61. Leo X Female!RattlesnakeMutant!Reader

Requested by Lordexplosionmrder

Leo notices half of a circular (f/c) brooch on the ground and picks it up as his brothers look over.

"Kind of similar to the one Sunita wears but it's definitely another disguise pin." Donnie said.

The turtles hear a door slowly opening as they begin to hide above the alleyway. A girl the same age as Leo, enters searching for the missing part of her brooch. They also overhear the sound of hissing similar to a rattlesnake as she stops removing her hoodie trying to pacify the rattlesnakes in her hair.

Leo was about to drop down returning the item to the girl but Mikey held him back.

("You'll turn into stone if those snakes see you!") Mikey whispered as Leo rolled his eyes.

("I'm not sure about that but they do have venom though.") Donnie said.

("Well, I'm taking that risk anyway.") Leo said as he escapes out of Mikey's grip and portals his way to (Y/N).

The rattlesnakes glare at Leo as (Y/N) held them gently to her neck. She spots the turtle wearing a blue bandana closing both of his eyes showing the other half of the her brooch.

(Y/N) refrains from laughing at the scared turtle as she begins to speak.

"My snakes and I don't have the whole turning into stone power so you can relax about that." (Y/N) said as Leo opens his eyes hearing her reassuring voice.

The rattlesnakes slightly loosen their glare as (Y/N) retrieves her brooch from Leo. She takes off the other brooch with the snakes disappearing now revealing her rattlesnake mutant form as she examines the two pieces.

"Thank you for finding this but,"

"Do you know any one who is willing to fix-"

Donnie descends from his hiding spot interested in (Y/N)'s predicament startling the girl in the process as her tail begins to rattle in self defense.

"Donatello, at your service, for the first fixing expense-" Donnie said as the other two turtles tackle him for scaring her.

Leo facepalms as he walks towards (Y/N).

("Not that I don't trust my bro but his fixes tend to leave a mess.")

("And it's a pain to clean up.")

("You sure about this um,") Leo whispered as he directs his attention to (Y/N).

("(Y/N)...")

("I-i don't have the money for the repairs towards my pin...") (Y/N) said clutching the broken pieces near her chest troubled by her mutant appearance.

Leo felt reluctant of another incident involving Donnie's fixes but he didn't want to upset the poor girl even more. He sighs as he calls out to Raph.

"Raph, to avoid another one of Donnie's 'fixes',"

"I say we look after Donnie just so he doesn't add any devices to (Y/N)'s brooch." Leo said.

"That's fair." Raph said as Donnie lets out a grunt of annoyance while Mikey sat on his shell as the youngest turtle waved hello to (Y/N).

__________________________________________________

(Y/N) frequently visits the turtles as she helps Donnie restore the broken pin. Along with one of the brothers checking in on him. 

On the 5th day, Leo caught himself blushing at (Y/N) as she waves to him taking a break from an almost finished disguised pin. He returns the gesture just before Donnie starts a conversation her. He wasn't sure what he felt but shrugged it off afterwards going back to his spot to read a random comic.