183. Donnie X Reader: Late Night Pokemon Gaming

Requested by tsume110

At (Y/N)'s apartment inside the bedroom near 11 pm...

Donnie watched (Y/N) playing a pokemon platinum nuzlocke run on their 3DS. Their gyarados easily defeating Fantina's duskull and haunter with two bites. However, the main threat is her mismagius. He observing his friend switching to an aipom for the final battle.

"Let's hope she can take a hit after stealing the sitrus berry."

"Since I didn't realize Fantina taught psybeam to her last pokemon." (Y/N) said as Donnie nodded hearing the second half of the gym leader theme.

As (Y/N)'s aipom stole the berry, both Donnie and (Y/N) feared the worst as Fantina's mismagius attacked with a magical leaf. But, they sighed in relief, seeing only a tiny bit of damage.

"Grinding to level thirty definitely paid off."

"Also, it was probably a good thing you accidentally added the four extra honey in Floraroma Meadows."

"Who knows if you would have got a male combee instead of the funny monkey." Donnie said as (Y/N) laughed with their aipom knocking out Fantina's pokemon with another thief.

"Its better than what Cynthia gave me." (Y/N) said as Donnie shuddered.

"Please don't remind me of the togepi with hustle."

"That's guaranteed to be an omelet if you decide on raising it." Donnie said as (Y/N)'s character headed to the pokemon center to heal up and switch back to their main party.

"Don't worry, I won't."

"I already had to raise a buneary to full happiness."

"Even if, she has the klutz ability than cute charm." (Y/N) said as Donnie raised an eyebrow.

"Isn't that one of the worst abilities for that pokemon?" Donnie said as they shrugged.

"I was kind of meh about it until I looked up a few guides." 

"Saying that, it can prevent the other team from stealing items."

"Klutz also doesn't affect the exp. share, soothe bell, and other held items."

"I'm just glad, I have another tank in my party now that she's a lopunny." (Y/N) said starting a battle with the rival character.

"So that's why, you picked turtwig over chimchar as your nuzlocke starter pokemon." Donnie said as (Y/N) spoke still paying attention to the ongoing battle.

"I mean, chimchar would have been the best option, for the lack of fire type pokemon in sinnoh."

"But, I had a few close calls if it weren't for him."

"Even holding on after a critical hit psybeam."

"And I went with turtwig because of you guys." (Y/N) said as the battle ended.

Leaving Donnie touched, noticing the torterra in their main party.

"Are you planning on taking him to the elite four along with defeating Cynthia?" Donnie asked as a sweatdrop appeared on (Y/N)'s forehead.

"Maybe up to victory road."

"Her team has too many moves that would really put him in a tight spot."

"I rather not risk losing him to her overpowered garchomp." (Y/N) said as they held out their 3DS towards him as the screen displayed an underground mine.

1 hour later...

Another wall collapsed, annoying the two teens out of a few items over the usual spheres.

"There's more spheres than trying to find a single heart scale..." Donnie said as (Y/N) hugged their pillow.

"I'm surprised why there's not an npc that can just give those away." 

"Like, battle them once a day and here's your heart scale sort of thing." (Y/N) said.

"To add onto that idea,"

"The amulet coin also counts doubling a certain amount given to the player."

"Which can affect the difficulty scaling, after earning a new gym badge but,"

"Most players would greatly appreciate this feature." 

"Compared to the past methods of obtaining this tacky scale." Donnie said.

"True, but I kind of like the heart scale though."

"I always thought it was a sentimental gift similar to," 

"Giving a luvdisc to someone you have a crush on." (Y/N) said with sleepy eyes unaware of the blush, starting to surface on Donnie's purple bandana.

"Still planning on playing for a few more hours?" Donnie asked as (Y/N) shook off the drowsy feeling.

"Just until I reach Veilstone City's pokemon center, then I'll stop."

"I'll battle the trainers and prepare for Maylene's gym for another day." (Y/N) said.

"Does it count as cheating if I told you the other trainers' pokemon?"

"I mean, mostly for the double battles."

"Because there's a few where you have to battle them." Donnie suggested as (Y/N) hummed.

"Sure but, it might get boring since I'm just leveling up the other pokemon."

"In case, something bad happens in the upcoming fighting gym." (Y/N) said as Donnie snickered.

"You almost had a few glares at bronzor and chingling."

"Bronzor, with its ability levitate, to avoid ground type moves and,"

"Chingling, setting up a confused status and wrap as a deadly moveset." Donnie said as (Y/N) felt slightly embarrassed.

"It was only one time with that chingling when I didn't have the vs. seeker!"

"But now that I have a ponyta, flareon can be my backup fire pokemon."  (Y/N) said as the successful capture jingle played while Donnie smirked.

"Yet, ponyta evolves at level forty."

"And it will be a long time for flareon to learn fire fang at level forty three." Donnie said as (Y/N) gave a slight annoyed look at him.

"I'll let you borrow a copy of my (diamond/pearl) game to help with the trading evolution problem."

"And you can have a go at trying a nuzlocke for yourself." (Y/N) said now yawning their words as Donnie huddled inside their blanket without his battle shell.

"Tempting, but I might need your help on picking a good theme."

"After seeing the cute nicknames for your pokemon..." Donnie said as (Y/N) blushed surprised by that unexpecting reply.

_________________________________

Edited October 4, 2021

I kind of needed a change of pace so this was kind of inspired by my ongoing pokemon platinum nuzlocke run (And it helped a lot; but always use long hour videos just so the grind doesn't get boring and take breaks when needed)

Also a tiny quick update: I'm planning to finish this book by the end of this year (not setting a date for the last book I previously mentioned in a few past chapters but it will have really slow updates since I haven't been into rottmnt as I used to [I still like the show but some things made me distance myself away from it and sometimes its better that way])