155. ROTTMNT X Reader: What if Mini Scenarios (4/5)

Requested by PancakesYum2

4/5: Hidden Talent

Author's Note: After I'm done with the what if mini scenarios I'll probably try my hand at oneshots for the Mud Dogz (the guys in the episode Raph's Ride Along)

I got inspired by reading some of the fans' headcanons and oneshots about them on tumblr so expect a few in this book (and feel free to request them as well)

🧡Brainteasers🧡

During lunch time at the lair...

"Whatcha writing?" Mikey asked.

"Brainteasers for an extra credit project."

"Well, more towards riddles than the usual thinking problems."

"Wanna try a few?" (Y/N) asked as Mikey happily nodded.

"Okay, 'it' likes food but 'it' also hates water."

"What is 'it'?" (Y/N) said as Mikey started thinking about the answer.

"Is it close to a sciencey sort of answer?" Mikey asked.

"Sort of but, I can give a few hints, if you want." (Y/N) said.

"Maybe on the first one please." Mikey said as (Y/N) giggled.

"Sometimes, Raph gets concerned about your previous weapon."

"With how its a safety hazard." (Y/N) said as an imaginary lightbulb appeared above Mikey's head.

"Oh! Is 'it' a fire!" Mikey said as (Y/N) grinned.

"Correct! And the last one..."

"Which sentence is the right one?"

"'The yolk of the egg is white'. or 'The yolk of the egg are white'." (Y/N) said as Mikey placed his hand on his chin.

"Wait a minute! Its neither because,"

"Egg yolks are yellow and I cooked a few for today's breakfast!" Mikey said as (Y/N) snickered.

"Since you got both of the riddles right,"

"You get a special prize!" (Y/N) said causing Mikey's eyes to light up.

"Omigosh! Really-"

Mikey silently understood the prize as he felt his lips sharing a kiss with his partner. After the kiss, (Y/N) held his hand. 

"I'm a bit nervous to present my extra credit project to the class so..."

"Is it okay if you and your brothers work in teams of two as a practice session?"

"I also brought a few treats for this mini competition." (Y/N) said as Mikey sent a reassuring squeeze.

"Yep! (Y/N), I'll go get them."

"Just let me know when you're done setting up!" Mikey said giving them a heartfelt hug before rushing over to the arcade.

The wholesome thought lingered on his mind. Happy to see to (Y/N), slowly gaining confidence as their relationship continued to grow strong.