149. Raph X BeardedVulture!Mutant!Reader

Requested by Lordexplosionmrder

At the Run of the Mill Pizzeria...

"(Y/N), last chance to get something on the menu before the guys pick for you." Leo said while the others except for Raph were still deciding on the daily special or limited time offer.

"I'm still full from a milkshake before you guys picked me up."

"But thanks for asking." (Y/N) said declining in an upbeat manner as Leo shrugged now looking through the menu.

Raph quietly pondered why his friend rarely ate with a crowd of people. He managed to think of two important clues.

1. (Y/N) always mentioned a specific type of drink but, never the food paired with it.

and finally...

2. Whenever (Y/N) shows Mikey how to cook red meat, poultry, pork, or sea food. And especially when the food is gone... (Y/N) always asks to discard the bones themselves.

Just when the word bone entered his mind, (Y/N) calls out to him.

"Raph, your brothers stole a bit of the food you ordered." (Y/N) said as Raph loses his train of thought now grabbing his plate while the trio scarfed down a piece, denying the sudden act.

The next day around 4 pm...

(Y/N) carried a container of boneless chicken, ready for a broth Mikey wanted to try making as they head down the apartment stairs. However, they didn't expect Raph waiting on the ground floor as a plastic bag falls out of their pocket containing

"Is this a chicken bone-"

"Please don't tell the others I eat bones!" (Y/N) exclaimed hugging the container as they shrank down, realizing they said that out loud.

"Wait, you really mean it?"

"I mean, for the bones part." Raph said showing concern as (Y/N) looked away from his direction but continued to speak.

"Something about this specific vulture, and how the bird only prefers bones in its diet." 

"Along with, it's the only animal instinct that latched onto me."

"I only lasted a week trying to return to a normal diet..."

"I was lucky that I met Mikey at a farmer's market and that he liked to cook in his free time."

"So I gave cooking another chance because of it." (Y/N) said as Raph felt guilty.

"Well, I was kind of worried why you weren't eating whenever we're all grouped together."

"Or it might have been too serious to ask knowing how the others react but, now that you told me."

"It made sense why you wanted to keep the bones after the food's gone."

"Sorry for scaring ya, (Y/N)." Raph said as they felt relieved by his calm reaction.

"I'm also at fault for keeping this secret as well."

"But, thanks for being concerned about me."

"It might be a while before I let the others know about this unusual habit..."

"However, its a relief that you didn't freak out about this." (Y/N) said.

1 week later at (Y/N)'s apartment near the kitchen around 2 pm...

(Y/N) lightly bit on the steak bone, waiting for the baked cake to cool in the fridge while Raph stood beside them.

"Just waiting on Mikey for the icing." Raph said as (Y/N) giggled.

"Yep! But, since Donnie heard the word cake."

"He wanted to add more dessert toppings to it, thanks to his sweet tooth." (Y/N) said as they heard the doorbell ring, prompting them to hide the bone in a plastic bag, now putting it in the fridge near a secure spot.

"I'll get the door." Raph said as (Y/N) thanked him.

Just as Raph opened the door, Mikey and Donnie rushed in with the bags containing dessert toppings while Leo sat on the living room couch.

"It nearly took an hour for those two to finally decide on what to decorate the cake..." Leo said as Raph listened to the other two brothers argue with their suggestions on the toppings.

30 minutes later...

The cake displayed in colors of red, purple, blue, and orange and adorned with a fair amount of treats as Mikey took a picture of the finished product.

Before (Y/N) could take a slice, Raph offered a piece for them. Causing them to blush as they quickly took the slice thanking him once more.

("Do you guys think (Y/N) would've fainted if Raph held out a spoon filled with the cake towards them as he smiled.") Leo asked whispering to his brothers.  

("Probably and if Raph already bit into the same spoon with what Leo just mentioned,")

("Its sort of an indirect kiss.") Donnie added as Mikey shushed his brothers wanting to hear more of the conversation between Raph and (Y/N) still in the kitchen.

"Its been a while since I baked a cake and tasted one as well."

"And it definitely tastes sweeter with the extra help and fun added into the mix." (Y/N) said as Raph felt a bit of blush on his face.

"Yeah, hey (Y/N), I heard there's a new store in the farmer's market."

"If you want, we can head over there an hour early."

"The first 30 customers get a discount so..." Raph said as (Y/N) grinned.

"So, you're suggesting a shopping date?" (Y/N) asked as their blushed face deepened, staring back at him with a soften gaze while Raph returned another smile.

("Those two turning out to be a cute couple really takes the cake.") Mikey said speaking softly as he held onto the spoon, crying tears of joy while the brothers silent cheered for Raph.

Timeskip to the day of the farmer's market.

The couple managed to slip by the now crowded area as they carried a few grocery bags.

"Good thing we left before the rush hour started."

"It was nearly packed in there." Raph said as (Y/N) nodded.

"It gets pretty hectic during discount day."

"I almost saw my parents for a brief second and I'm not taking that chance to look back." (Y/N) said as they took his hand leading him to the next location unaware of his blushing face.

________________________________

Edited August 30, 2020

Kind of going through a writer's block so I kind of feel meh about this oneshot

However I'm enjoying tmnt 2003 (midway through season 3 and might start on the 4th one as well) 

Leave comments or criticisms