parents returned from a grocery trip as the two teens laughed, still near the closed door. The adults noticed a sympathetic look from Leo as he watched (Y/N) use a feather wand at the cat. (Y/N)'s mom approaches the two saying her answer.

"Seeing how the cat is also familiar with Leo,"

"Hopefully you can share your new pet with him." (Y/N)'s mother said frightening her child as (Y/N) latched on to Leo, close to hugging him while the cat bit into the toy.

"W-what do you mean by share!?" (Y/N) stuttered unaware of Leo blushing at the physical contact.

(Y/N)'s mom hums resuming her speech.

"It just reminds me how a few couples start taking care of a pet before they have ki-"

 "We're still teenagers and I haven't started dating (Y/N)-"

The cat stares at Leo with a 'really Leo' look causing (Y/N)'s tail to shoot up, now with a flushed face.

(Y/N)'s dad just shakes his head as he stops his wife from any further discussions at the teenagers.

Bonus:

Leo unintentionally sleeps on (Y/N), due to their fur more fluffier compared to their pet cat. And on a regular basis, (C/N) always wakes the turtle up as he sees (Y/N) underneath him.

During a sleep over, as the others wake up, they spot the cat kneading the blanket on top of Leo. He gets up pulling his nightcap over his pink face.

"It never gets old..." Donnie said as Leo throws a pillow at his brother's face.

(Y/N) lets out a mrrp sound sleeping on Leo's lap causing everyone to gush over (Y/N)'s cuteness.

______________________________________________

Originally typed January 5, 2020; Edited January 7, 2020

[Edit: January 8, 2020: added more to a specific part; I understand the purpose of cat claws but overgrown nails are the worst]

I'm proud on how this turned out

Also Leo's reaction to cats in the episode Mutant Menace is still one of the cutest things (so this oneshot is also a result of that lol)

Leave comments or criticisms