153. Donnie X Female!Suicidal!Artist!Reader

Requested by SilverDreams82

Warning for suicidal mention

Also, please take time to take care of yourself (especially during this hectic year and onwards)

You can skip on this oneshot if theme is a bit heavy (its understandable)

However, I would prefer some criticisms on this particular oneshot (tbh I was about to decline this request, reflecting on this sort of subject... [also it's my first time writing this type of prompt])

I'll happily make edits to this one and change it, if its necessary (Also taking account of notes for future oneshots with a similar prompt regarding the other turtles)

*Note: Once I reach the 200 chapter limit on this book; all edits will be final*

In the lair near Donnie's lab...

Donnie noticed (Y/N)'s sketchbook after discarding a stack of miscellaneous papers. His curiosity took over, starting at the first page. Most of the drawings were light hearted, filled with his friend's favorite interests and some with the turtles' chaotic shenanigans on past events. However, last week's sketches revealed a more somber and empty feeling.

Sunday showed (Y/N) without a face while words enveloped her. Not budging in the ink filled sea. The next three days portrayed outlines of various buildings, with (Y/N) having another faceless appearance as silhouettes of strangers pass by her. Thursday and Friday used up two pages, sticky notes in bright colors, covered in tape as (Y/N) held onto the shirt collar towards a distorted version of herself. The mask concealed her doppelganger's face as the vibrant hued weapons stood still. Intentionally aiming at her. And finally, Saturday's picture depicted (Y/N) drawn in a heel sitting position. Her face smudged in scribbles as abstract shapes took up the background in a cluttered mess.

Donnie closed the sketchbook and carried it, now in a hurry out of the lab. He replied with a white lie, saying he's going early on the night patrol, before his brothers could respond at the sudden rush of action.

6 pm near (Y/N)'s apartment...

As (Y/N) opened the door to take the trash outside, she saw Donnie wearing his hoodie. She was slightly surprised by the unexpected visit as the softshell turtle started catching his breath.

"Oh wait, (Y/N)! I'll take care of that!"

"I also need to discuss an urgent and private matter with you." Donnie said as (Y/N) answered with a questioning okay.

It gave Donnie some time to think about the discussion as he searched for the building's main dumpster area.

He was going to ask Dr. Feelings (aka Mikey) regarding certain themes towards the drawings he saw in her sketchbook. But considering how the turtle look through the book without her permission, he rather not face Dr. Delicate Touch's fiery words. Along with, how the majority of art is subjective and it varies on the artist's personal feelings and reflections about certain things.

And Donnie didn't want to leave this sort of issue at the last minute...

15 minutes later...

Donnie returned but, hid her sketchbook, carefully inside his battle shell.

His worry got worse with a brief glance at her eyes. The dull (e/c) uncovered an unfeeling (Y/N) who continued to stay silent as she scrolled through her phone.