131. Raph X Female!Axolotl!Reader

Requested by _drown_me_dxddy_

Rain started to cast over the night sky as Raph hid under a building for shelter. Before he could call his brothers on the phone, a shadow loomed over him as a feminine axolotl girl took out her umbrella and offered it to the large snapping turtle.

"You sure, you don't need it miss?" Raph asked as (Y/N) pulled down her raincoat hood, showing her feathery-like gills with a smile.

"Nah, I really like this weather over the sweltering heat." (Y/N) said as the umbrella changed its size to match Raph's height.

The two teens talked during the casual stroll going back to the lair.

"So your brothers just forgot about the routine night patrol."

"Although, its funny you placed a good noodle board."

"With star stickers on who's doing a good job following the schedule."

"And you being the leader with the most star stickers." (Y/N) chuckled as Raph shrugged.

"I guess but..."

Raph hesitated now stopping his tracks as (Y/N) spotted the sudden change in his tone while he tugs onto the umbrella.

(Y/N) spoke up in hopes not to let the gloomy atmosphere get to him.

"Do you sort of want to vent about it?" (Y/N) asked as Raph blinked with a surprised expression.

It took a few seconds until Raph sighed.

"Hopefully, I don't have a habit of venting to you every once in a while."

"Especially, whenever we see each other." Raph said as (Y/N) hid her hands in her raincoat pockets.

"It can just be the short gist of it."

"I have a feeling the 'it' revolves around your brothers."

"It's my first guess really..." (Y/N) said as Raph nods a slow yes.

"I sort of wished my brothers took most of these night patrols seriously."

"Heck, even our friend April, got involved with fighting against the now Yokai Shredder."

"And like how my brother Donnie says it."

"Humans are a bit more fragile, due to their soft skin and other body parts."

Raph let out another sigh looking at the rain droplets as a few landed on the umbrella.

"Don't even get me started on how I'm the oldest brother..." Raph said as he stared into the night sky.

"Well Raph, the good thing is, you're very patient with your brothers."

"Which helps with being a good leader."

"Also knowing when the situation is serious."

"Since I assume the Yokai Shredder was a first step towards facing a life-threatening challenge."

"However, it doesn't hurt to step away from the daily missions."

"You also need to take care yourself..."

"Like with something you enjoy in your free time." (Y/N) said as she added another comment.

"It's nice to be that turtle, full of wisdom." 

"But, not all the time..." (Y/N) said as Raph blinked twice, remembering Splinter's past.

Avoiding a family tradition which almost sacrificed his sons' lives. Just to save an important piece of armor from falling into the wrong hands.

The two teens both stopped at a nearby sewer manhole cover as Raph handed back the umbrella to her. He carefully lifted the lid off to the side as he stood up.

Raph sent a comforting side hug at (Y/N), in a better mood before entering the open hole.

"Thanks for the pep talk, (Y/N)."

"And sorry that the conversation, kind of went to a personal matter." Raph said as he rubbed his neck.

"Don't be sorry, it's great that a big guy like you can be concerned about stuff like that."

"And its fun chatting with you as well."

"Hope to see you around on the next solo patrol!" (Y/N) said as she winked at him, holding the closed umbrella on her shoulder, beginning to head in a different direction.

As Raph pulled the manhole cover to its original place, his stomach felt all warm and fuzzy. Really enjoying (Y/N)'s company when the weather started to damper his spirits on other things.

One week later...

Raph noticed (Y/N) about to close her apartment door as he hurried up the stairs. Her feathery gills flared up surprised by the footsteps behind her until she saw Raph, carrying a present behind his back. She refrained from laughing at his clumsiness but, tried to stay focused during the warm atmosphere,

"Oh wait, on second thought, (Y/N)." 

"Let's get you inside before the heat gets to you." Raph said as he gently pushes her inside.

The heat also blended with the blush on (Y/N)'s face as Raph sets her down in a delicate manner. Raph immediately grabs one of the frozen drinks from her refrigerator and hands it over to her.

After taking a sip, (Y/N) was instantly refreshed as she recognizes the (f/c) present in full detail.

"A bit early for a birthday present but, what's it actually for?" (Y/N) asked as Raph nearly huddled his large physique, almost flustered by her question.

"I-I'll just open it for you." Raph said as he tore the wrapping paper and later, opened a box revealing a (f/c) teddy bear with sewn pieces, mimicking the axolotl's unique features near its cheeks.

(Y/N) took a closer look at the teddy bear as her blush deepened while Raph spoke.

"What you said last week really cheered me up."

"So I made this little buddy as another thank you."

"And maybe..."

"If you're not too busy tomorrow..."

"You can help out with picking other accessories for this little guy." Raph said.

(Y/N) puffed her cheeks as she sighed.

"You're way too good at being this cute..."

"It almost made me faint."

"But yes, I'll definitely help out!" (Y/N) said as she grinned at Raph.

The next evening...

The trio found the two teens on another stroll as (Y/N) carried the handmade plushie in her arms.

Before Mikey could point out the teddy bear, (Y/N) held onto Raph's hand as the snapping turtle blushed, stunned by tender gesture.

"We definitely need to photobomb, at least one, of their pictures."

"Since the soon to be couple is on a date." Leo suggested as Mikey argued not to do that.

Donnie stayed out of the conversation but, texted April the sudden news. Which prompted April to reply, with a recreation of a meme with the new couple. (Y/N) holding the umbrella while Raph covers his face with his hand in a blushing manner.

Donnie showed the picture to the brothers as the argument stopped, amazed by the effort put into the meme.

"I'm still photobombing one of their pictures and you two can't stop me!" Leo said as he ran off while Mikey chases after him.

Donnie rolled his eyes as he sent another text about Leo's plan to April then follows after his siblings.

_______________________________

Edited June 9, 2020

The first draft was supposed to be a boba drink date but I scrapped it (mostly close to 500+ words)

Hopefully the angst wasn't too edgy

Anyway leave comments or criticisms