79. April X Reader: Melodies Soothe the Sadness Away

Requested by PancakesYum2

It's been one of those days at school. (Y/N)'s teacher noticed the unfeeling behavior using break time to let their student step out without the other classmates recognizing the real situation.

It managed to be enough before the bell rang signaling lunch time.

(Y/N) mutters a quick thanks to their teacher feeling a bit better before leaving to meet up with April and Sunita.

After school, the three teens head to the lair as they spot Mikey handing a microphone to (Y/N).

"You have to switch the old karaoke love songs!"

"It's bad enough our dad-"

Mikey notes a blank stare from (Y/N) switching his panic to concern.

"(Y/N)?"

(Y/N) grips on to the device shrugging off their feelings.

"Most of the songs I like aren't on the karaoke."

"But I'll be happy to hear you guys sing!" (Y/N) said as April silently acknowledged the fake smile on their face.

"Alright (Y/N), we won't force you."

"Donnie added a custom playlist to the karaoke machine."

"And he added classic songs from a rhythm game you played."

"With english subtitles fitting to the melody."

"So just sit back and listen to your heart's content!" Mikey cheered causing (Y/N) to giggle.

1 hour later...

(Y/N)'s somber mood slowly drifted away as the teens sang songs of their favorite genre to the said custom playlist.

During the 15 minute breaks, conversations were shared on various subjects with music.

"Oh! Oh! April! Didn't one college kid bring her console playing the Yakuza series in one of your classes?" Sunita asked as April nods.

"That game can switch the atmospheric tone."

"I think she said 0 was the highest peak of story telling."

"And the side quests and mini games of the sequels still gave the funny side of the series."

"I could understand why she wants an idol spin off with the main cast and others based off that karaoke rhythm minigame." April said as the guys exclaim a 'WHAT?!' in unison looking at a few of the mean looking characters on the cover art from the games.

(Y/N) imagined April pulling off one of the heat action moves using a different bike as the bad guy gets koed by the attack.

The second break caused Leo to nope out of playing one of the rhythm games with an unbeatable song watching Miku spin around in a red dress as the skeleton background characters fly out of the background.

"(Y/N) managed to beat the stylus version of the song with a B+."

"It just takes practice Leo." Donnie said as Leo rolls his eyes.

"The main series has a worse one with,"

"I forgot the name but it's brutal with how precise you have to get the buttons in time." (Y/N) said.

"What's worse,"

"A slow song with the notes all lined up or..."

"A fast one with the notes out there waiting to ruin a perfect combo..." Raph asked as everyone had separate sides on the issue he suggested.

Leo groans looking through the next song wishing the break would end soon.

Time Skip to the last song...

(Y/N) taps their shoes to the beat of the familiar melody.

They rarely listened to it just so the song won't lose its calming affect.

The others noticed (Y/N) in a trance like state unaware of the blush on their face observing April starting to sing the song.

("I didn't know April could sing.")

("She has a voice of an angel...") Sunita whispered as Donnie includes his comment.

("Sometimes when any of us couldn't sleep, including Splinter,")

("The lullabies she sang, always helped.")

("And oh, would you look at that...")

Mikey nearly dozes off and catches himself with drool on his face.

"You didn't see that!?" Mikey yelled as the other two had sleepy expressions chuckling at their youngest brother.

(Y/N) paid no attention to the scene behind them still focused on April's performance.

("And (Y/N) here...")

("Grew to develop a crush on April,")

("When she cheered them up with different songs,")

("In various genres depending on their mood...") Donnie said.

("I'm not one into heartfelt moments but (Y/N)'s close to wanting to confess to her so..." Leo said as the two teens follow Leo's suggestion pulling the others out of the room.

The song ends as April talks.

"I can see why you like this song (Y/N)."

"And it really reminds me of you." April said softly gazing at (Y/N).

(Y/N) felt a weight on their chest as they replied to her.

"You always do fantastic covers while cheering me up..."

"I'm really thankful for that..."

April spotted (Y/N) looking at the ground and immediately redirects their attention at her.

"Is it possible you have time for a date before your next interview?"

"I chickened out trying to ask you out the last time you cheered me up..." (Y/N) said.

April snickers placing the microphone on the table as she walks over to (Y/N). She takes their hands into hers in a reassuring grip.

"I haven't had the best luck with the job offerings..."

"And I could use the break for a cute date with (Y/N)!" April said winking at them.

The others witness (Y/N) startled by the girl beginning to playful flirt with a hug. They head out of the lair to resume the discussion about the couple.

"Ha, Dale's gonna be heartbroken about this." Donnie said as Sunita shakes her head neutral about that statement.

"Eh, April's more into (Y/N)."

"Because on some night patrols, she fully gushes over how adorable (Y/N) is when they're not around her." Leo said.

"Yeah. During a truth or dare with one of our classmates,"

"She nearly blurted out her crush on (Y/N)."

"She was lucky that (Y/N) was sick on that day." Sunita said.

Back with the couple, the two sang a duet not caring about reaching the highest score while both of their hands remained linked together in tune of a random love song.

______________________________________________

Edited December 7, 2019

The first oneshot with April in this book (and requested too!!!) 

She's such a fun character along with the other female characters in the show (Practically a magical girl at this point and the concept art for season 1's finale showed a bat she used was going to give off a green flame; just make her into one gdi) 

Leave comments or criticisms