169. Leo X Kuudere!Reader

Requested by Wowieapieceoftrash

12 am...

"Hey Leo." (Y/N) said still focused on playing a video game.

Causing Leo to be slightly annoyed that he couldn't get a reaction from them. Lightly poking their cheek as he sat next to them.

"You're no fun when it comes to surprises." Leo said as (Y/N) shrugged.

"I'm not really bothered by your surprise visits though." (Y/N) said unaware of the light blush on Leo's face.

Leo briefly ignored that thought attempting to show some interest in the game.

"Just doing the daily events with a bit of grinding on the side?" Leo said as (Y/N) hummed.

"This is my second run of the game so I finished it in three days but,"

"I ruined my sleeping schedule because of it..." (Y/N) said as Leo looked at the screen seeing (Y/N) slightly tired but, their player character knocks out an enemy in a couple of turns.

"Despite the messy hairdo, you seem more rested compared to Donnie." Leo said noting the half filled glass of water on the table counter.

"That's because I know when to take a break and eat in a separate room."

"My mom would kill me if I ate dinner in my room." (Y/N) said as Leo smirked.

"Yet, you sneaked in a couple of snacks and drinks." Leo said.

"Only when she's out to get something or whatever."

"You guys were pretty tired chasing after a group of mutant silverfish for about two hours." (Y/N) said.

"So its an exception whenever we're around."

"I'm touched (Y/N)." Leo said holding his hands together almost sitting close to his friend personal space.

Casually bumping his shoulder next to them.

"Do you wanna have a turn at the game?" (Y/N) said offering their controller to him as Leo blinked twice.

Noticing (Y/N) more awake looking directly at him.

"Nah, I might break the flow you currently have at the moment."

"Its cool seeing you in the zone, games or just busy with other stuff..." Leo said turning away from them.

Not used to the one on one attention from his crush.

"Okay then, did anything happen during yesterday's night patrol?" (Y/N) said as the loading screen displays the save option.

"Not much."

"It ended early because we got bored waiting for something to happen." Leo said.

"So another slow day huh." (Y/N) said.

"I wouldn't say that because we all kept making vine references."

"Thanks to a video complimation during the trip back to the lair." Leo said.

"I keep getting more reptiles videos on my recommendations but, I'm not complaining." (Y/N) said as Leo snickered.

"I almost craved for a salad after seeing one prepared for a tiny tortoise." Leo said as (Y/N) yawned.

"That's cute." (Y/N) said.

"Wait, do you mean me or the tortoise-" Leo said a bit flustered realizing what he just said.

"Why not both." (Y/N) said as Leo's blushing face deepened while the two teens maintain eye contact at each other.

"You must be good at card games because,"

"I cannot get past your poker face."

"You're way too smooth just saying a compliment out of nowhere (Y/N)..." Leo said as (Y/N) slowly turned pink.

"Not really."

"At least you have a 'go with the flow' type of attitude."

(Y/N) shyly grinned as they continued to talk.

"Some people say red slider turtles tend to be friendly."

"I guess its true knowing you for the past three years." (Y/N) said with Leo speechless by his friend's caring words.

It didn't take long for Leo to break the silence. As he held their hand surprising them.

"Well, you have your own ways of being adorable."

"Like right now, having a bashful grin while you were starting to compliment me." Leo said as (Y/N) giggled.

"For a second there, I thought you were about recite a poem about me." (Y/N) said as Leo pretended to gag.

"I'll pass on the whole 'roses are red, violets are blue thing'."

"That's way too corny for my taste." Leo said.

1 week later near early evening...

"I'm still baffled that you and Leo are dating."

"Especially that, you're normally not fond of people similar to his personality." Donnie said as (Y/N) scrolls through their phone.

"He actually listens compared to most of my classmates."

"And while he asking me out on a date."

"Splinter was the one who told me that." 

"Leo started having a crush on me near the end of the second year." (Y/N) said prompting Donnie to almost spit out his drink.

"I knew something was off when Leo didn't show up around to yesterday's night patrol!" Donnie said as (Y/N) laughed.

"Planning to bug him with that info while you guys get pizza." (Y/N) said as Donnie smirked.

"Perhaps and expect some sort of payback prank from him."

"If you decide to tag along." Donnie said.

"Eh, I'll risk it." (Y/N) said as they noticed their boyfriend and the other turtles finally with the free pizza coupon.

_________________________________

Edited April 10, 2021

I kind of went with a kuudere that's more on the "once you get to know them" than just the emotionless one tropes like to use (tbh I wasn't aware of the slight difference between kuuderes and danderes until now lol)

Kind of shorter than my usual stuff (I haven't really seen a kuudere type of prompt in a long while and its my first time typing one; it could be better but for now its decent to say the least)  

Leave comments or criticisms