65. Raph X Reader: Conflicting Personalities

Requested by PancakesYum2

Raph and Donnie hid in the shadows near the school's track and field area wearing their colored hoodies as the purple turtle spots the almost cleared smoke in one of the buildings.

"I guess that confirms April's text about a popcorn incident before the usual fire drill."

"Also on a surprising note the adults caused it and no students were involved..." Donnie said as Raph paid no mind focusing most of his attention towards (Y/N) in the distance talking to April.

Flashback

Once again, one of Leo's portal shenanigans separates him and his brothers. Except this time, Raph was all alone. Raph bumps into a person the same age as him at an underpass in an unfamiliar part of the city. He couldn't explain his whole turtle appearance worried that he might damage the area nearly panicking until (Y/N) reassured him they won't tell any one about his presence.

It takes a while but Raph finally calms down as (Y/N) walks with him chatting along while the two teens search for his other brothers.

After two hours the four brothers were reunited. (Y/N) maintained a calm and unfazed reaction as they got acquainted with the other three turtles.

A week later, Raph slowly develops a crush on (Y/N).

End of Flashback

Raph blinks for a few seconds now observing (Y/N) who's almost glaring at a student they hate as the person begins talking to them.

"I wonder why (Y/N) hates that person,"

"Let's go check it out!" Raph said leaping to a closer spot near a shaded area.

Donnie frowns displaying hesitation but follows his brother. He heard a lot of unpleasant words from (Y/N) who claims that 'person' as an annoyance recalling a number of events as the two turtles eavesdrop a conversation between (Hate Name) and (Y/N) while April quietly watches.

"(Y/N), the big guy who's usually around you..."

"He's unusually affectionate and yet you're not,"

"I'm surprised how you two are friends,"

"Not that's a bad thing but I would be careful though,"

"You know how guys like him have a secret side..." (H/N) said in almost taunting tone.

Raph frowns hurt by those words as Donnie grits his teeth fully understanding the hatred (Y/N) feels towards (H/N).

April almost pulls (Y/N) away from (H/N) but they stand their ground.

"You barely even met the guy and you just say that!"

"Belittling me is one thing, but at Raph,"

"Let's hope karma gets to you in a slow and painful-"

The vice principal's megaphone cuts off (Y/N)'s comment signaling an okay to resume the class schedule as students groan heading back to the school grounds.

April then drags (Y/N) away but still notices (H/N) in a state of shock and fear from the menacing aura around (Y/N).

Donnie checks on Raph to see if he's okay. Raph then sways Donnie's shoulders back and forth overjoyed that his crush defended him. Donnie chuckles aware of the bit of blush on (Y/N)'s face.

Time Skip to early evening... 

(Y/N) carried a party platter wrapped in tin foil after leaving a party on their own. They walk towards the same underpass when they first met Raph for the first time. Their cheeks flushed pink reflecting that they defended Raph almost looking back at the times of his sweet, gentle nature.

Unaware to (Y/N), Raph stood near the exit of the underpass as April waited with him.

As (Y/N) gets closer to the exit, April pats his shell as a sign of good luck as she leaves. Raph lets out a tiny whimper as (Y/N) recognizes the sound of his voice and looks up to see him.

"Hey." (Y/N) said as Raph waves hello to them.

"Before you ask, April was around before heading off to her new job." Raph said as (Y/N) smiles.

"That's good."

"Hopefully you guys haven't eaten yet because I brought this."

"Other people at the party didn't like it. But one lady was happy I liked the food she made."

"And you better save some for your brothers and dad." (Y/N) said as Raph chuckles.

After 54 minutes, the two teens reached the lair as Raph takes the food out of (Y/N)'s arms heading to the kitchen placing it on the counter and regroups with (Y/N).

"We don't really have a night patrol today so I was wondering if,"

"You want to go on date (Y/N)..." Raph said as (Y/N)'s eyes sparkle at his attempt at a heartfelt confession.

(Y/N) suddenly hugs one of his arms hiding part of their face as they spoke.

"I would love to." (Y/N) said as Raph delicately embraces them snuggling closer near their neck.

The three turtles peeking behind the living room witnessed the couple blissfully talking about other topics.

Mikey internally screamed as he ran around in a circle expressing glee at the couple as the others comment about the two.

("I'm guessing they're slowly warming up to Raph's hugs.")

("Because they used to hate hugs until they met him.") Leo said.

("It'll probably be a while but definitely get used to the pda vibes from the couple.") Donnie said.

("Ugh, don't remind me...") Leo said expressing disgust but still upbeat for his oldest brother.

Bonus:

After the date, (Y/N) naps near Raph's lap as the large turtle sews a heart shaped patch in a teddy bear. In the distance, Mikey draws the couple in his sketchbook as the other two turtles watch the youngest turtle sketch with ease.

("Do they know you're drawing them or is it another surprise gift?") Leo asked.

("The second one.")

("Omigosh, they are such a cute couple!") Mikey whispered and put his pencil down then holding his cheeks together complimenting the said couple.

("April told me a lot of the couples in the cafe,")

("Either gushed over the two or felt jealous then leaving afterwards.") Donnie said as the conversation continued while Raph remained focused on the nearly completed teddy bear plushie while (Y/N) dreams another date with Raph.

________________________________________________________

Originally typed November 1, 2019; Edited November 16, 2019

Leave comments or criticisms