162. Malicious Mickey X Reader: Midnight Loitering

Author's Note: adding this last reminder again just because Mud Dogs are implied to be adults; the reader will be around early or mid 20s (I'm still following the guidelines of this book so just expect my usual fluff and whatever)

15 minutes after midnight...

Before (Y/N) could grab the two sodas out of the vending machine, they froze hearing a third one dropping on the drinks.

The electric eel yokai placed his chin on their shoulder starting to smirk at his crush.

"Don't tell me you believe in that silly rumor..." Malicious Mickey said in a teasing tone as (Y/N) rushed in grabbing the first two cans.

"I know at least two games that implied the free drink was poison or something even worse!"

"I am not taking it!" (Y/N) said throwing the second drink to him.

"Well, more for me since you're being a chicken about it." Mickey said happily taking the free drink.

"Don't whine to me if you wake up with a stomach ache in the afternoon." (Y/N) said placing their beverage in a recyclable grocery bag.

"Eh I won't, I have an equally strong stomach like Leonard's." Mickey boasted as (Y/N) sighed.

"I doubt that but,"

"You guys have another job for tomorrow."

"And you know how Big Mama doesn't tolerate late behavior." (Y/N) said as Mickey groaned.

"Its not until 6 pm."

"Since when are you so worried about a regular heist?" Mickey said.

"She was very disappointed when you guys only got a quarter of the items she wanted."

"While she spoke without her usual frivolous tone." (Y/N) said as he rolled his eyes.

"Big whoop, she always does the 'make changes at the last minute code of policy'."

"We already covered sabotaging her old business partner's place."

"The night sparrow kept cussing up a storm and you should have seen his face." Mickey laughed as (Y/N) shook their head.

"I should've gave Leonard my phone so I could see a picture of you." 

"Almost wrapped up in a blanket like a long sushi roll."

"While trying not to get attacked by the guards." (Y/N) chuckled as his gills flared up with a faint spark of electricity hiding his blush.

"I told him to keep quiet about that!" Mickey said with an angry pout crossing his flippers until he heard a sound from (Y/N), opening one of his drinks for him.

"Just be lucky Danny was too tired to notice."

"Along with Leonard, forgetting to take a picture of that said event." (Y/N) said as Mickey swiped his drink back.

"I have to zap both of you if there's an actual picture on his phone..." Mickey said then mumbling a thanks under his breath.

"Its bound to be blurry if its there."

"He's not the best at taking photos."

"And what, you'll get us back with another surprise prank?" (Y/N) said.

"I'm not saying anything." Mickey said as he slither a few inches by an dimly lit alleyway.

He barely heard (Y/N)'s footsteps until recognizing their figure standing in silence. Close to a thrown out full length mirror. He took another breath approaching them.

"(Y/N), you know I'm kidding about the prank thing."

"You're rarely this quiet though..." Mickey said as (Y/N) lightly waved their drink.

"Sorry that I keep bringing up Big Mama..."

"Its just... Annoying to be around her..." 

"She always pokes fun at you guys..." 

"I usually have to leave the room so I don't say something I'll immediately regret."

"Not to be part of her other side gig running the Battle Nexus, being a future bumbling arena clown."

"I guess I can't stop worrying about you guys."

"Crimes or just enjoying the moment with each passing second..." (Y/N) said as one of the nearby corner lights reflected back on their face.

The blush reappeared on Mickey's face as his expression gradually soften but, kept a serious manner as he spoke.

"I could care less about what she says."

"She's just a business lady with a ton of issues on her plate."

"She has another thing coming, if she starts bothering you." Mickey said sipping his drink as (Y/N) stared at theirs.

"Wait, really?" (Y/N) asked looking back at him as he returns a nod, back to his old carefree self.

"(Y/N), you're part of the Mud Dogs."

"If anyone decides to mess you, those jerks are begging for trouble." Mickey said curling one of his flippers into a fist as (Y/N) chuckles.

Seeing Mickey chugged the beverage then crushing the empty can onto his forehead.

"No way the guys will get any sleep while you're this energetic." (Y/N) said.

"And you say that as a bad thing." Mickey said as he tossed the compressed soda can into an open dumpster.

Timeskip right around 3 am...

A yawn escaped from (Y/N)'s lips as the pair entered the back of the hideout. Mickey caught them laying their chin on his shoulder as he scoped through the living room. And piles of documents lay on the kotatsu table. 

("Starting to doze off...") Mickey whispered as (Y/N) curled up underneath the large table blanket.

("Yeah... I might as well stay the night while I'm here.")

("Good night Mick-")

("Wait, I have to go get something.") Mickey said in a hurry.

After a few seconds, (Y/N) blinked noticing one of his spare shirts.

("Its better to sleep in something comfy.")

("Especially if you're using the kotatsu.") Mickey said as (Y/N) grinned.

("Thanks for the hospitality but, go to sleep you big goof...") (Y/N) said hugging the electric eel. 

("I'll be fine but, night (Y/N)...") Mickey said heading to his room as (Y/N) went to the guest bathroom to change clothes.

Halfway into the next hour, while (Y/N) slowly drifted to sleep, Mickey was the opposite hearing his heartbeat. Fluttering at the thought now a reality of them wearing one of his shirts.

______________________________

Edited January 30, 2021

I haven't found a x reader oneshot for Malicious Mickey so here's my attempt at one (I tried my best making sure his character isn't too ooc) 

Finally finished my oneshots for the Mud Dogs (it was a fun change of pace)

Anyway leave comments or criticisms