16. Melancholy Desserts

Near the lair at 4 pm...

April brought four stacks of doughnut boxes and placed it on the table where the guys usually sit whenever they're eating. The four turtles were still skate boarding at the time but waved hello to April as she carried the boxes to the room. (Y/N) didn't notice her as they listened to the song "Donut Hole" by Hachi (or now Kenshi Yonezu) on repeat focusing their attention on the english lyrics as they watched the video for the ninth time.

Raph slightly nudged at (Y/N)'s left arm and they looked up removing their headphones.

"Go say hi to April. She's still in the lair and brought something for all of us." Raph said as (Y/N) nodded and the two went together to the room.

April spotted (Y/N) and grabs one of the boxes to open in front of the five teens.

"Are those-" Donnie said before being cut off.

"DONUTS!!!" Leo and Mikey yelled in unison.

"Yep! No special occasion well... Except that I got a free boba tea after I bought these."

"Hopefully you guys are okay with the doughnuts though."

"I didn't have enough to buy the other drinks." April said rubbing her neck.

"It's fine April, don't feel bad about it." Donnie said taking a napkin then grabbing a chocolate and vanilla doughnut.

"We'll buy the tea ourselves next time." Mikey said now munching on a glazed treat.

"Yeah, we'll probably start a food fight with the tapioca pearls and have to clean up after the mess." Leo said biting into the pink doughnut decorated with rainbow sprinkles.

"Pops wouldn't like that." Raph said reaching one of the jelly filled doughnuts.

April set the box on the table again after seeing a shocked expression from (Y/N)'s face.

"Something the matter (Y/N)?" April said troubled as the four look at (Y/N) as well.

"No! I mean... I can't really eat a doughnut at the moment but maybe later before I leave."

"Still thanks April.." (Y/N) said.

"No problem (Y/N)! But you better act quick though. These boxes will only last two days in this household." April said slightly teasing at the turtles.

"Hey!" Causing the three younger turtles to glare at April a bit bothered by her accusation as she laughs in return.

Raph still recognizes (Y/N)'s silence and proceeds to chat with them.

"Ever since you've been listening to that song, you sure you're okay (Y/N)?" Raph asked.

(Y/N) sighed after hearing Raph's comment and looked at him.

"I really don't want to ruin the mood though just because of a song..." (Y/N) said.

"Hey Raph, don't pick on (Y/N)." April said at him while the others notice the two teens talking.

"He wasn't April! It's just.."

"You never heard of a song with multiple interpretations while the artist never said anything else about it..."

A silence filled the room with no one responding after (Y/N)'s statement.

"Would it help if we watched the video with you, (Y/N)." Leo said attempting to drift the conversation in a lighter perspective.

"Probably..." (Y/N) said as Donnie begins to set up his laptop searching the song on (Y/N)'s phone and clicks on the video while the song starts.

_____________________________________________________

10 seconds before the song ends...

"Y O U R N A M E I S -"

The five teens by (Y/N) couldn't speak after watching the video until Donnie blurted out.

"You weren't kidding on the vague meaning of this song, (Y/N)..." as his eyes widen afterwards.

"I wonder what the comments say." Leo said taking control of the touchpad now scrolling down the feedback.

"It's always the catchy songs with the deep yet sad tone vibes." Mikey said hugging (Y/N) as they replied with a small smile.

"You had us worried there (Y/N)... But hopefully you're feeling better now." Raph said.

"Yeah.. I am. I apologize for the sudden scare."

"Really sweet of you guys to check in on me during that moment." (Y/N) said putting their hands in their hoodie pockets after Mikey let go of the hug.

"Just say the word and, me or the guys will arrive to your aid in need (Y/N)!" April said cheerfully.

(Y/N) laughed until Donnie snatched the laptop from Leo and dashed to them.

"Hey! Hey! (Y/N)! Hover over the fifth video!" Donnie said as they do so observing a dancing clip shortly playing.

"Kind of advanced for me." (Y/N) said as a sweatdrop appeared on their forehead.

"Not with that attitude (Y/N)! The silent part before the ending chorus is simple to follow. I'm positive if you just concentrate on the timing of the beats, the other steps will be a piece of cake!" Donnie said confidently.

"Oooo! That sounds like fun!" Mikey said glancing at the video.

"I'm not practicing early in the morning, Donnie! Not like last time!" Leo said trying to get out of the tech arms' grip from Donnie's battle shell.

"Hoo boy (Y/N)... Donnie's too stubborn to decline this dance video." April said.

"You might have to accept Donnie's request (Y/N) besides, doing the dance while having fun might ease your mind about the song's meaning." Raph said pointing out that detail.

"Eh what the heck, let's do this guys!" (Y/N) shouted raising their fist to their air while the others except for Leo cheered as a response.

_____________________________________________________

A slightly shorter platonic oneshot (tbh the platonic ones are more difficult to think about)

Obviously another vocaloid inspired oneshot as well (kind of a classic for Gumi along with one of her best songs also for Kenshi Yonezu who used to go by Hachi in the vocaloid community [still makes amazing original songs])

Leave comments or criticisms

Edits [August 17, 2019]: Deleting requests and other parts of my rambling comments