141. Donnie X Reader: That Dumb Hat

Requested by PancakesYum2

3 pm...

(Y/N) was surprised by Donnie's sudden actions. As the turtle rushed out of the lair with an excited grin, opening a package in the distance. He returned moments later wearing a white flappy hat with black polka dots in various spots as he tosses the box to a random corner.

(Y/N) puffs their cheeks using their phone to distract themselves. Not wanting to discourage Donnie but...

They just really hate that type of hat.

Even if fashion models turn that hat into the some latest trend, it's still the same ugly hat. And a few of (Y/N)'s relatives enjoy wearing that same hat as well.

Mikey was able to pull (Y/N) away into the arcade. Spotting the unexpected blush on his friend's face.

After a few seconds, (Y/N) spotted a mischievous look on his face.

"Betcha Donnie is one of the few people who could pull off that look huh, (Y/N)?" Mikey said as they scoff.

"W-whatever, I still think that hat's stupid..." (Y/N) said as Mikey shows a picture on his phone to them.

"His new hat reminds me of a Dalmatian puppy." Mikey said as (Y/N) nearly trips seeing an edited photo where Donnie has dog ears and spots of that specific dog with the new hat.

"Mikey, I swear I'll yeet your phone if you show that picture to Donnie!" (Y/N) said now turning into a deep red as the turtle smirked.

"Well, I'll make sure the first thing Donnie sees, after he's finished fixing my broken phone."

"Is a picture of (Y/N) blushing at the hat they really hate!" Mikey said in a sing songy voice as (Y/N) slowly glared at him.

(Y/N)'s phone rings as they read part of the text message.

(Y/N), can you deliver this package to the thrift store for your relative? - MOM

The directions in the second message were described in a confusing manner as (Y/N) sighed at the long paragraph.

"I might have to skip out on tonight's patrol to delivery something for my uncle except,"

"I have no clue where to find this place..." (Y/N) said as the other turtles head into the arcade while Donnie looked over his friend's shoulder, skimming through the messages.

"Rare for a thrift shop to be open until 12 am."

"And its even more surprising, that there's some mystic energy from that particular place..." Donnie said equipping his goggles as (Y/N) tenses up with blush near their face, recognizing the turtle still wearing the flappy hat.

("At this point, (Y/N) might have a love-hate thing with those flappy hats-")

(Y/N) ignores Leo's comment as they text a response to their mom.

Timeskip to 6 pm at (Y/N)'s apartment...

("He's still wearing that hat...") (Y/N) thought to themselves as they opened the door.

"Any reason why you're still wearing that hat?" (Y/N) asked as Donnie entered inside.

"Hey, it took a month for this hat to finally arrive so, I don't need to answer your question."

"Although..."

One of the tech arms in Donnie's battle shell lightly grappled onto (Y/N)'s back collar shirt. As the metallic device lifted his friend slightly startling them as he spoke.

"Today, I noticed you seem to look away or tense up whenever I wear this particular hat,"

"Care to answer that strange habit..." Donnie asked as (Y/N) looked down slowly compling to his question.

"I really hate those hats... But, when you wear it..."

"Like, how did you make that hat look so cute?"

"Mikey was the first to point out the blush on my face and don't get me started on Leo mentioning,"

"I might have a love-hate thing with those hats, thanks to you..." (Y/N) said as the tech arm lowered them down in a moderate manner then returned to the battle shell.

"So, you weren't lying about the cute part." Donnie said as (Y/N) recognized him not looking in their direction. 

 "Why would I lie about that?"

"Don't get me wrong, I'm still not fond of those hats but, whenever you're passionately talking about any nerdy topic..." 

"I sort of feel at ease, just hearing you speak in a happy manner..." (Y/N) said as they started carrying the package, staring back at him while Donnie starts to blush.

"Well, I can admit that I grew to appreciate your company..."

"Even though, some of your answers to certain questions were incorrect but, nevertheless..."

"I can always count on you to look at things through an emotional perspective..." Donnie said as (Y/N) rolled their eyes but chuckled at his attempt to a heartfelt confession.

The next day around 8 pm...

(Y/N) refused to speak to Donnie as they wore the flappy hat with an annoyed expression.

"You know you only have three minutes left until you get $20 from this dare and besides,"

"You definitely look adorable wearing one of my hats..." Donnie said as he cupped his hands near their face.  

"I don't need your help on winning the dare..." (Y/N) scoffed.

Donnie felt slightly offended by his stubborn partner's remark but, immediately thought of an idea. As he held (Y/N) onto his lap causing them to squeak by the unexpected gesture.

"Not risking you throwing my hat into something or someone."

"While you're being fussy at the moment." Donnie said as he rested his chin near their left shoulder while he begins to watch a video on his phone.

(Y/N) gave up trying to struggle their way out of their boyfriend's grasp, now a bit interested towards a video explaining the creative process of how a saxophone is made.

__________________________

Edited August 8, 2020

Slight edit: PLEASE DON'T SPOILER OR MENTION SEASON 2 FINALE IN THE COMMENTS (its fine to say it like I dunno maybe a week after it premiered [or even better when the series is finally done] for others and [and also me] who don't have access to nicktoons)

Just as a heads up (I should have definitely edit this in before getting some comments discussing some stuff about the recent spoilers but whatever)

I'm slightly over it - _-

This was technically one of the oldest requests I got and I'm finally glad that I finished it (last month's writer's block kind of stopped the creative flow but I'm up to 150+ chapters) And tbh hoooo boy I never imagined myself at this point

Also the flappy hat referencing a dalmatian puppy is a nod back to Donnie's voice actor who did a role at 101 Dalmatian Street (which the character is also a nerd similar to Donnie lol)

Leave comments or criticisms