126. Donnie X Female!CatMutant!Reader

Requested by SilverDreams82

Donnie felt a pair of eyes, staring right behind him. As he turned around, a cat perched lazily on a wooden fence slowly yawning at the four turtles.

"It doesn't seem to be a stray since it has a collar-"

Raph gets interrupted by the cat's sudden reaction, quickly moving to the side as a feminine cat mutant fails to grab her pet. Her shirt collar catches her fall slightly turning red, embrassed by her entrance. One of Donnie's tech arms assisted the girl as it delicately removed her from that spot.

"Thanks, (C/N) went back to being a lazy cat." 

"A few weeks after some mosquito bit me." (Y/N) said as she readjusts her shirt collar adding another statement.

"And I still can't believe my mom is buying the whole cat costume thing." (Y/N) said.

2 weeks later...

(Y/N)'s cat became a frequent guest at the lair. Except, returning back to her apartment to be fed. (C/N) often looked over at the brothers' shenanigans and gets his daily quota of petting. Letting out a content purr as Raph nearly cried tears of joy. (C/N) being the only pet that didn't scratch his face compared to Mayhem.

Timeskip during the night patrol session...

Donnie went in a different direction closest to (Y/N)'s apartment with her bedroom window open. (Y/N) almost dozed off until hearing Donnie's battle shell, hovering for a few seconds as he landed safely on the fire escape rails.

"I take it the 12 to 16 hours of sleep is a burden on the homework." Donnie said as (Y/N) yawned placing the pencil on her desk.

"You don't have to say that twice."

"Sort of jealous that (C/N) doesn't have to worry about life and it's problems." (Y/N) said as Donnie nodded now sitting on the window sill.

"You don't mind if I try this experiment."

"Since you happen to be on your usual 15 minute break." Donnie said as (Y/N) covered another yawn saying 'sure' sitting on the closest side of her bed near him.

Donnie then places his hand on her head as slowly petting in a similar manner like he did with (C/N). The cat usually sat in a safe distance, watching the turtle work on a specific device.

(Y/N) almost fell asleep, slightly purring under her breath until (C/N) arrived, on top of the turtle's left shoulder.

Donnie quickly pulled away as (C/N) hopped into (Y/N)'s lap, now whining to be fed for his usual dinner.

(Y/N) got up cradling (C/N) as she spoke, unaware of the blush on Donnie's face.

"Sorry to interrupt the experiment but, (C/N) gets really fussy if he's not fed..."

"I'll see you tomorrow D..." (Y/N) said as she exited her room.

After that event, Donnie had to cover his mouth whenever he spotted a cat breed. Similar to the two cats he knew during the past few weeks. It didn't help that (C/N) knew the turtle slowly gained a crush on his owner. There were a few dreams where the collar allowed the cat to speak.

"Geeze, just ask her out already."

"I know overthinking is your thing but, it's a bit much for a crush." (C/N) yawned stretching his body as he rolled on his stomach.

Donnie often woke up thinking those dreams had a few nightmarish tones.

Timeskip to another week...

Donnie nearly stumbled out of his rolling chair after recognizing (Y/N) as she caught his shoulders.

"Have you been taking any breaks lately-"

Donnie quickly stood up muttering a thanks as (C/N) facepawed at the turtle's reply. Ignoring her first question as (Y/N) saw an tired reaction from her cat.

"(C/N) doesn't seem to be angry at you D."

"Do you think it has to do with last week's experiment between the two of us ?" (Y/N) asked as she lightly scratched (C/N)'s chin.

"An oddly specific question but-"

As Donnie stepped back, his battle shell bumped into a file cabinet that opened a few (f/c) gifts catching (Y/N)'s attention. (C/N) leaped off her shoulders as the cat grabbed the bouquet with his mouth and reappeared back to her putting it down.

Sweat trailed down Donnie's purple bandana, regretting taking advice from the talking (C/N) in his dreams until he heard a soft giggle from (Y/N).

"Really sweet of you to use specific types of flowers."

"Since some are toxic to cats and other pets."

"How did you come up with the gift ideas?" (Y/N) asked as Donnie lifted (C/N) onto his shoulders.

"Apparently, in some of my dreams,"

"I made a collar that allows (C/N) to talk in a telepathic manner."

"So, he played as the secret match maker."

"Bugging me to ask you out, (Y/N)." Donnie said as (C/N) blepped in a mischievious manner causing (Y/N) to laugh.

"Why are you tempting to make one for him-"

"Nope, and you know that the others would flip out on that!"

"I already had to sit through Leo's topic about a cool talking animal sidekick."

"(C/N)'s perfectly fine the way he is." Donnie said as (C/N) purred.

Bonus:

"D, you sure I can't have a cool glove equipped with weapons?" (Y/N) asked placing her chin on her hands, perching his shoulder as Donnie blushes by the cute act looking away from her.

"Not falling for that one, (Y/N)."

"You already developed a way to transform into the same size as (C/N)." 

"So, I have to politely decline your request." Donnie said as (Y/N)'s face pleaded similar to crying cat's face as the others glare at him.

"Don't fall for her crocodile tears!"

"She copied that from (C/N)!" Donnie shouted causing (Y/N) to burst out laughing at his dramatic answer.

________________________________

Edited May 9, 2020

Originally this was gonna be an angst theme one buuuut nah lol

Just realized the cat!reader prompt and other similar ones has been used at least once for the guys (Raph has two along with Donnie lol)

Results from the straw poll: besides the third and final rottmnt x reader book (up to 150 chapters); I'll just add the info about my rottmnt fcs in the my art/sketch book next month

Along with the extended oneshot referencing my first book; in the same final oneshot book (just a send off since I'm kind of mixed on how the story is going at this point [more focused into the oneshot type prompts but hey I tried at it])

Anyway leave comments or criticisms