173. Leo X Female!Reader: Time Off

Requested by LuminaNeko 

6 pm near some random building...

Leo saw an open window with (Y/N) listening to her boss as the middle aged woman placed another stack of papers by the computer desk. The older lady left the room as (Y/N) lazily sat in her chair groaning at the paperwork.

"People really love to pile all the work on part timers." Leo said as she turned around seeing the laidback turtle.

"Leo, I only have a thirty minute break." (Y/N) said as Leo dragged her chair by the open window with a slight breeze entering the stuffy room.

"Have you seen yourself?"

"You're practically a zombie who's just, standing around waiting for her next meal to appear."

"I've seen a couple of your coworkers extending their breaks up to an hour or more."

"And your boss doesn't even bat an eye about that." Leo said as (Y/N) crossed her arms.

"I'm not even that hungry-"

(Y/N)'s stomach growled as she sighed.

"At least let me leave a note saying, 'I'm going to get something to eat in the mean time.'"(Y/N) said as she took out her phone.

5 minutes later at the lair...

"Should I ask, why were you following me in the first place?" (Y/N) asked chewing on a slice of pizza as Leo shrugged.

"April used to work at that place."

"But, with her streak of bad luck, she only lasted a week."

"She was even surprised that you were still there, one month into this job." Leo said. 

"She probably had a different shift but, it still doesn't answer my question." (Y/N) said.

"One guy was close, trying to swipe your papers as his own work." 

Leo showed the video on his phone. Of the guy almost switching the desk wedges' name tags until the boss arrived. Now tripping to the floor from his chair. After it ended he spoke.

"Like, how petty do you have to be to steal from a teen!?" Leo said as (Y/N) heard a bit of anger in his voice causing her to feel guilty.

Rarely showing up to hang out or around five to fifteen minutes. Especially with slow days that felt like an eternity until the boss said you can leave.

Leo slowly calmed down after recognizing a sad expression on her face.

"I understand you can really go all out in a project."

"But, if you keep sticking to that all work no play attitude,"

"You're bound to experience a burnout having people like him around." Leo said as (Y/N) nodded.

"I had a client who struggled on how to send an email so it took like,"

"Two hours of my time explaining a step by step process." 

"By the time it ended, I went out like a light." (Y/N) said as she stretched feeling a bit refreshed. 

Now thinking about the arcade as another great idea. For the remaining time left on the break. 

"You're asking for it if you beaten my high score while I was away for a month!" (Y/N) said taking notice of Leo's smirk.

"Now there's the fun (Y/N) I know and love!" Leo said as the two teens playfully sprinted to the arcade area.  

Timeskip to the start of the next week...

(Y/N) cautiously sneaked up after Leo who was watching a video on someone making a chocolate eclair mont blanc cake.

"Did you see one of the comments mentioning for a blue version of that dessert?" (Y/N) asked as Leo looked up with a light chuckle.

"I wished it was the top comment."

"But, the little guy should have his other hedgehog friends."

"A strawberry one for pink, dark chocolate with red icing, and a mix of white chocolate and silver food coloring too." Leo said as (Y/N) giggled.

"I wouldn't have the heart to eat something that's so cute." (Y/N) said.

"You mean, melt your heart away since its also made of chocolate." Leo said.

"Compared to your usual one liners, that's really bad." (Y/N) said.

"I get more ideas thanks to you."

"You probably thought of a few every now and then." Leo said as (Y/N) started to blush.

"For me, its more of a hit or miss and I'll leave it at that." (Y/N) said on her way to greet the others.

Until Leo held her hand stopping the girl in her tracks.

"Could I at least hear one before you bug my brothers?"

"I'm almost begging to know since,"

"I see a bit of blush on your face..." Leo said in a teasing tone resting his chin on her shoulder.

"I don't play an instrument but, you're really tugging my heartstrings..."

"Being thoughtful about others and knowing when to step in at the right moment..." (Y/N) said as her face heats up hearing the cheesy one liner.

She felt Leo letting go of her hand as she saw him with a wide eyed expression.

"W-was it that bad-"

Leo shook his head as he stepped back but, still had a flushed face.

"It wasn't bad its just,"

"I-i didn't expect a kind compliment after the one liner." Leo said.

"I guess I have my own way of dealing with the punch lines, huh Leo." (Y/N) said leaning the back of her head near his plastron looking his direction with gleaming eyes.

Leo replied with a hum still astonished by her down to earth comment. And halfway through the week, he was content finally seeing her relax from the heavy workload.

_______________________________

Edited April 27, 2021

I couldn't think of a cool place for the reader and Leo to hang out on her break so it just went back to the lair (taking a breather away from the stressful workplace)

Also the chocolate eclair mont blanc cake idea was from watching a youtube channel called Chocolate Cacao (who also made a recipe of it; the fact someone also left a comment referencing sonic is just another wholesome bit I love so much lol)

 Anyway leave comments or criticisms