117. Donnie X GenderNeutral!Flirty!Shapeshifter!Reader

Requested by HeRoOfHoPe

Donnie was the last turtle to meet (Y/N) after the night patrol ended for the day. However, he briefly said his hello, staying preoccupied on his phone. Before one of his brothers could snatch the electronic device, (Y/N) grabbed the item finally catching his attention as their appearance transformed into an anthropomorphic soft-shell turtle.

"You know it's rude to stare."

"But, I'll let it pass since I finally got the cutie's attention!" (Y/N) said as they winked at the flabbergasted turtle.

It wasn't long that the shapeshifter frequently visited the turtles especially the purple one. Often helping him out, getting certain supplies that isn't near a junkyard or handing over a specific tool while they were on stand by.

"May I ask, why you're so interested in me?"

"Not that I'm curious on that matter." Donnie said shifting his focus on a work in progress blueprint.

(Y/N) sat across the desk behind him, thinking about their answer for a few seconds. They respond with a hum, placing their hands on top of their lap .

"You have your moments when you rave about random topics."

"Dazzling with some dramatic emotions."

"Also, April showed me that one dance video at the mall."

"Where you went undercover for a dance competition."

"Very nimble on your feet, especially during last round." (Y/N) said as they briefly imagined a tango routine with him.

(Y/N)'s ringtone interrupted their daydream as the shapeshifter checked the sudden text message.

Donnie heard an annoyed sigh from them as they hopped off the desk.

"Gotta leave for something else..."

"And sorry for the brief answers."

"I'll catch ya later Donatello." (Y/N) said as they waved good bye, almost hiding a fake smile.

Timeskip in the middle of a night patrol...

Donnie recognized (Y/N), bored out their mind, waiting by an empty alleyway. Wearing a (f/c), elegant outfit as they spun their phone while it's charging.

"Fancy meeting you here." Donnie said alarming his friend as they hold the phone near their chest, slowly beginning to blush.

(Y/N) instantly bounce back to a more serious tone as they spoke.

"Donnie, I kind of have to stand guard at this place."

"As much as I enjoy our chats."

"Now's not the time..." (Y/N) said as the turtle equipped his goggles slowly gazing with amazement at the unconcealed entrance. The passageway revealing a decorative interior similar to Big Mama's hotel.

"So, you're a part time bouncer for these parties."

"But, I assume the stuffy atmosphere, is why you dislike this sort of event."

"Almost restricting your unique shapeshifter abilities..." Donnie noted as (Y/N) held their arm.

"Observant as always."

"But still, I really need to focus D..."

"Shapeshifters aren't usually welcomed around these places and I'm one of the few,"

"Trying to get rid of those common stereotypes..." (Y/N) said as they stayed silence not adding more to the statement.

Donnie gradually backed off, detecting a sadden tone in his friend's voice. But, refused to budge, standing his ground as he looked them in the eye.

"I didn't expect (Y/N) would care that deeply." 

"On how others view them and"

"It might be too much to carry that burden."

"Almost by yourself, (Y/N)..." Donnie said as they looked away from him.

Seconds later, the concealed wall opened as (Y/N)'s boss overheard the entire conservation, rubbing her forehead.

"Your friend has a point here."

"And suppressing that stress for long periods of time, tends to be draining when you get my age, (Y/N)..." The lady sighed as she noticed (Y/N) folding their arms in a stubborn manner.

"Luckily, since this month's a slow one."

"You can relax for the time being and sorry for barging in on the conversation." As the lady left the teens in a slightly tensed atmosphere.

Donnie still had concern at his friend, proceeding to take another risk, switching the topic.

"Huh, the majority of those bosses, tend to ignore these types of things."

"I only witnessed a few from April's experiences, moments before he or she says 'you're fired' and other crude remarks." Donnie said as he finally notices a reaction from (Y/N), walking beside him.

"This isn't the first time my boss eavesdropped a conversation."

"However, she's the type of person who slowly warms up to a stranger."

"Eventually helping out, even outside of the work environment." (Y/N) said as Donnie snickers.

"I kind of envy that positive reinforcement."

"Perhaps I could assist you after this month."

"Just... As a form of an apology for almost stepping on your boundaries..." Donnie said as a tiny blush appeared on his face.

"I'll think about it." (Y/N) said as they hide their hands behind their back, walking ahead of him.

Timeskip to last week of the month...

Donnie looked over (Y/N)'s shoulder seeing a few dance sheets. One that fully caught his interest resembled steps to a tango as they turn off their phone, replying back at him.

"My boss wanted to get rid of a few things cluttering the place."

"So, anything was up for grabs and I figured, since there were a few of the dances sheets left over,"

"I thought, a certain turtle would enjoy having these around."

"Just to expand above his preferred genre and maybe,"

"Try his hand practicing some but," (Y/N) said as they stood up, holding their hand out to him.

"It takes two to tango though..." (Y/N) added as Donnie rolled his eyes but, accepted the challenge.

Bonus:

It often took multiple tries for Donnie, not to fully change the dance but, eventually the pair got it down. Sometimes, using the routine in combat, surprising evil doers.

_______________________________

Edited April 2, 2020

Not sure if I fully followed the flirty part of the prompt but I went with a different spin on the oneshot

The song Stalker's Tango by Autoheart was suggested along side the prompt for the inspiration (Near the 2:12 mark I liked to imagine during the breaks in between the dance sessions; the pair freestyle getting into the beat and sometimes the others tease them about it lol)  

Leave comments or criticisms