98. Donnie X Artist!Reader: Thinking Outside the Box

Requested by Sleepy_Tornado with slight edits to the prompt

(Y/N) was about to greet Donnie until he interrupted his significant other.

"I love to chat (Y/N) but, April called saying Meat Sweats got hired as a caterer."

"And you know that guy is bound to use mystic ingredients in his dishes."

"Specifically ones that are still alive."

"Which pains me to say that you can't come along on this mission."

Donnie shivers remembering when the guys first encounter the pig mutant as he left the room not hearing (Y/N)'s saying on this matter.

In the kitchen, Splinter noticed (Y/N) slightly annoyed as he waits for the pizza. He only heard a bit of the conversation between the teens, feeling bad for (Y/N).

(Y/N) recognized the rat rummaging through the refrigerator and let's out a "Aha!" as he places the container of brussel sprouts and a box of chocolates beside them.

"Orange one mentioned this one prank last year."

"Thankful he kept the empty wrappers, glued inside the box so,"

"Knowing a second artist acquainted with my sons."

"Well, one now in a relationship with the purple one."

"I'm familiar with (Y/N)'s approach to a battle."

"And purple one is too stubborn to realize that..." Splinter said as (Y/N) gets an idea, opening the box of chocolates.

Back with the turtles...

The boys were contained in separate cauldrons as Meat Sweats shouts at Raph, to stop eating the vegetables in his soup.

"Hey, it's your fault that you wanted the whole cooking alive thing." Leo said angering the pig mutant as Mikey laughs, thinking about a post he saw on the internet almost matching what Raph is doing.

Donnie spots a kitchen cart bumping into the agitated Meat Sweats. The chef turns around recognizing a box of chocolates on top of the cart.

"It would ruin my appetite to eat sweets before a meal."

"But with how these turtles are acting,"

"I definitely deserve all of these to myself..." Meat Sweats said as he ate one of the treats.

He quickly spits it out realizing it was only a chocolate covered brussel sprout and the cart gets hurled into his direction. The pig mutant grunts as he sat up seeing (Y/N) in a waiter uniform.

Meat Sweats grabs his weapon about to strike at them as (Y/N) hops on to a stove avoiding the attack. (Y/N) seizes two cooking oil bottles and douses the floor with the liquid as they bounce their way to the cauldrons. He struggles to stay on his feet with the slippery ground and ends up falling as he skids to the floor. His weapon hits himself now grumbling about the pain.

(Y/N) ditches the items as they seize Donnie's battle shell, equipping themselves with it and his tech bo while the weapon collects the others. They throw Raph's tonfas at him as he catches it. He then power smashes, breaking through all four cauldrons catching his brothers while (Y/N) follows after him.

The door opens as a well dressed panther mutant gasps in horror at the destroyed kitchen while the teens escaped the room.

Timeskip to midnight...

The brothers in their pajamas watched (Y/N) scold Donnie as he listens to an 'I told you so speech' from his partner.

(Y/N) lets out a sigh, stopping for a few seconds as they continue with a different tone.

"To this day, the fact you still kept that damaged battle shell after encountering Shredder."

"It's just terrifying to stay in the sidelines..."

"Not being able to help..."  (Y/N) said holding their arm.

Donnie felt a heavy weight on his shell. Knowing (Y/N), they probably saw the torn device, the day after the guys and April faced off a reborn Shredder.

And during those well needed rest days, he sluggishly blurted out a confession to (Y/N). With another factor troubling (Y/N), due to his sometimes sleep deprived nature.

Silence fell on the two teens and (Y/N)'s chest tighten seeing no reaction from Donnie. But, a light chuckle from him surprised them.

"I guess dad was right on me being nearly overprotective like Raph..."

Donnie pulled out a sketchbook (Y/N) left behind last week.

"A smart move to draw the fighting techniques however," 

"It's very strange that I was the only with full details..."

"Along with the mention of tiny hearts around me-"

(Y/N) took the sketchbook out of his hands, spotting a smirk from him. He inches closer to (Y/N) as they tense up beginning to turn pink.

"And considering you numbered the days, I assumed this was when you started having a crush-"

"Wipe that smirk off your face..." (Y/N) said feeling their face heating up.

"Well, there's only one way but, I enjoy seeing your blushed face..." Donnie said as (Y/N) froze blushing at him.

("That's unexpected of him.") Raph whispered as the other two brothers ran back to their room grossed out by the flirting.

Raph leaves the couple alone, due to the shift in the atmosphere.

Bonus:

(Y/N) quickly closes the new sketchbook just as Donnie looked over their shoulder.

"Still reflecting that I'm aware of your drawings of me."

"I wonder what other fantasies (Y/N) doodled in their previous sketchbooks..." Donnie said as (Y/N) hugged the book near their chest.

"(Y/N) didn't even start drawing."

"And you better stop teasing them before I tell on dad." Mikey said tired of his brother's excessive compliments at (Y/N).

"There's going to be a least one drawing of me in that sketchbook of theirs."

"And I'll just leave it at that." Donnie said as he went back to his lab.

 Mikey watched (Y/N) hide their face behind the sketchbook, letting a muffled scream blushing once more.

"(Y/N), is it okay we prank Donnie since you're close to a limit-"

"That's even worse!" (Y/N) yelled at Leo as he flinched from the shout.

______________________________________________

Originally typed January 5, 2020; Edited January 7, 2020

The brussel sprout chocolate prank is real just search it up (just when Meat Sweats was mentioned in the prompt I just thought of that lol)

I only remembered the soup post on tumblr but it's been a long while to know what it actually said so *shrugs*

I kind of added a bit of angst over an actual 'I told you so speech' (another last minute change in the prompt; but I did enjoy typing the action scenes) 

Leave comments or criticisms