69. Mikey X Reader: Fireworks Festival

Requested by PancakesYum2

At the lair...

Leo and Donnie tried their best not to laugh at Mikey who's wearing a full outfit consisting of a warm coat that nearly covers his pants, shoes, and a hooded hat that also functions as a scarf with mittens as the youngest brother slowly glares at the middle siblings.

"Hey be nice fellas."

"(Y/N) mentioned the fireworks festival usually gets crowded this time of year."

"Along with the cold weather."

"Plus we should be congratulating him that he's going on a date with (Y/N)." Raph said as Mikey walks away from his brothers.

He stops noticing (Y/N) who just gave a stack of plastic containers filled with food to Splinter. Splinter calls out to his sons to help out as the trio trudge over to their dad's location.

(Y/N) walks over to greet Mikey with a bear hug as the turtle blushes. The scarf covered his pink blush but he returns the kind gesture.

"Your dad gave the okay that we can go."

"So... Let's go!" (Y/N) said as they take his hand speed walking out of the lair.

"Wait, he didn't say what time we should be back by?" Mikey asked.

"Well no. But if you start to feel sleepy when the weather gets too chilly."

"I'll make sure we'll head back to the lair safely." (Y/N) said as they winked at him causing Mikey to blush once more.

1 hour into the fireworks festival...

The couple marveled at the lively sights as they traveled through the almost jam-packed group of people. They occasionally stopped by a few places to view various trinkets then moved on to another area. And during the long waiting sessions, Mikey whispered to (Y/N) noticing a few yokai individuals also at the festival as the pair commented mini scenarios in the background.

The two teens finally reached a spot free from the crowds as they sit by a hill near a group of stairs.

"I wonder if there's more picture like fireworks."

"But that's just my inner artist talking." Mikey said as (Y/N) giggles.

"I get that, a lot of anime has those."

"And I kind of want ones where the characters are a bit off model."

"Just so people can laugh during these tough times." (Y/N) said.

"Yeah, and there's potential with those becoming memes."

"Donnie nearly blocked all of us in the group chat last week."

"When I edited his face on a dog person who was dancing away,"

"Until the dog guy noticed wolf guy behind him,"

"Then sprinting in a weird walk." Mikey laughed as he shows (Y/N) the video he made.

"That is totally Donnie."

"Did you share it to April and Sunita?" (Y/N) asked wiping away one of their tears from laughter.

"Yeah, but I almost got them in trouble though."

"I was lucky that their teacher thought it was funny too." Mikey said as (Y/N) hummed.

Mikey recognized (Y/N) sending an affectionate smile at him.

"D-do I have something on my face?" Mikey asked as (Y/N) chuckles.

"No, just adorable to look at..." (Y/N) teased as Mikey began to blush.

"And that tooth gap smile is one of those cute qualities..."

"Do you want me to continue or-"

"I'm good (Y/N)! Maybe when I start getting sleepy you can continue okay!" Mikey said.

"Oh all right then, hmmm."

"Anything else you want to ask me?" (Y/N) said as Mikey brushes off the blush.

"Do you usually visit these firework festivals?"

"Either in the summer or near the end of the year." Mikey said.

"Mostly at the end of the year."

"But as of now, my family's too busy to continue the two year tradition."

"I was going to ask your family and the girls but,"

"I might be asking too much for such a childish thing."

"Along with the fact you guys are training against a threat unleashed by the foot clan..." (Y/N) said as they went silent.

"(Y/N), I'm sure my dad won't mind."

"Heck, I even saw him with wistful eyes when a commercial of the fireworks festival popped up lately."

Mikey huddled closer to (Y/N) as he wrapped his arm around their shoulder.

"I can imagine the stories between which food stand is the best and other funny stuff-"

Before Mikey could add more to his comment, fireworks start to illuminate the night sky with the snow boosting a comforting atmosphere.

Both teens gaze at the bright lights in peace. (Y/N) joined in Mikey's scarf proceeding to nuzzle his cheek as he blushed once more nearly letting go of his arm around them.

After the fireworks ended, (Y/N) held his hand as Mikey became drowsy on their way back to the lair. Upon reaching the entrance to the manhole cover, Leo removed it and waved hello as (Y/N) does the same.

(Y/N)'s parents sent a text message saying to stay at their friend's place as the weather grew more frigid. (Y/N) replies with an okay as Donnie brings them a cup of hot cocoa.

"I take it that the date went successful between the two of you." Donnie said as (Y/N) waits for the hot drink to cool down.

"Yeah, even recalling that one group chat incident with you." (Y/N) said snickering as Donnie frowns.

"I refuse to comment any further on that incident."

"And good night (Y/N)." Donnie said as he left while (Y/N) sipped on their drink waving good night.

Mikey refused to budge sleeping on (Y/N)'s shoulder as the other two brothers gave up trying to pry him out.

(Y/N) smiles and proceeds to kiss his forehead as a big grin surfaces on his face continuing to sleep pleasant dreams.

Bonus:

"Aren't those-"

Midway into morning, Mikey spots (Y/N) wearing one of his spare pajamas as they pet his head.

"Yours, yeah."

"You were sleep-talking and gave the okay that I could borrow one of your clothes for the night." (Y/N) said as Mikey pouts with blush on his face.

________________________________________________

Edited November 23, 2019

It took time to get an idea with the prompt but I'm happy with the end results

(Also the out of context scene with the dog and wolf guy are from beastars [I've heard some warnings about the anime and its manga but it seems interesting with how the studio handling a different animation technique; that opening is art inspiration along with the song])

Leave comments or criticisms