177. Donnie X Sick!Reader

Requested by Foxanimal54

Flashback

The cloudy weather begins to shower a few droplets of rain. Creating puddles of various sizes as (Y/N) saw their face in one of the watery reflections. Donnie stood under an awning of a closed cafe and finally got his tech bo to work. Equipping a waterproof canopy cover on top of the staff.

"Don't blame me if you get sick after playing around in those puddles." Donnie said as (Y/N) crouched taking a close look at the puddle.

"Donnie, its only light rain and besides,"

"I wonder if one of the puddles connect to the Hidden City." (Y/N) said as Donnie furrowed his eyebrows.

"I rather take one of Leo's unpredictable portals than risk," 

"A puddle portal towards Witch Town." Donnie said holding onto his tech bo as an DIY umbrella while (Y/N) got up with a lighthearted chuckle under their breath.

"That's sort of funny since you're usually not a fan of the mystic energy."

"And yet, somewhat familiar with your brothers and April's approach to it."

"I'm surprised how you haven't used the scientific method." 

"As a way to study and understand it even further." (Y/N) said playfully kicking the puddle before walking ahead of him to another larger one.

Flashback End

The next day around mid afternoon at (Y/N)'s apartment in their bedroom...

Donnie sat in their seat silently mulling over what they said during yesterday's conversation. Considering how he also has mystic energy. Remembering that amazing combo move with his bo, adding a mystical version of the drill. Representing a part of him, for his love for modern technology.

The thought now on hold as he observed (Y/N) waking up in an exhausted manner. And their face showing signs of a heavy fever noticing the turtle in their chair.

"You shouldn't be sitting up while you have a fever." Donnie said hesitating an 'I told you so' sort of comment.

Not expecting to see them in such a sickly appearance.

"I took medicine after eating lunch but,"

"I swear it only takes affect near the end of the day..."

"So I just nap until I have to eat something..." (Y/N) said then coughing inside the collar of their shirt.

"Are you caught up with most of your assignments?" Donnie asked as (Y/N) rubbed their forehead.

"Hey, I don't want you getting sick because of my sudden fever..." (Y/N) said as Donnie pressed the button on his belt now fitted with a neon purple helmet and tech gear.

"That's only if I don't keep at a safe distance along with,"

"Not disinfecting this gear by the end of the day." Donnie said as (Y/N) slowly lied down with a sigh.

"Just, don't go overboard with the cleaning to the point,"

"Where I can't find my stuff..." (Y/N) said as Donnie hummed with a half smile.

"I wouldn't go that far but, worry more about taking those well deserved naps." Donnie said as (Y/N) began to close their eyes muttering.

"You're always harsh with your words but,"

"You mean well to show that you care..."

"Every once in a while or in a subtle manner..."

Donnie laid back into the chair after recognizing their subtle grin before they drifted off into another nap. 

("I've lost track with how many times they've said a well-mannered response to most of my sarcastic comments...")

Donnie shook off another negative thought, tightly gripping on to the chair handle.

("Once they made a full recovery,")

("Stick to the plan of, don't overthink it and just ask them out.")

("Plain and simple.")

A few days later...

Donnie was about to place the note beside a sleeping (Y/N). Until they rolled over, causing him to take back the paper. Not wanting to risk the note from being crumpled along with the noise waking them up.

However, the bright sunshine from the early afternoon woke them up. Now in good health but, still sleepy due to the comfort of their own bed.

"Donnie, what's with the note in your hand?" (Y/N) asked as Donnie spoke.

"I couldn't write down my thoughts in a poem..."

"So, I attempted drawing it out. "

 "Expressing my feelings for you..."

Donnie then presented the decorated piece of paper with a sketch of a softshell turtle beside a folded up purple and (f/c) paper heart. 

Blush spread across (Y/N)'s face as they looked at the note. Then a warm smile appeared as (Y/N) stared back at Donnie.

"So that explains the purple papers from two days ago-"

"Really (Y/N)?! And honestly, it took an hour trying to find that video."

"On how to make that specific heart."

"Being on a small segment of a stop motion clay animation..." Donnie said as (Y/N) giggled.

"Its the thought that counts on what, makes this gift really sweet."

"You don't mind spending the first date on finding a picture frame for this." (Y/N) said now holding onto the note as Donnie blushed.

"Wait, you mean right now or later in the day?" Donnie asked as (Y/N) got out of bed placing the note on their desk.

"Right now sounds good but,"

"I still need to get ready and it should only take a few minutes."

"Then we'll head out." (Y/N) said taking a few clothes out of their dresser.

"Uh, so like something along the lines of matching hoodies?" Donnie said as (Y/N) snickered.

"Probably but, I did dream of you."

"Dressed in a suit carrying a bouquet of flowers though..." (Y/N) teased as Donnie folded his arms.

"Now you're just asking for the second date to be a prim and proper one!" Donnie exclaimed as (Y/N) shrugged with a grin.

________________________________

Edited June 4, 2021

I was trying something different halfway through the prompt but I think it turned out okay

Leave comments or criticisms