165. Raph X Reader: Getting Through that Tiresome Week

Requested by Thatweeb8

Warning for the mention of menstrual cramps and other pms related topics

(Y/N): I have to cancel tonight's hang out

I'm not sure if April told you about pms

(Y/N) sent the message to Raph as they recognized the last menstrual hygiene product underneath the bathroom counter. They winced at the small bursts of pain caused by menstrual cramps. Slowly propping their elbow on the counter seeing Raph's response.

Raph: Oh sorry about that but, I could check in with April if you need anything

(Y/N): Thanks Raph, you're a life savior! After this week, the next pizza is on me!

Before (Y/N) sent that message they added two pictures of the medicine and their preferred menstrual hygiene product.

Raph: You're welcome (Y/N)! Hopefully, you can hang on for a few minutes while I'll go get the supplies

(Y/N): I will, just resting near my bed at the moment

15 minutes later after taking the medicine... 

Raph took the empty cup and placed it on the table near (Y/N)'s bed as they slowly sat up.

"I'm a bit surprised you know about the pms thing." (Y/N) said as a sweatdrop appeared on Raph's bandana.

"I had a bad feeling when April didn't want to move out of Pops' seat while she was more hesitant than her usual self..."

"He explained half of the pms thing and when she felt better after that horrendous week."

"She was comfortable discussing that topic with us but,"

"We kind of freaked out worrying what was wrong with her."

"And you know me, my overprotective brother instincts..." Raph said as (Y/N) lightly smiled at him.

"I'm sure April thought it was funny."

"Especially how she explained her side on the-"

"Please don't... We all felt chills down our shells, listening to a ghost story version of it..." Raph said as (Y/N) refrained from laughing.

"Okay I won't but, its still nice of you guys to be concerned about, this stressful once of a month experience."

"I hate that, I'm not myself the week before it happens."

"So if I was kind of quiet from last week, that's why..." (Y/N) said as Raph gently pulled them into a hug.

"You made the good call knowing that you need time for yourself." 

"Just text me when the week is over." Raph said.

Just when Raph could remove himself from the hug, (Y/N) held tight to his arm. Almost close to his plastron as he spots a shy reaction from them.

"You're oddly warm or is that another thing with the period?" Raph asked causing them to pout.

"My mom says its something about hormones but, why are you complaining..."

"Don't you need some of this heat since you're a cold blooded reptile..." (Y/N) said as Raph chuckled delicately bridal carrying them.

"Mostly during the start of winter but, Donnie knows more about that than I do."

"If you want, the hang out can just be the two of us." Raph said as (Y/N) began to blush.

"I would be lying if I said no..." (Y/N) muttered snuggling closer to him with Raph almost stopping at the hallway surprised by their cuteness.

Around the 4th day...

Raph went on evening visits to check on (Y/N). Little things like conversations or just helping around (Y/N)'s apartment eased the unwanted thoughts influenced by periods. Bringing the teens closer together as the days go by.

Raph heard (Y/N) giggling to themselves as they sat by the window sill.

"What's so funny?" Raph asked.

"Its usually your brothers who would ignore the night patrol and yet,"

"You're the one following that routine even though."

"Its different for my situation."

"And I just got a text from Leo saying 'Did you see Raph during the night patrol or something?'." (Y/N) said.

"I only missed a few patrols... Like you said, 'its different for your situation'." Raph said as (Y/N) gave a comforting rub on his shoulder.

"Rare to see Raph a bit stubborn."

"But, you could at least text your brothers with a 'last minute change of plans'."

"Or else, it will reach towards a mini interrogation with the trio vs oldest brother." (Y/N) said as Raph hummed.

"Can you reply a somewhat half truth to Leo?"

"Like with today and probably mention the pizza pigeon for the past three days." Raph said as (Y/N) nodded typing a response.

"You don't want the others barging in while you're taking care of me." (Y/N) said as Raph stuttered.

"M-maybe and I know April said, its definitely dangerous during this particular time of week."

"But, I can't say no while you have those pleading eyes sometimes..." Raph said as (Y/N) blushes a deep red.

"Did I actually do that a couple days ago?!" (Y/N) asked as Raph blinked.

"It was more of a shy hug and a cuddle while I was carrying you."

"But, that's on me for teasing you..." Raph said as (Y/N) sighed.

"You nearly scared me Raph."

"I can't exactly pull up a large snapping turtle if he ends up fainting by my mischievous habits..." (Y/N) said as Raph grinned.

"So... Better to visit you after the first three days..." Raph suggested as (Y/N) traced the lines around his bandaged hands.

"Sounds good to me." (Y/N) said.

Bonus:

The week after...

"What's with the two teddy bears taped to some heating pads?" Donnie asked as Raph quickly hid the plushies behind his shell.

"Nothing! And not gonna wait for another month to wrap up this gift, don't worry about it!" Raph said walking backwards to his room in a slight hurry.

Donnie entered another room to call (Y/N).

"Quick question, thoughts on heating pads?" Donnie asked on his phone as (Y/N) shrugged.

"Kind of heavy and I usually stay in place because of it."

"Why? What brought this up?" (Y/N) asked as Donnie shrugged.

"Just curious, that's all." Donnie said as (Y/N) replied with a doubtful okay, ending the call on their end.

Eventually, Donnie assisted Raph on replacing the stuffing of the teddy bears with material suitable for containing the heat and cooling pads. With the surprise gift ending on a happy note as (Y/N) gave a kiss to Raph. While Donnie gave a thumbs up to his oldest brother before heading back to the lair. 

__________________________

Edited February 20, 2021

This is so fluffy I love it!!!

Leave comments or criticisms