8. Donnie X Reader (2/2): Answer

One year after (Y/N)'s break up...

(Y/N) continued to live a happy single life as the turtles and April comforted them through that ordeal. (Y/N) felt guilty not being able to compensate for the lost time spent on their ex partner but the rest of the Mad Dogs reassure (Y/N) saying it's okay. 

Donnie struggled with what to say but tried his best when it came to (Y/N)'s well-being. Raph, Leo, and April often look at Donnie confused at his attempts being nice to (Y/N). Luckily for him, (Y/N) always appreciate his concern and thanks him every time. With almost every kind gesture he did for (Y/N), he uses his lab as an excuse to exit the scene to relish the small accomplishments of slowly gaining (Y/N)'s interest in him as a potential boyfriend.

However, Mikey was the only one who knew about Donnie's crush on (Y/N). At the end of the first month consoling a brokenhearted (Y/N), he confronted Donnie to give (Y/N) space for a few more months or he'll give his brother one of his sessions as Dr. Delicate Touch. Donnie tensed up as he slowly glared at his brother until hearing Mikey's words.

"(Y/N) wouldn't like it if  you made a move on them during this time. It's really rude put your feelings over theirs Donnie."

Donnie remained stunned at his brother's keen observation but turned away from folding his arms. Mikey then noticed his brother gripping tightly on the purple arm bands near his elbows. As he slowly stepped to his older brother's side, he heard Donnie slowly inhaling and exhaling his breathing while his purple mask starts to drench with tears running down his face.

Mikey smiled at his brother and puts his arms to the side.

"I won't let our brothers and April know about your crush on (Y/N), your secret's safe with me!"

Donnie chuckled at his brother's enthusiasm and acknowledged this gesture before heading back to the lair.

Mikey snapped out of his recollection of that event with Donnie and thought of a plan on how to get the two together.

__________________________________________________

Friday: 5 pm - Near a mall...

"Not really sure how Mikey thought getting a figurine of a Jupiter Jim character counts as an incognito mission. " (Y/N) said raising an eyebrow at Donnie.

"Well he said it's a surprise for our brothers but surprisingly Leo's more careful about these figurines than the rest of us. " Donnie said.

"Just like you with your tech stuff Donnie!" (Y/N) said as they pointed their hands in a finger gun winking at him with one eye.

Donnie briefly short circuited after seeing (Y/N) posing in that manner.

("Anime really is real!") Donnie thought to himself as he imagines (Y/N) as a chibi doing the same pose.

"Uh... Earth to Donnie?" (Y/N) said as they waved their hand in front of Donnie's face.

Donnie shook his head and recovered back to his regular self.

"Yes sirree! I'm the brains of this operation and I definitely deal with the tech stuff. " Donnie said as he let out a laugh.

A sweatdrop appeared on (Y/N)'s head while smiling at the turtle.

Mikey watched the two up a floor above them as he facepalmed embarrassed at his brother wearing his Magic Mike disguise.

7 pm...

(Y/N) and Donnie sat near a bench with the take out food between the two as the food courts were packed full of people. As Donnie took a sip from his drink, he looked at (Y/N)'s outfit.

They wore (a white jumper dress with light pink leggings and wore black boots or a black jacket with their favorite shirt and necklace, gray pants, and black sneakers).

Donnie felt that his outfit was almost close to hipster chic with the pants and hat he got from "The Purple Game". He still remembered the soulless stare from Mikey and decided to swap the flannel shirt with his purple hoodie not to say anything  about that event. But he took the red flannel as an emergency raincoat when Mikey didn't notice.

Donnie spotted a food stain on (Y/N)'s face as he puts his drink down and takes a napkin afterwards moving the leftover food for his brothers to his side of the bench.

"(Y/N). You got something on your-"

Donnie didn't notice he was almost sitting close to (Y/N) as they looked up with their mouth closed as the napkin reached to their food stained cheek.

Mikey internally screamed in joy as he saw his brother unexpectedly making the first move on (Y/N). He ran to the closest stairs to get a closer look.

"Sorry!" Donnie said as he scrambled to the nearest trash can disposing the napkin trying to hide the blush on his face. 

(Y/N) blinked for a few seconds and heard the intercom play out.

An anonymous person requested this song to play out but since subtitles are needed to enjoy this classic unexpected sequel... Hopefully the instrumental will suffice since listeners will reminisce the whistling tune near the end... Thanks for listening once again!

The instrumental of the song Answer by Dixie Flatline begins to play.

Donnie heard the song as he saw (Y/N) closing their eyes contently listening to the songHis shoulders loosen and remembered how (Y/N) is a separate person and slowly accepted their decision if they choose to reunite with (P/N).

Donnie sat in the bench giving space between themHe heard (Y/N) whistling the same tune near the end of the song and opened their eyes as the song ended.

"You plan on dating (P/N) again..." Donnie asked not looking at them.

"Not really, I like someone else now." (Y/N) said.

Donnie became curious on who's (Y/N)'s new crush but was afraid to say anything still scared about being jealous once again.

"I'll give you a hint, it's one of you four turtles." (Y/N) said closely their eyes.

A fire lit in Donnie's eyes as he begins to think what qualities his brothers have to copy that are sure to swoon (Y/N)'s heart.

Mikey frowned at Donnie as he sees (Y/N) sitting close to Donnie's side.

"I got it's-"

Donnie glanced towards (Y/N) who tilted their head grinning at him. The ear flaps on his hat flare up astonished by this realization and his face blushes.

Mikey walks past them as he exits the mall heading back to the turtle tank.

(Y/N) snickers at the speechless Donnie but hears the sound of thunder outside the building. (Y/N) instantly carried the plastic bags filled with leftover containers and the Jupiter Jim figurine box and looked back at Donnie.

"If you get sick when we get back to the turtle tank, I promise to take care of you." (Y/N) said.

Donnie smirked at (Y/N) as he grabs the red flannel shirt shielding him and (Y/N).

"I will do the same for you (Y/N)" Donnie said in a smug tone as the two head out of the mall.

___________________________________________________

A more lighthearted continuation from the previous story (with a pinch of the cliche shoujo scenarios)

I'm done with the vocaloid oneshots for now but I'll happily accept suggestions (that doesn't go against my rules)

(Leave comments or criticisms)

Edits [August 17, 2019]: Deleting requests and one grammar error in the comments