145. Leo X Female!Hedgehog!Mutant!Reader

Requested by SonicFan224

Before you read please DO NOT leave any spoilers or mention of rottmnt season 2's finale in the comments

^Expect this note to show up in this week's oneshots just as a precaution for that note^

Near an alleyway...

A runabout ball lightly nudged Leo's leg as he spotted the small hedgehog inside stopping for a quick break. Before he could pick up the small sphere, a girl's voice stopped him from doing so.

"That little guy already gave me enough trouble! After chasing some neon mosquito while his owner tackled the thief, responsible for stealing other exotic pets."

"Don't trust that innocent face..." (Y/N) said as she carefully picked up the ball, now carrying it in her arms as the creature sniffs the air.

"I'm sure he was inspired by the famous blue blur or,"

"The blue devil since he definitely has a mischievous side to his personality."

"And he managed to bump into me in a place like this." Leo said as he quietly noted the girl's appearance.

"Never heard of Sonic being called the blue devil but anyway,"

"Thanks for noticing this guy before he got into something dangerous." (Y/N) said.

"No problem! So wait, he's not your pet?" Leo asked.

"I'm kind of too busy to raise a pet and his owner has more experience with taking care of hedgehogs."

"But, she noticed how he always escapes to check on me so..."

"He's grown attached to me." (Y/N) said.

"Well look at it this way, you're sort of his personal savior and..."

"Who would say no to that adorable face!" Leo said nearly cooing his words as the small hedgehog stretches while (Y/N) chuckles at her new friend.

A few days later...

"(Y/N), you sure you wouldn't want a cool hammer to whack at any bad guys. In order to protect other pets like (P/N)?" Leo asked as (Y/N) rolled her eyes but still amused by his comment.

"What if Donnie has to fix the said hammer, especially when it breaks." (Y/N) replied.

"Then, I'll make sure to constantly pester him to not add any other annoying fixes." Leo said.

"Leo, I'm just fine using my quills as a protective shield."

"And I can't squeeze any time for training to do a spindash attack." (Y/N) said as she pulled out a sewing needle and thread from her backpack.

"Still not open to the suggestion of trying to having your trusty sewing needle and thread as some type of heroic weapon." Leo said as (Y/N) started sewing part of a scarf.

"I'll tell you what, if you can lend me a hand for the next few weeks,"

"I might be open to the cool weapon idea." (Y/N) said as Leo grinned saying deal to that plan.

Timeskip near the end of the second week...

"You're not gonna do anything with the leftover materials." Leo said as (Y/N) put the last scarf into a cardboard box.

"Why? Do you want to keep it?" (Y/N) said as Leo shrugged.

"I'll probably just give it to Raph for his teddy bear stuff." Leo said.

"Okay then, I'll check with Donnie about the plans for that weapon idea you said a few weeks ago."

"But, thanks so much for helping out!" (Y/N) said winking at him before heading to the living room.

A bit of blush surfaced on his blue bandana, forgetting to reply with a 'you're welcome' at her. But, he quickly searches on his phone for a video tutorial on basic felt stitching for small figures.

6 days later...

"Raph, is Leo busy with something?"

"I haven't heard from him after he helped me with the scarves." (Y/N) asked as Raph sweatdropped.

"He's mostly checking on the weapon Donnie's making for you." 

"And not working on something else!" Raph said as (Y/N) grew suspicious.

"What's the something else part?" (Y/N) said while Raph saw Leo, who stood behind (Y/N) and had an annoyed look, silently uttering the word 'really' at him. 

"Uh, I think I hear Mikey calling me at the arcade, see ya later (Y/N)!" Raph said as he rushed over to the place, leaving a confused reaction from her.

As she turned around, Leo hid some item in his hands as she smiled happy to see him.

"I was wondering where you were but, can I ask why Raph gave such an awkward response?" (Y/N) said as Leo sighed.

"I had Raph help with this... And sew do you like it?" Leo said as he opened his hands revealing a tiny turtle felt plushie.

(Y/N) nodded in a content manner as she giggles.

"And I can see some of the cute bandages around your hands for this sweet gift..." (Y/N) said as she held his hands while Leo started blushing.

"I may have poked myself during some of the process," 

"You wouldn't believe how it went from, Raph worrying about the slight injuries to being aware of who this gift was for..." Leo said as (Y/N) snickered.

The next day near late evening...

After equipping the gloves, (Y/N) saw the sewing needles and how it can retract, along with the reattachable thread spools near her forearm. And the spare ones inside a (f/c) belt bag.

"I guess that you got the idea from some anime?"

"While, you and Donnie were brainstorming how to make my weapon." (Y/N) said as Leo casually says a maybe still closing his eyes with a carefree matter.

(Y/N) smirked as she threw two of the thread spools a few feet apart. Both objects landed parallel as a string connected them together as Leo left in a cool manner.

Leo stumbled onto the invisible thread as (Y/N) caught him, before the not so agile fall.

"Didn't expect I would try the cool gift on my flustered boyfriend..." (Y/N) said in a flirty tone as his blue bandana turned fully pink.

____________________________

Edited August 13, 2020

A few sonic references (hopefully the mention of Amy Rose's iconic Piko Piko hammer makes up for slightly different direction for this oneshot)

And one animal crossing reference at the able sisters (sable's another sweet hedgehog and I love her so much [her backstory lore in the previous games were the best)

Leave comments or criticisms