57. Leo X Reader: Who's Your Favorite?

(Y/N) felt miserable during a surprise early b-day party for one of their relatives.

In the afternoon, (Y/N) was okay but near the 7 pm, the loud noise was beginning to annoy them. Their cellphone rang as they checked the text.

Hanging in there (Y/N) - Leo

(Y/N) half smiles replying to the text.

(Y/N): Just barely. Even my younger cousin's like "I want to get out of here" as she's playing a game on her phone with a dead stare.

Leo: Oof. I'm guessing we can't hang out today huh.

(Y/N): Probably not but maybe next week's good.

Leo: Did anything happen while you're stuck in the party?

(Y/N): Three kids were full of chaotic energy. Two of them said the most savage things and they're like the youngest.

Leo: Let's hope you're not on babysitting duty at some point lol.

(Y/N): If I am, one of you guys has to help since you said that Leo.

Leo: Fine, nah we'll all help out just because we love ya (Y/N)!

(Y/N) breathes through their nose as they slowly turn crimson typing another response.

(Y/N): I'll laugh if one of the kids pick a favorite out of you guys.

Leo: As if you don't have a favorite among us.

Almost three minutes past as Leo slightly gets worried about the silence from (Y/N).

Leo: Did I go too far, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): No! no no! Tbh It's just kind of personal and I can't say more on that... Please understand...

Leo: Oh sure no problem. Also sorry about that.

(Y/N): Thanks Leo.

Leo lets out a yawn attempting to text back.

Leo: Yeah, I'm gonna cut this conversation short. I'm sort of close to hitting the snooze button. Good night (Y/N).

(Y/N): Night Leo.

After that last text, (Y/N) noticed the guests leaving quickly saying good bye to them while (Y/N) waves as a response. Their younger cousin beside them was by the entrance sending a hug to (Y/N) as they grinned returning the hug before she left with her parents.

(Y/N) checked their phone once more for the time.

("9 pm.")

Their stomach growled as they got out of their seat. (Y/N) heads to the kitchen for dinner before going to sleep.

______________________________________________

The next day at noon...

(Y/N) recognized two of their relatives still at her apartment. Slightly woken up by this, (Y/N) managed to say hello after getting a plate filled with barbecue and rice. They decide to grin and bear it despite not being in another party mood.

Thirty minutes later, (Y/N) finished their meal just before guests arrived. (Y/N) went to the door-hole and saw the turtles wearing casual wear as their disguises. (Y/N) opened the door as Leo begins to speak.

"You just woke up, (Y/N)?" Leo asked as Raph facepalmed.

"Thirty minutes ago."

"I ate before party part 2 begins." (Y/N) said as they let the turtles in.

"A bit annoyed that you're not able to work on your assignments." Donnie said not looking away from his phone.   

"Yeah but I can manage." (Y/N) said.

The banquet scent from the food made Raph and Mikey drool as the two hurried to the kitchen before other guests showed up. Donnie followed after in a calm matter as he grabs a plate.

"You know Donnie was going to bring Shelldon and just use him to get the food."

"But, Raph went against it not blow our cover." Leo said.

"And not counting how kids are with other peoples' stuff." (Y/N) said.

Donnie shivers as he returns with a well portion lunch sitting across from the two teens.

"I still remember that poor laptop destroyed by a can of soda."

"I'm not taking any chances bringing my gear!" Donnie said as the duo laughs at his comment.

3 pm...

The turtles overhear a conversation between (Y/N) and their relatives as (Y/N) refills their drink.

"So (Y/N), are you dating one of those four-"

"We're not dating!" (Y/N) said as blush surfaces on their face holding on to the soda filled cup.

"Okay sure (Y/N)." Said one relative rolling his eyes.

"I never met such respectable lads."

"I hope one of them captured your heart (Y/N)!" Said one elderly woman as (Y/N) groans go backing to where the turtles are.

(Y/N) sits besides Leo after placing their cup on the table.

"That relative talk huh, (Y/N)..." Leo said as (Y/N) pouts looking away from him.

"Hey, take it easy on the teasing Leo."

"We're lucky (Y/N) let us in, especially with how tired they are." Raph said scolding him.

Leo paid no attention to his brother's comment as he shrugs.

"You know I have boundaries on my jokes."

"And I definitely wouldn't go far to start flirting with-"

Leo paused as his mask tinted pink while (Y/N) squints at him.

"Start flirting with who?"

"I assume Sunita but she's more interested in April and the same goes for her." (Y/N) said as Leo's brothers watch him struggle of an excuse escaping from this atmosphere.

"I'd love to answer that question, but,"

"I just remembered I had to get a copy of the latest Jupiter Jim comic before heading back home."

"So just hang on to that thought, okay bye!" Leo said as he ran past one of (Y/N)'s uncles lifting an ice bag out of the door.

"What's gotten into him?" (Y/N) asked as the trio winced.

("You think (Y/N) would get two hints from the words 'flirting' and 'love'...") Donnie whispered.

("Maybe that's why he hasn't thought of any one liners these days.") Mikey mentioned as Raph chuckles.

("Never thought I see the day he gets flustered around (Y/N).") Raph said as his brothers snicker while a confused (Y/N) tilts their head at the trio.

______________________________________________

Back at the lair...

Leo slouched near the one of the beanbags in the living room. He avoided a heartfelt confession towards (Y/N) and he was certainly glad they weren't aware of his feelings.

Not that it was a bad thing but he just had unexpected timing during this day.

He sighs checking his phone on (Y/N)'s icon with emojis of their interest and hearts.

("I'll try another day...") Leo thought to himself hoping his next encounter with (Y/N) will push him to ask them out on a date.

______________________________________________

Originally typed October 5, 2019; Edited October 12, 2019

A oneshot based off my previous weekend (extended parties are both a blessing and a curse)