51. Mikey X Female!ButterflyMutant!Reader

Requested by chu1luc

Mikey finished spray painting one of the unoccupied apartment lots. He grinned at his art piece consisting of cross contour lines after watching a few videos of it two weeks ago. As he looked at the night sky, a humanoid figure with butterfly wings flew by glowing (f/c) leaving a glittery like trail.

He took a deep breath deciding to finally go after the individual as he grabs his art kit with him.

It didn't take long for (Y/N) to notice she was being followed as she uses her wings to display four glaring eyes to scare off the intruder. Mikey yelps at the sight of six eyes almost losing his footing to the next building. (Y/N) loses her guard as she catches the teen in her arms before he falls to a nearby dumpster.

Mikey's eyes twinkle at the feminine butterfly mutant with the full moon illuminating her appearance.

Shortly after, the two teens became acquainted with one another.

When Mikey introduces (Y/N) to his brothers, she explains about her oozesquito incident. He frowns when Donnie talks about the chrysalis process but wasn't sure how to make up for the lost time (Y/N) experienced with another annoying process. However, she reassures him saying it wasn't as bad commenting she could now fly. The brothers sweatdrop when she lists more positive and negative traits to her whole situation. She stops herself now mentioning that she met Mikey and his brothers who are more used to this scenario as she floats around him with jubilant energy.

Mikey ends up blushing forgetting the trio was still around but they all made a note about his tiny crush on (Y/N).

3 days later to the next night patrol...

(Y/N) joined the turtles wearing a medical belt helping survey various areas.

"So (Y/N), you haven't seen any of Mikey's graffiti around the city?" Leo asked as Mikey sat on Raph's shell listening in on the conversation.

"Ah! As a matter of fact, I have!" (Y/N) said as she shows one of the other pieces on her phone to Leo.

"Yep! That's definitely your signature buddy!" Leo said as Mikey sprints over to see.

"Do you usually go off on your own (Y/N)?" Raph asked a bit worried at the younger girl.

"I still carry pepper spray or a taser on me even before this whole situation!"

"Plus I end my graffiti search before the sun sets." (Y/N) said.

"Yet, you met Mikey three days ago at night..." Donnie specified that detail as her antennas droop at his truthful statement.

"I just helped out my grandma with something!"

"Just be glad some people are aware about costumes and cosplay these days!" (Y/N) said folding her arms.

Donnie shrugs saying a halfhearted sorry as she glares at him.

 Mikey quickly steps in front of her trying to change the subject.

"(Y/N), if you're not busy..." Mikey asked.

"We could hang out for a spray paint d-"

"M-meet up! A spray paint meet up!" Mikey said as he sweats almost saying date as while the brothers slowly grin witnessing their nervous brother.

(Y/N)'s antennas perk up as she flutters around Mikey.

"Sure! That sounds fun!" (Y/N) said sending a smile to him when he internal screams how cute she is.

The two teens talk about the plan as they walk ahead while the trio slowly kept their distance.

_______________________________________________

Time Skip to Friday night...

(Y/N) observes her friend with a work in progress piece as he pauses looking at it.

Mikey was conflicted on how to illustrate the same pose when he first saw (Y/N)'s silhouette. He only remembered the sparkling trail as he lets out a sigh.

(Y/N) hovers over to his side concerned at him.

"I'm still new to this spray painting thing but I don't mind helping out."

"Seeing how you have a bit of art block with this piece." (Y/N) said as Mikey chuckles softly.

("I got over that pesky block when I first saw you, (Y/N)...") Mikey thought to himself.

"Now that I think about it..."

"There is something you can do, (Y/N)." Mikey said as she gasps with a grin.

1 hour later...

The art piece displays a silhouette similar to (Y/N) with an evening sunset and the familiar (f/c) trail in a circular pattern near her.

(Y/N) stares at it with awe as Mikey holds his arm.

"I wonder,"

"Any reason why I'm the center piece, Mikey?" (Y/N) asked as he quickly tries to explain with blush on his face.

"Erk! It's kind of a long story!" Mikey said as she listens.

Long story condensed with some additional details

Mikey had plenty opportunities to say hello to (Y/N) but he chickened out. However, (Y/N)'s (f/c) never slipped out of his mind. There were at least four sketches just before today's successful achievement. He didn't bring his sketchbook with those drawings fearing that (Y/N) might recognize his crush on her as she looked through it with his permission.

"Well... I sort of feel better letting that out.." Mikey sighed as he looks at (Y/N).

"Awww! There's no shame saying your feelings out loud."

"To be honest, I didn't want to bother an artist in the zone."

"So I'm in the same boat as you, Mikey..." (Y/N) said now tinted pink as her wings slowly hid half of her body.

The new couple decided to chat about their new feelings for each other as they sat with the evening sunset beginning to appear.

_______________________________________________

Originally typed September 8, 2019; Edited September 14, 2019

A bit shorter than my usual stuff but a cute ending none the less

Leave comments or criticisms